Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Ffs man, trying to earn a living here lol

French manufacturers have sorted their shit out lately based on reliability ratings and the amount of repeat customers Peugeot get is just insane. 

I'm amazed that they come back every 3 years for a new one and all I hear is "never had a problem".

Kind of changing image a bit too. Look at the old 208, compared to the new one. Nothing alike.

But if you need anything @Strokes let me know. Got about 8000 used motors I can get my hand on.

Yours comes with a free tile that has a hole drilled through the middle lol

Real Foxestalkers will get that :P

I know plenty of people that love them and swear by them but I’ve just had bad experiences, even with brand new company vehicles. To be fair though, I only really drive commercial vehicles, so it’s a different market.

Seriously though, if a Vito or a crew cab van comes in, let me know.

Just not a french one or an over priced Transporter because I plan to run it into the ground.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I know plenty of people that love them and swear by them but I’ve just had bad experiences, even with brand new company vehicles. To be fair though, I only really drive commercial vehicles, so it’s a different market.

Seriously though, if a Vito or a crew cab van comes in, let me know.

Just not a french one or an over priced Transporter because I plan to run it into the ground.

Pm me what you want, we've got a decent commercial set up at my site.

I can get you something. Not got a Vito, but got some VW transporters.

Could find something from another site.

We have a gentlemens agreement that the van guy would get the sale, so nowt in it for me, but if I can get you a good deal...:thumbup:

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Pm me what you want, we've got a decent commercial set up at my site.

I can get you something. Not got a Vito, but got some VW transporters.

Could find something from another site.

We have a gentlemens agreement that the van guy would get the sale, so nowt in it for me, but if I can get you a good deal...:thumbup:

No worries, I’m not in a massive rush but kind of waiting for the right one.

Needs to be a crew cab, has to be automatic and ideally a sports type. If the cab has bulkhead great, as I carry loads that can end up airborne.

Low miles as possible, not too worried about age.

Budget 12-15+vat.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

No worries, I’m not in a massive rush but kind of waiting for the right one.

Needs to be a crew cab, has to be automatic and ideally a sports type. If the cab has bulkhead great, as I carry loads that can end up airborne.

Low miles as possible, not too worried about age.

Budget 12-15+vat.

This is why I'm glad I deal with retail, not commercial, you lost me at crew cab lol

But seriously, I'll keep my eye out :thumbup:

Just now, Strokes said:

Crew cab is seats in the rear section. So smaller load area.

Alright, no need to get kinky :P

Haha I know really mate. Sold a Fiat Fullback last week. As a car, not as a business thing, but those pick ups are awesome.

Crew cab, like a Ford Ranger.

I'd actually drive something like that as my day to day motor.

Just now, tom27111 said:

Alright, no need to get kinky :P

Haha I know really mate. Sold a Fiat Fullback last week. As a car, not as a business thing, but those pick ups are awesome.

Crew cab, like a Ford Ranger.

I'd actually drive something like that as my day to day motor.

Yeah it just means I don’t have to get a car as well, plus I hate having the kids in the front. They **** about with things and mess with my system. Little shits.

• Haha 2

On 29/09/2021 at 16:58, The Bear said:

Quick ain't they! 

it is the linear acceleration it is frightening, at least in a Ferrari there is a slight drop in acceleration when you shift.

Easily the quickest car i have been in/probably will ever go in 

He has scuffed his front two wheels already as they are the low profiles and £250 bill in his first week, doughnut 

Edited by JonnyBoy
  • Haha 1

On 16/10/2021 at 22:17, Strokes said:

The trouble with pick ups, is they drive like shit. I’ve had the Nissan and Mitsubishi ones and they both **** my back. I do 40-50k a year, the ride needs to be nice.

why are majority of pick-up drivers generally really bad? always want a free ride in my boot and leave full beam on. Must be a small d**k thing ? 

7 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

it is the linear acceleration it is frightening, at least in a Ferrari there is a slight drop in acceleration when you shift.

Easily the quickest car i have been in/probably will ever go in 

He has scuffed his front two wheels already as they are the low profiles and £250 bill in his first week, doughnut 

I recently scuffed the lacquer on one of my diamond cut alloys, having parked 1mm too close to the kerb.Trying to remove the lacquer from around the area of the scuff seems almost impossible. Painter/varnish stripper is often mentioned as one method, but even that didn't have any effect. 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Having a browse yesterday out of pure curiosity, the price of used cars at the minute is insane! The same M135is that I was looking at 2 years ago (in terms of spec, year and similar millage) are now a few grand more than they were then?!

I have a friend that has a 3 year old Mini JC Works on finance, the dealership got in touch and asked whether she would like a brand new one off the production line (in the colour of her choice) if she would hand back her car, such is the demand for used cars. 

Likewise, my boss has a Land Rover Discovery which is a few years old. She's just put it up for sale as she can essentially make £7k profit. 

The market has gone nuts. 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Having a browse yesterday out of pure curiosity, the price of used cars at the minute is insane! The same M135is that I was looking at 2 years ago (in terms of spec, year and similar millage) are now a few grand more than they were then?!

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I have a friend that has a 3 year old Mini JC Works on finance, the dealership got in touch and asked whether she would like a brand new one off the production line (in the colour of her choice) if she would hand back her car, such is the demand for used cars. 

Likewise, my boss has a Land Rover Discovery which is a few years old. She's just put it up for sale as she can essentially make £7k profit. 

The market has gone nuts. 

And no sign of stopping either. 

Never been a better time to buy a brand new car. 

The new market hasn't shown the price rise that retailable used cars have.

I'm selling 18 month old cars for the same price as new ones.

If you don't mind waiting a few months for a factory order, some people are silly not to.

@tom27111 I watched this and thought of you.

I follow this chap on YouTube and he does great reviews as well as own a dealership. This 15 minute rant on typical used car customers made me chuckle. I'm sure you can empathize...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

@tom27111 I watched this and thought of you.

I follow this chap on YouTube and he does great reviews as well as own a dealership. This 15 minute rant on typical used car customers made me chuckle. I'm sure you can empathize...

I feel his pain. Its absolutely spot on.

Just yesterday, a woman phoned me about a used car priced at £11599

She was I'm Durham, I'm in Northampton. 

The conversation was along the lines of her saying she'd buy the car for 10k and wanting it delivered for free.

I asked her to make a sensible offer and might be able to knock off £100.

She then proceeded to tell me her budget was 10k. So I politely suggested that she should probably look for cars priced at 10k lol

Then she told me that there was one in Newcastle, closer to her, for 10k and with less miles on, so I asked her why she'd phoned me!

Things like this happen on a daily basis.

As the guy in the video said, the majority of customers are great, but a percentage of them really shouldn't be allowed out of the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I feel his pain. Its absolutely spot on.

Just yesterday, a woman phoned me about a used car priced at £11599

She was I'm Durham, I'm in Northampton. 

The conversation was along the lines of her saying she'd buy the car for 10k and wanting it delivered for free.

I asked her to make a sensible offer and might be able to knock off £100.

She then proceeded to tell me her budget was 10k. So I politely suggested that she should probably look for cars priced at 10k lol

Then she told me that there was one in Newcastle, closer to her, for 10k and with less miles on, so I asked her why she'd phoned me!

Things like this happen on a daily basis.

As the guy in the video said, the majority of customers are great, but a percentage of them really shouldn't be allowed out of the house.

Is this out of place just because of the strength of the used car market, Tom?

When I bought my last motor (admittedly 7 years ago), I rang up the dealership in Watford and basically said, I'm really interested in the car but it's a bit out of my budget and I'm a long way away, and they knocked off about 10% off the price without me suggesting a figure, so if folk have had experiences like that you can't blame them for asking.

I think in my favour it was an old style big petrol engine and they were going well out of fashion even then so they were probably keen to shift it

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is this out of place just because of the strength of the used car market, Tom?

When I bought my last motor (admittedly 7 years ago), I rang up the dealership in Watford and basically said, I'm really interested in the car but it's a bit out of my budget and I'm a long way away, and they knocked off about 10% off the price without me suggesting a figure, so if folk have had experiences like that you can't blame them for asking.

I think in my favour it was an old style big petrol engine and they were going well out of fashion even then so they were probably keen to shift it

You get discount at some places, but nothing really major.

The car has to priced correctly for the customer to find it on Autotrader, not many people scroll to page 10.

As a business, we don't put a huge margin on our cars. We'll sometimes do a couple of hundred quid to get a deal over the line.

But this one literally made us 200 quid. We'd make more by selling it at auction right now.

Days in stock is is a factor too, you don't want anything in stock over 60 days, but they'll have usually been reduced by then.

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't really know what an 'anti roll bar link' is but I'm very excited to be paying £200ish for one to get my car through its MOT

I believe its part of what connects the front roll bar to the suspension. 

Just had a look and they cost less than £20. Will probably take less than an hour to change too. Garages are a ripoff. 

Edited by The Bear

35 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I believe its part of what connects the front roll bar to the suspension. 

Just had a look and they cost less than £20. Will probably take less than an hour to change too. Garages are a ripoff. 

I don't know the exact cost because I'm having a service and MOT done as well and I've not had the breakdown yet.

I'd be surprised if they are ripping me off, I've got a really good relationship with them, and I GUARANTEE it will be a lot cheaper than the Mazda garage.

You're right though, the part's not expensive

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 1