Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

LCFC Statement: Ticket Resale

Anybody selling a season ticket above face value now is mental !

You will get shopped and you will be banned

FT Runs a great service on here and I can't see anyone being too bothered by that

That's absolutely brilliant. :)

They used to run it through Viagogo, but everyone was worse off because of the obscene fees Viagogo charged. So Chelsea then built their own exchange. It's a good idea.

Chelsea also donate profits made on tickets to thier charity.  

If you think about it season ticket individual match prices are lower than "pay on the day" price.  

And so they buy back at season ticket price and sell on at pay on the day price.  And then donate the difference.  win all round.

Will these go onto the 'football banning order' list like those that get caught fighting etc?

If they don't, then surely they'll get a mate to get them future tickets as plod won't have their faces in those little books that they carry with them.

Then again, if banned and caught in the stadium, I imagine the ban gets extended quite a bit.

The trading of references could constitute an illegal activity , I don't think anyone should have a problem with it , but I can imagine the club will now ban that process somehow

Until there are names printed on the tickets and you have to show ID at the turnstiles, there's no way to stop it.

Until there are names printed on the tickets and you have to show ID at the turnstiles, there's no way to stop it.

Totally agree , but the club I'm sure will feel obliged to try and stop it

Next season demand will only grow !

I think the club are probably just towing the line in the statement regarding being sold on at face value.

Our ticket thread seems to work pretty well from what I've seen, and although the away ticket priority thing is a bit of an issue, I can see the club continuing to turn a blind eye to fans selling to other fans at face value so long as it is on the whole a benefit and there are less empty seats.

Strictly speaking, you can't even "lend" your season ticket to anybody else as it is in breach of the T&C's.

Strictly speaking you can't even give your ticket away.  It is illegal.  S.166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 states that it is illegal to sell or "otherwise dispose of" a ticket.

I guess it is there to prevent tickets falling into the hands of away fans to enter the home sections, or maybe to prevent the tickets falling into the hands of those with banning orders or even the touts themselves.

In reality, giving your ticket to a mate because you can't make it is impossible to police.

Good from the club, and very good from some of the guys on here who have

been fantastic at flagging up ST holders ripping off fellow fans.

Also a shout out to the guys who put pressure on the club to stop selling

memberships, again well done.

Archived