Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Hard to know what to say.

Had we kept 11 on the pitch we would have won yet scoring so late feels a bit like a win.

The referee was beyond shocking and should NEVER be allowed to officiate in such a high level match again. His decisions from the very start were woefully all over the place.

First was vardy diving? Only he knows but he was so far from the play I don't see how he can have been 100% certain enough to make the decision.

Why was Payet not sent off for a really poor foul on Vardy which could have broken his ankle. Then he dived at least twice and the referee saw them both and didn't act. If Vardy was the correct decision this was not.

Let's move on to Winston Reid. Correctly booked in the first half he then cynically body checked Schlupp in the second half. A clear yellow card not awarded and he too should have seen red.

next let's have a look at their number 29  Think that's his number. Apparently he has no sense of balance. He was diving throughout the game at one point trying to get Huth booked. Continuous simulation for which he received no yellow card. Really going on the standard of the Vardy decision this guy should have been booked at least twice for simulation.

Their penalty was probably a fair award yet he never spoke to West ham players about all the shirt pulling and pushing they were doing in the area and  why were two penalties not given for two worse fouls on Huth.

Our penalty looked soft.

Credit to the players who kept going to the very. If Spurs win the league they should have a statue of Moss outside the ground as it will be he who did more to help them win it than anyone else. Lets' hope we can just get over the line.

I've watched it back. Ref was poor but not as bad as I thought. Vardy did dive. 1st yellow soft though. And Huth should've had a pen (as I thought). But Huth should've given one away too. So ref was terrible but not as bias as I thought. 

I think the referee somewhat naively believed he was doing everybody a favour by allowing some hefty challenges to go unpunished early on. Eventually he decides he needs to card somebody to halt the challenges, and books vardy for arguably the softest foul of the game so far. This is why these kind of debates will always rumble on until all referees interpret the laws of the game the same. Some refs today would've carded players much earlier, others may have done the same as moss and tried to let a few (possibly too many) go. I am of the opinion that if a tackle is worthy of booking, what difference does it make whether it is the 1st minute or the 81st minute? Similarly, whilst Morgan and Huth had obviously been warned, if you are going to award the penalty against us he had to do the same for the grappling of Huth. Not for one minute am I going to claim it's an easy job, but there is just far too much inconsistency. Referees performance aside I think we would've seen the game out fairly comfortably today, and credit to the players for going all the way til the 94th minute, heads could've easily dropped andI think the point will have a bigger impact going into the Swansea game than it does this weekend.

It's cliched, but that point might prove pivotal in our favour than the almost certain zero points might have been pivotal to our detriment. Lost that one and the media would have had a field day trying to turn the psychological screw on us. It didn't happen, thankfully and we will still be 5 points clear, should Spurs win. It's still better to be 5 points clear, with 4 games to go than 5 points clear with 7 games to go as we were after the Palace win.

The only worry I have is that Swansea will no doubt be extremely negative, trying to grind out a point or a late winner, especially knowing that we won't have Vardy. They'll be dogged I'd imagine. If we win that, regardless of what Spurs do, think we'll go to Old Trafford feeling very confident with Vardy back. That MIGHT be a very exciting day. Might...

West Ham again looked a good side. Physically very strong and even moreso now Carroll is fit and playing again.

It was good to see Kante basically snub out Noble. He was just not able to pull any strings.

The sending off, as usual, changed the whole face of the game. Vardy was on fire and I reckon would have scored two today.

And it was good to see Jeff again making one of those late bursting runs that sowed enough doubt in the mind of that joke of a referee, to award the penalty.

The only downside really was again I thought Mahrez looked jaded. His pass to Kante for the first goal was cool but apart from that he was running into alleys again.

This team has amazing character. I've just been talking to a couple of Jamaican hotel staff who also watched the game. They all want us to win the league. Genuinely.

IMO, Vardy was thick (really,really thick!!) to go down easily, when on a yellow. I can't have too much of a go though, as he's been an integral part of our season.

I'm fvcking glad we equalised at the end. I think we'll do it now -the equaliser being crucial.

Kind of fuming / elated at the moment.  :blink:

Agree with those who say Moss made mistakes on both sides, but his blundering was far more costly to us.

Even if you think Vardy did dive and was rightly booked, the sending off was bogus because the first card should never have been given.

There really needs to be a more transparent review process for refereeing.

The referee had long lost control of the game before Vardy's sending off so, although a dive which warranted a yellow, the outcome of this could have been any one of a few possibilities.  Moss happened to choose the wrong one and ruined the game.  Although considering his bizarre decision making up until this point, noone can argue that it wasn't unexpected. 

I've said it before, if you have a clueless referee in charge who is giving the benefit of the doubt in many occasions to the opposition players and you're already in trouble with a yellow, don't make the fool have to make a rash decision through a little bit of naivety on your part.

It was a thoroughly absorbing game though and the manner in which we clinched a point at the end felt like a win.  In the long run, this could make us even more determined to put right this wrong as we will go in fighting right until the end.  The team spirit was incredible and the work ethic throughout was superb. 

Looking forward to us all sticking up the middle finger to the football establishment at the end of the season, it's about time the league had a massive shake up.  We roll over for no-one, not even crooked referee's!

Regarding Vardy's sending off, the defender tugged at him before he went down. As such, this was the first offence and should have resulted in a penalty and a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. Had he not done this, Vardy would have probably got around him and had a shot on goal. Therefore, what happens after this incident, and whether or not Vardy dived (I think that there was contact that made him go to ground, although he made it slightly more theatrical than was needed), is irrelevant.

At worst, if he didn't see the tug and it wasn't a clear dive, he should have get let play go on without taking any action, and there would have been no complaints from anyone.

That was tough to watch. It's almost not fun anymore, I want it so badly.

Vardy's first yellow was wrong, their pen was wrong. Our pen was wrong. It was farcical and I left pretty deflated despite the late equaliser.

We are still 8 points clear though. Spurs win tomorrow and the pressure is really on, any other result and I think we will win comfortably. I believe in this team though whatever happens.

As usual, I'm going to focus on the momentum rather than the league position. I suspect the players will walk away from today's match with a sense of relief, having turned a bad situation into a not-entirely-terrible one. They'll be able to learn from this without being crushed or derailed by it.

How we respond against Swansea will be interesting, especially in the absence of Vardy. Time for Ranieri to show what he's capable of.

Hopefully this is our one and only blip in the remainder of the season. 

Somebody else used the word "random" to describe Moss and that's absolutely the right word.

Something would (or wouldn't) happen and he'd just blow his whistle and then seemingly point his arm in a direction that didn't seem to have any relation to the period of play that had preceded it.

Worst decision by far was not sending off Payet for his dive - an absolutely mind-bogglingly shit piece of refereeing.

Watching my recording of the game back. It seems to be so glossed over, both in the commentary and in the media after the game!

Blatant dive, looking for a free kick. Should have been off!

And shout out to Leo who was superb when he came on!

Watching my recording of the game back. It seems to be so glossed over, both in the commentary and in the media after the game!

Blatant dive, looking for a free kick. Should have been off!

And shout out to Leo who was superb when he came on!

Reid also did a second would but no red given

I feel as if I need to make the rest of my day overly productive, so as to make up for the frustration I felt all morning. 

Glad that we were able to secure a point; gutted about the way that it all went down. I feel bad for West Ham and for our own. Moss had far too big of an impact on the match, and I don't believe one could call it a fair contest for any participants for that reason. 

I heard that it was a very scrappy game.

One point, is better that zero points.

All we can hope for is for Spurs to lose at Stoke, or even a draw.

If they get a win, we are still in the driving seat. So our destiny is still in our hands.

Who will step into Vardy's boots for the next 2 games?

Archived