Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Guest CityFan 06

Despite the frustration, I'd have to say a draw was a fair result on the basis of play. Cresswell's 2nd was an excellent strike and the West Ham fans celebrated good and proper, probably the best goal celebration at the King Power I've seen in a long time to be honest.

Although we wanted to win, we've still grinded out another vital point in this amazing season and we're another step closer to the title.

Great passion from the players when Ulloa scored the pen in front of the Kop, you could really see what it meant to them, and us as fans of course. In fact, I'd go as far to say the bond between the players and fans is the best I've seen since supporting Leicester.

I thought Ulloa did very well when he came on, good hold up play, nice touches and his calmness to take the penalty deserves a lot of credit given what the situation was in the match, great peno. Vardy's goal was a superb finish, and it was wonderful work from Kante running through the middle of the park to lay it off for Vardy. We move on to the next game against Swansea and hope for a good result.

Leicester scored, referee Jonathan Moss equalised for West Ham. Then West Ham went ahead, and Moss pulled one back on Leicester’s behalf.

Fair summary - he was honestly so bad it's hard to claim he influenced the result rather than just spoiling what could have been a good game with random yellow cards and fouls for challenges regardless of whether they merited a free kick.

Just got back.  Ref was a disgrace.  Aside from the absolute clangers he was generally West Ham's 12th man.  I bet he didn't even bother getting changed afterwards, he probably grabbed his bag and ran!

Aside from that it was a great battling performance.  Back 5 were immense again although Kasper's distribution was not the best.  Morgan was an absolute rock.  Mahrez seemed a bit more lively today compared to the last couple of weeks but still someway off his best.  I have been something of a critic of Ulloa in the past but he didn't put a foot wrong today when he came on and his penalty under pressure at the end was sublime.

I thought Amartey looked pretty useful when he came on.

2 wins and 2 draws.  Come on!!!

Jon Moss was an absolute disgrace - we nearly got screwed by his incompetent refereeing display. I seriously hope he never refs a Leicester game ever again. In essence, it was 10 men against 12 men.

But despite all of that, we still came out with a point, which was what we deserved at the very least based on the balance of play. And the fact that we never gave up after Vardy got sent off really pleased me. Justice was truly served.

What kills me is the dishonesty and lack of integrity, not only from Moss but also people like Bilic. Saying that they "dominated" after we were down to 10 men and that we "didn't deserve a penalty", after their gift of Vardy being sent off and the gift of a penalty. Also, on the Spurs forum, they're saying that Vardy's red card and us dropping points is the same as Gerrard slipping against Chelsea??! Neglecting to mention that Liverpool lost that match and were only 2 points ahead of Chelsea and Man City, after they played their game in hand. To my knowledge, Spurs do not have a game in hand over us, and should they win tomorrow, will still be 5 points behind, Not 2!!!

Referee has had a shocker:

Second yellow for Vardy for diving less than 5 minutes later a dive from Payet no second yellow.

A penalty for Wes holding, a few minutes later Huth has arms around his neck holding him down- no penalty.

My opinion, it was a penalty on Vardy! He is clearly fouled.

There's an argument that we should have been 2-0 and them down to 10.

Inconsistent and frustrating.

This

Did anyone notice Payet go down the other end 5 minutes later (on a yellow card) and put the ball between two defenders... no contact... falls over... nothing doing. Vardy (whether he orchestrated it or not) HAD contact. Surely Payet's is more of a dive than his?

Thats whats really pissed me off today, refereeing is all about consistency, and the only thing you can say about Moss is that he was consistently clueless.

This

Great team effort to come away with a point after a shocker from the ref, the march goes on!!!

Imo, the ref has set it up perfectly second half the first yellow for Vardy was a nothing challenge but he knew he would get his chance so give him a second a some point, then pulling out morgan and huth and giving them a talking too then almost instantly after giving a pen for a challenge you see 20 times a game, by the end though he had to swing it and give us the pen the pressure got to him, that 4th official has never given us anything ethier... Loved the passion from kasper at the end he was fuming.

This had a fix and 2nd half at arsenal written all over it.

I don't blame the ref. Vardy was just plain bloody stupid, diving like he did, and deserved to be sent off. Wes Morgan was just as stupid in giving away a senseless penalty.

Their second goal came as a result of not clearing the ball quickly enough.

Thank God we salvaged a point, but will now have Vardy suspended, which will make things much tougher for us, especially if Spurs win at Stoke tomorrow night. That seven point cushion was a huge bonus, and reducing it to five points would be horrific, especially as Spurs have a far superior goal difference.

Let's just hope that we can pick ourselves up, for the next game, bearing in mind we have Man. Utd and Chelsea away. We will need to win one of those games I suspect, and I doubt it will be easy.

Come on City!

A shocking performance from the referee. There is no way that Vardy should have been sent off. The penalty for West Ham was dubious but thank goodness we got a penalty ourselves, ....eventually. Our team spirit is amazing. Some people thought it was all over but the likes of Schlupp and Ulloa thought differently. Ulloa was as cool as a cucumber to finish the penalty. Let's have a result tomorrow from Stoke and this will be remembered as a great point against a decent team that have beat Arsenal and Spurs this year.

Drinkwater seems to have gone a bit pooey since making his England debut. So many sloppy passes and seems off the pace. His shooting is also atrocious.

Yep - worried it was turning into another Newcastle performance. To his credit though he was excellent in the move that resulted in

the penalty.

Archived