Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

So this isn't missed - RIP glenelgfox.

Some of you will know me from my time in Brighton and regular trips to the City. But most will probably not know that I emigrated to Adelaide some time ago now. Today is a tough day as Tony and I became good friends and with the recent arrival of another ex-pat and his lovely family, the South Australia Leicester City Football Club Supporters Club was jokingly formed and named. It basically consisted of the 3 of us drinking, talking football b'llocks and watching the match whenever we could together.

But I just wanted to say that this thread is being seen over here in Glenelg and we will make sure that the family get to read it when they are ready. In the meantime, Rest In Peace big fella, your fight was truly inspirational and I'm gutted on so many levels.

Will update when I've taken this in properly.

Geoff.

Some of you will know me from my time in Brighton and regular trips to the City. But most will probably not know that I emigrated to Adelaide some time ago now. Today is a tough day as Tony and I became good friends and with the recent arrival of another ex-pat and his lovely family, the South Australia Leicester City Football Club Supporters Club was jokingly formed and named. It basically consisted of the 3 of us drinking, talking football b'llocks and watching the match whenever we could together.

But I just wanted to say that this thread is being seen over here in Glenelg and we will make sure that the family get to read it when they are ready. In the meantime, Rest In Peace big fella, your fight was truly inspirational and I'm gutted on so many levels.

Will update when I've taken this in properly.

Geoff.

Thank you very much for posting this, it is good to know that our feelings of sadness and respect will be known to Tony's family, it must have been a dreadful time for them. My deepest condolences.

He was clearly a brave man, and his passion for City shone through the pain and grief. I probably only read a few thousand words of his, but they certainly made a big impact. I think a few quiet minutes of personal reflection at the memorial garden are in order.

RIP Tony, a true fighting Fox.

I know this has been mentioned on the other thread so mods, merge as you see fit... I just know slot of fans were rooting for him and I didn't want the info missed in the Vardy saga...

Lost his battle today against cancer...

RIP mate.

:(

Thank you for highlighting this very sad news. 

I know this has been mentioned on the other thread so mods, merge as you see fit... I just know slot of fans were rooting for him and I didn't want the info missed in the Vardy saga...

Lost his battle today against cancer...

RIP mate.

:(

As far as I'm concerned, he's a winner! The way he fought cancer--and with such a positive outlook while staring death in the face--over the past year is nothing short of remarkable.

My condolences to Tony's family, Geoff, and everyone else out in Glenelg that must have been fantastically lucky to have known Tony.

I hope his family takes the time to read these posts.  Right now a few words from strangers on the other side of the world may mean little when a loved one has been lost, but I hope they help the healing process.

None of us knew him but he was part of the Leicester family.  I was impressed at the strength and dignity he displayed in extreme adversity.  I'm sure that he's touched many lives.  Thank you Tony.

You fought so bravely to try and keep going to the end of the season,

and always with a smile and true grit and determination it seemed,  

So sad to see you have lost your long fight,

a proud and true fellow fox,

As with many others on here, may you rest in peace now

Thoughts go to family and friends x x

I hope his family takes the time to read these posts.  Right now a few words from strangers on the other side of the world may mean little when a loved one has been lost, but I hope they help the healing process.

None of us knew him but he was part of the Leicester family.  I was impressed at the strength and dignity he displayed in extreme adversity.  I'm sure that he's touched many lives.  Thank you Tony.

I can't better Crinklyfox's comments.

I also hope that Tony's commitment to LCFC and involvement with Foxes Talk helped him over his final year, as it seemed to. Also, that this helped his family and friends in Australia to enjoy more quality time with him over the past year.

Hi guys, I'm one of Glenelg Foxes mates from South Australia. Today we had an unofficial wake for Tony at Prospect Oval in Adelaide between noon and 5 just drinking a few beers at the outside bar which is only open for games to celebrate Tony's life.

He was and amazing man and was a true leader amongst men, I was privileged to know him for almost 20 years but a few there today have known him a lot longer.

I would just like to thank you all for accepting him into the Fox family and helping give him strength. He was given about 4 months to live 15 months ago.

Besides his family and friends he lived for the North Adelaide Roosters in our local Aussie rules comp and the Mighty Foxes in the old dart.

The guy was like a super hero, he always led us, it's so devastating to us all. I'll post some pics when I get on my laptop of some of his exploits.

May I just add I'm so bloody torn, I've grown up a Spurs fan in Adelaide because of my old man who passed two months ago was a Spurs fan, I want both clubs to win the League but I'm glad it will be either Tony's team or my own (ironically I'm a Tony too).

The newspaper articles, club recognition and your interaction with Tony all helped him in his fight and I thank you all for that.

Please don't ban me for being a Spurs man at least until I can put some pics up of Tony, I would never troll here out of respect to him.

At this stage the funeral and wake will be next Tuesday but I'll keep you guys informed. Thanks again for helping a very special man fight the fight he did, we all in Australia appreciate it very much. xxxx

Hi guys, I'm one of Glenelg Foxes mates from South Australia. Today we had an unofficial wake for Tony at Prospect Oval in Adelaide between noon and 5 just drinking a few beers at the outside bar which is only open for games to celebrate Tony's life.

He was and amazing man and was a true leader amongst men, I was privileged to know him for almost 20 years but a few there today have known him a lot longer.

I would just like to thank you all for accepting him into the Fox family and helping give him strength. He was given about 4 months to live 15 months ago.

Besides his family and friends he lived for the North Adelaide Roosters in our local Aussie rules comp and the Mighty Foxes in the old dart.

The guy was like a super hero, he always led us, it's so devastating to us all. I'll post some pics when I get on my laptop of some of his exploits.

May I just add I'm so bloody torn, I've grown up a Spurs fan in Adelaide because of my old man who passed two months ago was a Spurs fan, I want both clubs to win the League but I'm glad it will be either Tony's team or my own (ironically I'm a Tony too).

The newspaper articles, club recognition and your interaction with Tony all helped him in his fight and I thank you all for that.

Please don't ban me for being a Spurs man at least until I can put some pics up of Tony, I would never troll here out of respect to him.

At this stage the funeral and wake will be next Tuesday but I'll keep you guys informed. Thanks again for helping a very special man fight the fight he did, we all in Australia appreciate it very much. xxxx

Lovely post Wedgie. Not sure if we've met, but I'll find you on Tuesday and have a pint.

Don't usually post anything even remotely serious on here, but like most I've been following Tony's story since it first came to light on here, and the timing of this is so ****ing cruel. Cancer's always devastating, but we were all holding out for the happy ending.

RIP buddy.

A proper Aussie battler finally lost the last battle.  :(  Thoughts with Donna and the kids. Maybe we will have a schooner or two in the next life.

Archived