Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

So this isn't missed - RIP glenelgfox.

A Bittersweet Symphony indeed. Tough to watch that...

I'd just like to thank Tom for his laudable reaction to Tony's story, the glasses raised was a brilliant touch.  :appl:

So glad Leo stuck away that penalty. 

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

by Dylan Thomas

A nice piece, Vardinio'sCat.

Just a little update as to the last few days in South Australia. It has been a highly emotional time. On Sunday evening I met with the other surviving member of the fun-named SALCFCSC at our usual bar and a few of Tony's friends who were starting to gather. Unexpectedly, Donna and daughter Hayley arrived for a brief stay and invited us two back to their home to watch the Swansea match. It was a passionate night and, for us, the only place to be. Incredible family.

I've already mentioned the private gathering we had for last drinks with Tony, so to the funeral on Tuesday. Over 500 people attended and there were some powerful eulogy's from friends representing the different areas of his life. None more so than an incredibly brave, mature and eloquent farewell to her father from Hayley.

I spoke representing the Leicester side and made sure that our thanks to the worldwide Leicester family who have shown such tremendous support for Tony and his family, especially those on this board, were heard. Then, back to his local on the Glenelg Marina esplanade for his wake where we met and mixed with his many friends, colleagues and family for a special night of memories and stories. By the end of the night, I had a much bigger picture of this astonishing man.

The City flag and The North Adelaide Roosters flag flew proudly either side of the permanent plaque erected in his honour. We have a few pictures of the night, but I will not be posting any until the family have seen them and ok'd it. I'm sure Donna will post here in one way or another, but this story is not quite finished yet. We all have everything crossed for those final 3 points to wrap up this most astonishing of seasons which has thrown up so many surprises, both good and bad, for all of us, so continue to post here if you wish until the final chapter is complete.

Special thanks to Tom and all involved in the moving tribute filmed by the ABC. Wonderful stuff.

Finally, there are some tentative plans involving the Memorial Garden when I visit next - I will be sure to let you know here, but we will have to wait until the raw emotions have settled before any further plans are developed.

Geoff.

That video hit me right in the heart. It's one thing--and it was a big thing--to read what Tony wrote about his battle, but it's another thing entirely to see even just a glimpse of what he, his family, and his friends had to go through. They truly epitomize the spirit of "Foxes Never Quit."

Shout out to Tom for rallying fans in the Motherland to support Tony.

I'll have a drink for our man Tony during the Man U game.

Morning Tony,

Well, today could be the day... Everything we've all hoped and dreamed of. I just wish you could be there to watch it with us but I know you'll be shining down on us from above and pushing the boys on to get the job done at Old Trafford.

They'll be another toast to you when we finally get over the line, be it today or another day. I just hope the boys are as fearless as you were in your fight, because then there will be nothing to worry about today.

Archived