Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

So this isn't missed - RIP glenelgfox.

RIP Tony, a true legend in my eyes.

Cancer is such a bitch of a disease, I lost my other half and my young children their mother recently.

I'm sure you will be singing along and cheering us on come Sunday! COYB

My thoughts are with your family and friends, may you Rest In Peace Tony.

What an inspirational guy, so glad you could stretch that 4 months to 15 months, and a great pity you were harvested before the season had fully panned out.

I've little doubt that you will find a way of being amongst us for the rest of the Season, and years to come.

Some of you will know me from my time in Brighton and regular trips to the City. But most will probably not know that I emigrated to Adelaide some time ago now. Today is a tough day as Tony and I became good friends and with the recent arrival of another ex-pat and his lovely family, the South Australia Leicester City Football Club Supporters Club was jokingly formed and named. It basically consisted of the 3 of us drinking, talking football b'llocks and watching the match whenever we could together.

But I just wanted to say that this thread is being seen over here in Glenelg and we will make sure that the family get to read it when they are ready. In the meantime, Rest In Peace big fella, your fight was truly inspirational and I'm gutted on so many levels.

Will update when I've taken this in properly.an

Geoff.

HI Geoff. Nice to read your post. Thanks for passing our thoughts and condolences to Tony's loved ones. You have lost a friend as have we. You must be in shock right now. Our best wishes go out to you and Tony's family.

RIP, Tony. An inspiring story, even if unfortunately it didn't end quite as we'd have hoped in spite of the inevitable outcome. :(

I hope the boys can finish the impossible dream for someone who couldn't quite see it all pan out. :cry:

Apologise in advance for the next paragraph if anyone thinks it's in bad taste:

Maybe I'm a bad person for thinking it, but I'm kind of angry that the last LCFC action he saw before he passed was John Moss ruining a match and plunging the club's title bid into question in the process. Reading the Mercury's article saying that the last things he said to his family were bemoaning the refereeing decisions really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :dry:

In my brief time on FT, I've not seen a better justification for its existence than Tony being able to share his passion from half way round the world. Its so easy to be cynical about the internet, but its role in enabling far flung foxes to share the love, in this special season, is such a blessing.

Marvellous article in the Mercury, historically I'm not the biggest fan, but that is really well handled. Filbert the kitten set me right off...

FANTASTIC piece in the Mercury.........

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-fan-battling-cancer-speaks-words/story-29137246-detail/story.html

LOVE the badge thats going to be on his coffin.

RIP Tony.

Don`t suppose we could have a collection on here, and have a flag made of his badge, as a legacy to Tony, and put it up at the back of the kop, in his honour?

Archived