Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

And if we lost to Everton how would you feel then about cheering on Spurs?

Ha,  ha, maybe I could have worded it better.

IF I could choose the results it would be draw with Man U, Spurs win and then we seal the title at home to Everton.

I said in the Spurs West Brom thread I didn't  care about that result, and I don't care about this one either, I only care about our games, I will not be cheering Spurs on and obviously I want us to beat Man United because I don't control the results and want us to win every game. If I was script writing this season though we would win the title at home to Everton. Although if I was script writing the season Spurs would have beaten West Brom, we would beat Man U, spurs would beat Chelsea and we would beat Everton to seal the title in the last minute with the returning Vardy scoring his hat-trick.

Chelsea are going to be so up for this game, it will mean so much more to the Chelsea fans than playing us on the last day if we are all honest, even more so if we are already the Champions at that point! There has never been any love lost between the two clubs and Chelsea fans will not care that we hold the crown for a year so long as the noisy neighbours dont'!

Additionally, with Pochettino already stating he'd rather be at PSG what message does that send to his rather expensively acquired group of individuals (who lets face it are only there for the big wage pay-days!). No, that team will not be the next incumbent managers choice and a large slice of them will be discarded quite quickly close season. The argentine has never looked happy in any appointment in England, so perhaps him pushing off will be the best option at the end of the season irrespective of where they stand as a club.

With the Jose situation the Chelsea players demonstrated who pulls the playing cords at the bridge and for them beating Spurs will be an opportunity to claim the all important bragging rights ..... No, it's Chelsea's game ... Spurs will push their buttons though!

Impossible to call......I was at WBA on Monday night and at the end I think the players and crowd knew that the title race was over. Poch will have a hard motivating job this week to get the players back up for this and Chelsea will desperately want to win, if nothing else, because of local rivalry, there's no love lost between the clubs regardless of league position. The only thing that would work in our favour is if you lose to United, but even then it's going to be a tough game, Chelsea are still a decent team and have a bit of form. We're probably marginally better if we play well at present and our away form is better than at home, but nothing is a given. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw.

Win at Old Trafford on Sunday Leicester please nothing else matters, my arteries won't take much more.

ha ha - absolutely . I really don't care how or when it comes about  - let's not get too precious, if the FA gave  Spurs a points deduction   for fielding more than their quota of ugly players I will be OK with it  -but I just want this thing  done as soon as possible and get my life back! lol

Additionally, with Pochettino already stating he'd rather be at PSG what message does that send to his rather expensively acquired group of individuals (who lets face it are only there for the big wage pay-days!). No, that team will not be the next incumbent managers choice and a large slice of them will be discarded quite quickly close season. The argentine has never looked happy in any appointment in England, so perhaps him pushing off will be the best option at the end of the season irrespective of where they stand as a club.

If a player is looking to go anywhere for a 'big wage day' they are not likely to go to Spurs. Can't see them losing any of their players this summer and they will definitely be contending again next season.

i would expect chelsea to really be up for this and hopefully their players like hazard and costa will give it a go to show how good they are and maybe put themselves in the shop window for a big european club. i'd love to see roman abromavich's face at chelsea when their players give the leicester city players and claudio ranieri a guard of honour,i bet it will really grind with him.

I am amazed that so many people I speak with predict an easy Chelsea win.  Tottenham are still a quality team, and Chelsea are pretty average.  Tottenham will be fired up to win it at all costs (unless we win at OT).  This is by no means a given, and I fully expect Spurs to turn up and give another quality performance.  It isn't just a one-way feud - Spurs hate Chelsea as well, so will be even more keen to win it, particularly with what might still be available to them.

Let's just win at United and then relax and watch their game, not giving 2 hoots about the result :scarf:

I think Spurs will be up for this regardless of our result on Sunday. They will still want to finish 2nd and above Arsenal. They lose on Monday and there's every chance they could slip to 3rd, even 4th.

See a draw here myself.

Impossible to call......I was at WBA on Monday night and at the end I think the players and crowd knew that the title race was over. Poch will have a hard motivating job this week to get the players back up for this and Chelsea will desperately want to win, if nothing else, because of local rivalry, there's no love lost between the clubs regardless of league position. The only thing that would work in our favour is if you lose to United, but even then it's going to be a tough game, Chelsea are still a decent team and have a bit of form. We're probably marginally better if we play well at present and our away form is better than at home, but nothing is a given. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw.

If i was in the Tottenham camp i certainly wouldn't believe all is lost.

I'd look at Leicester's fixtures:

Man Utd (a)

Everton (h)

Chelsea (a)

I'd then tell myself and all associated with the club that if Leicester don't beat Everton then there is every chance they won't get the 3pts necessary to win the title.

Win the last three games and Tottenham have a decent chance of winning the title. You would expect Spurs to beat Southampton (h) and Newcastle (a) but one almighty do or die effort away at Chelsea will put the cat right amongst the pigeons.

This is the game that will win us the title.

It's the biggest game left this season, much bigger than Manchester United vs Leicester.

If Tottenham win at Chelsea their title challenge is back on assuming we haven't won it already.

I'd take a loss at Man Utd now for this game to be a draw.

I have been amazed this week by how many people I've spoken to who are taking for granted that we will beat Everton. If results go wrong this weekend and we still need 3points this will be a vile game to endure. The theory Everton have nothing to play for can work both ways. Look at Stoke and Albion to back that up. The nerves and pressure will have reached levels we've never ever had to operate under. Just the thought of going to Chelsea needing something makes me feel sick. I can't handle another twist.

I want to win the title at Old Trafford but failing that I want us to win it at home. Don't really want to be watching a London derby on tv which confirms whether we are or are not Champions.

Spurs are in a siege mentality now, just as we were after West Ham. They MUST WIN to keep their hopes alive. I expect them to do that. We can't rely on them to drop any points.

"it has always been the opinion and judgment of wise men that nothing
can be so uncertain or unstable as fame or power not founded on its
own strength. "  - Machiavelli 

I want to win the title at Old Trafford but failing that I want us to win it at home. Don't really want to be watching a London derby on tv which confirms whether we are or are not Champions.

FFS just be happy to win it and not whinging about how or where it was won.

I hate how some people think this is just a formality and they start deciding how they want us to win it rather than just get over the line any way possible.

FFS just be happy to win it and not whinging about how or where it was won.

I hate how some people think this is just a formality and they start deciding how they want us to win it rather than just get over the line any way possible.

Couldn't agree more

It's the biggest game left this season, much bigger than Manchester United vs Leicester.

If Tottenham win at Chelsea their title challenge is back on assuming we haven't won it already.

I'd take a loss at Man Utd now for this game to be a draw.

That'd be great in some ways. Would mean we need just a point to do it. I'd back us to not lose at home to Everton.

I can't believe some people have the nerve to decide how they want us to win the title. It's exactly the sort of thing that will be rubbed in all of our faces if/when it goes tits up.

You might think it's only a matter of time, but if we lose and Spurs win on Monday, all of a sudden we're under a lot of pressure and it could slip through our fingers. Don't take it for granted that we've already won it.

Anyone would think we going for our 11th straight PL title. I think this season has made some of us spoilt brats. Just remember where we've been for the last decade.

It's never happened before, and it will likely never happen again. I'll be over the moon any which way it happens.

I hope it's done and dusted this weekend/Monday to relieve the stress.

I suspect our result will have an impact on Spurs'. If we lose then they know they're a win away from a scenario whereby they need to win two winnable games, and we need a big result from two highly tricky games. It doesn't mean they'll go on and win it, but it will affect their drive for the game. They will think that we have finally bottled it, and done so with just enough time to spare for them to take advantage. That's not to say we wouldn't pull ourselves together against Everton or Chelsea - we probably would - but depending on the nature of any loss at Old Trafford (if there are injuries, suspensions; if we're thrashed), it could place unbearable pressure on us, and give a great chance for Spurs to snatch the momentum.

A draw, on the other hand, and a credible one, would push the door ajar, but equally remind them that we don't look like a side which is going to fold. It would be even less a chink of light than the one they faced a few days ago. They may well get a result, but it will be without any genuine conviction that they'd turn it into a title win. They may go on to win the title, but that won't be the moment that they start to believe again, regardless of whether they say it is or not.

If we win, though, they'll go into that game with the same mind-set as they finished the last one. This time it really would be done and dusted. They'll fight for Europe, but it will be very tough for them to get a result. And I wouldn't really care.

One thing's for sure, though, if anything hinges on this game - and it's likely to - we'd be absolutely insane to want anything other than for Chelsea to come good. By all means look back and say 'wouldn't it have been great if...', but it's unwise to look forward with that mentality.

Archived