Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

Impossible to call......I was at WBA on Monday night and at the end I think the players and crowd knew that the title race was over. Poch will have a hard motivating job this week to get the players back up for this and Chelsea will desperately want to win, if nothing else, because of local rivalry, there's no love lost between the clubs regardless of league position. The only thing that would work in our favour is if you lose to United, but even then it's going to be a tough game, Chelsea are still a decent team and have a bit of form. We're probably marginally better if we play well at present and our away form is better than at home, but nothing is a given. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw.

You're right it is an advantage playing second now, either we win at Old Trafford and then this game doesn't matter, or we drop points which will then give Spurs a glimmer of hope.

I think the win against Swansea did it for Spurs, we were missing Vardy, we had just dropped points to West Ham, we were under pressure. As a fan I was bricking it all week, then on Sunday we just demolished Swansea and that was that.

You're right it is an advantage playing second now, either we win at Old Trafford and then this game doesn't matter, or we drop points which will then give Spurs a glimmer of hope.

I think the win against Swansea did it for Spurs, we were missing Vardy, we had just dropped points to West Ham, we were under pressure. As a fan I was bricking it all week, then on Sunday we just demolished Swansea and that was that.

You might be right...you certainly demolished Swansea..reminiscent of our win against Stoke, although I think if we had beaten WBA, it would have ramped the pressure up a bit more, especially with United away, which is probably the equal of Chelsea away in terms of difficulty. After WBA, it feels to me and I suspect the players like it's done and inevitable. I'm no professional footballer but I'm guessing that your players can almost just go for it now.

The only sliver of hope we have is that even teams like Barcelona can seemingly lose three on the trot...but I don't see that happening with Leicester. Enjoy the party on Sunday if it happens then....but I guess, given a choice, it would be even more special at home in front of your own fans.

I can't believe some people have the nerve to decide how they want us to win the title. It's exactly the sort of thing that will be rubbed in all of our faces if/when it goes tits up.

You might think it's only a matter of time, but if we lose and Spurs win on Monday, all of a sudden we're under a lot of pressure and it could slip through our fingers. Don't take it for granted that we've already won it.

Anyone would think we going for our 11th straight PL title. I think this season has made some of us spoilt brats. Just remember where we've been for the last decade.

It's never happened before, and it will likely never happen again. I'll be over the moon any which way it happens.

I hope it's done and dusted this weekend/Monday to relieve the stress.

When people say what they want they are expressing a preference, nobody is hoping we lose the game on Sunday so we can win it at home, but after winning the Championship whilst not playing we all think it would be better to win it by winning a game and winning it in front of our fans. That would be the best scenario if it could be guaranteed now but it can't and I don't have a magic wand. So the players should take it one game at a time, next up is United away and we will be going out to win it and I will be cheering them on.

That is the players, but we are fans and fans are just dreaming, dreaming of seeing their team win the Premier League at home in front 30,000 fans, having the winning goal scored right in front of them, nobody dreams of watching their team winning the title because of the result of another game. Don't game me wrong we will love it if it happens but we are allowed to dream, Claudio said so.

There are 9 permutations for this weekend's games.

LCFC W Spurs W

LCFC W Spurs D

LCFC W Spurs L

LCFC D Spurs W

LCFC D Spurs D

LCFC D Spurs L

LCFC L Spurs W

LCFC L Spurs D

LCFC L Spurs L

6 of them mean we win the title. And only 1 of them really helps Spurs. I expect it to be done and dusted by 10.00 pm Monday at the latest.

I am amazed that so many people I speak with predict an easy Chelsea win.  Tottenham are still a quality team, and Chelsea are pretty average.  Tottenham will be fired up to win it at all costs (unless we win at OT).  This is by no means a given, and I fully expect Spurs to turn up and give another quality performance.  It isn't just a one-way feud - Spurs hate Chelsea as well, so will be even more keen to win it, particularly with what might still be available to them.

Let's just win at United and then relax and watch their game, not giving 2 hoots about the result :scarf:

Agree. I hope we focus on Man Utd, get the 3 points and then put the bitterness and rivalry from Spurs behind us, regardless of whether they beat Chelsea, which they very well could.

If we win, I truly hope that Spurs will then just leave us alone to enjoy the moment, and allow us to separate ourselves from them and the rest.

That in itself would be a big relief, surely for them as much as us?! Let us enjoy what we've earnt and then they can focus their anger and spite into holding off the chasing pack.

I can't believe some people have the nerve to decide how they want us to win the title. It's exactly the sort of thing that will be rubbed in all of our faces if/when it goes tits up.

You might think it's only a matter of time, but if we lose and Spurs win on Monday, all of a sudden we're under a lot of pressure and it could slip through our fingers. Don't take it for granted that we've already won it.

Anyone would think we going for our 11th straight PL title. I think this season has made some of us spoilt brats. Just remember where we've been for the last decade.

It's never happened before, and it will likely never happen again. I'll be over the moon any which way it happens.

I hope it's done and dusted this weekend/Monday to relieve the stress.

"Nerve to decide" lol ... It's personal preference, that's all, chill out.

FFS just be happy to win it and not whinging about how or where it was won.

I hate how some people think this is just a formality and they start deciding how they want us to win it rather than just get over the line any way possible.

I'm sure everyone will be HAPPY, but at the same time be happier actually watching us win it

When people say what they want they are expressing a preference, nobody is hoping we lose the game on Sunday so we can win it at home, but after winning the Championship whilst not playing we all think it would be better to win it by winning a game and winning it in front of our fans. That would be the best scenario if it could be guaranteed now but it can't and I don't have a magic wand. So the players should take it one game at a time, next up is United away and we will be going out to win it and I will be cheering them on.

That is the players, but we are fans and fans are just dreaming, dreaming of seeing their team win the Premier League at home in front 30,000 fans, having the winning goal scored right in front of them, nobody dreams of watching their team winning the title because of the result of another game. Don't game me wrong we will love it if it happens but we are allowed to dream, Claudio said so.

Well, that's what it sounds like.

"Nerve to decide" lol ... It's personal preference, that's all, chill out.

Alright. It just doesn't sit well with me that people think we already have the trophy and it's only a question of when we're allowed to lift it. It's not out of the question that this attitude could rub off on the team and, with a couple of bad results on Sunday and Monday, the situation could be very different indeed.

I happen to think that we will finish the job off before the end of the season. We all know we have a great team who are on the verge of doing something utterly incredible, and I trust them to see it through. We're so close now that some people think it's a foregone conclusion. It isn't. If it does happen, this will almost certainly be the greatest footballing achievement in any living fan's life, so I am a bit worried about complacency slipping into the equation.

A lot of people think we're bound to win our last home game against Everton, but we might not. They've only lost 3 away from home all season. We could easily play well and not win - that's the nature of a low-scoring sport where goals are difficult to come by. Then what? We could be heading to Stamford Bridge needing a result. Then Newcastle v Spurs could be another Man CIty v QPR 2011/12.

I just think you sound spoilt rotten when you talk about how you want Leicester to win the PL. I don't know about you, but I was more certain about this club never being the best in the country in my lifetime than I was that I will die one day. And I mean that.

Let's not get carried away until it's done.

There are 9 permutations for this weekend's games.

LCFC W Spurs W

LCFC W Spurs D

LCFC W Spurs L

LCFC D Spurs W

LCFC D Spurs D

LCFC D Spurs L

LCFC L Spurs W

LCFC L Spurs D

LCFC L Spurs L

6 of them mean we win the title. And only 1 of them really helps Spurs. I expect it to be done and dusted by 10.00 pm Monday at the latest.

Two of them help Spurs.

If they win and we draw they'll be a lot nearer to winning the title than they are today,

Watched Willian being interviewed on SPN earlier about the Spuds game, he said Chelsea are desperate to stop them winning the league. I think the game will be too big for the Spuds!...

That's the third Chelsea player to come out with that, love it.  lol

I hope they're not all mouth and no trousers though. I won't be overly worried if we don't win tomorrow but I will be if Spurs beat Chelsea.

EVERYBODY,......BUT EVERYBODY,...keeps forgetting, evrry week every tense moment...

WHO..come on now WHO is it who gets us through, no matter what has been said and

by whom.Pundits, ex-players, even the doubting own wibbly-wobbly fans...

One big smackerooo for 2 untouchables..

>>>>># King Richard ( III) 3 attempts....29,62, 2016

>>>>># Don Claudio Ranieri. 3 top flight real attempts.

Its done dusted, no fear, just coldly fearless.

Now go and warm your baths, put the champagne or Vardys Vollies on ice.

Think of a good excuse for Monday, to tell your boss, because 35k+ others will

be thinking the same....why they cant go to work on Monday.. :)

Looks like Terry and Cahill are back for this one.. Think it'll be a great game to watch...

For the neutral!

Hopefully we can watch is as neutrals.  :thumbup:

Well not quite neutrals I'll still want Spurs to be smashed even if we win at Old Trafford. lol

As a Spurs fan who will be there I just want to win at the Bridge for the first time in 26 years. It will be an extremely tough game as always as Chelsea hate us. To be honest I'm not bothered if the title race is mathematically still open or not come the game - I just want to win at their ground for the sake of doing so.

As a Spurs fan who will be there I just want to win at the Bridge for the first time in 26 years. It will be an extremely tough game as always as Chelsea hate us. To be honest I'm not bothered if the title race is mathematically still open or not come the game - I just want to win at their ground for the sake of doing so.

Chelsea hate you... As do the rest of the PL.. I wonder why?

Archived