Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why did the MOTD commentator keep saying Giroud hadn't scored since January? Thought he got a hat trick against Villa at the end of last season.

Goals against amateur sides don't count.

Guest CityFan 06

Alongside Pochettino at Tottenham, I think Klopp at Liverpool could do really great things too. 

Superb point for Burnley yesterday, defensively and as a unit overall, they can be very resolute. Man Utd could've won it though with the chances. 

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Why did the MOTD commentator keep saying Giroud hadn't scored since January? Thought he got a hat trick against Villa at the end of last season.

he hadn't scored against Sunderland since January, not hadn't scored at all since January... which was a bizarre thing to say anyway since that Sunderland game was in December

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Tony Pulis

Maybe they should just get someone in to play more attractive football, lose every week and go down instead.

Theyre squad is wretched and frankly Pulis must be pound for pound one of the best managers in the league to do anything with them.

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

Maybe they should just get someone in to play more attractive football, lose every week and go down instead.

Theyre squad is wretched and frankly Pulis must be pound for pound one of the best managers in the league to do anything with them.

Not great to watch though which was my point

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Not great to watch though which was my point

How could you make that team better to watch? you couldnt.

Its like the old Stoke team he left behind. Have they got better individual players who are more technical? arguably yes when players like Shaqiri have one decent game in 5 against the likes of Hull.

Have Stoke gone to a new level post Pulis? No.

And that was with a team full of cloggers.

Im sure they could start passing the ball around if he wanted them to. And then the novelty of realising their players are all technically rubbish would wear off with the fans even quicker.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

How could you make that team better to watch? you couldnt.

Its like the old Stoke team he left behind. Have they got better individual players who are more technical? arguably yes when players like Shaqiri have one decent game in 5 against the likes of Hull.

Have Stoke gone to a new level post Pulis? No.

And that was with a team full of cloggers.

Im sure they could start passing the ball around if he wanted them to. And then the novelty of realising their players are all technically rubbish would wear off with the fans even quicker.

mate i'm not denying he's doing a decent job i'm just giving an opinion on why they're not selling out. I think Stoke have progressed slightly since Pulis left actually.

We're proof that you can play exciting football with limited players

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

mate i'm not denying he's doing a decent job i'm just giving an opinion on why they're not selling out. I think Stoke have progressed slightly since Pulis left actually.

When a team like Burnley play more attractive football than you do, I can see why no one really wants to spend their well earned cash on that garbage 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

We have some genuinely quality players.

We have a top attacking left back in Fuchs, we have a midfielder that England constantly overlook in Drinkwater, two Ballon Dor nominees, a near £30 mil striker in Slimani who has obvious quality and will score regularly with good service.

West Brom have paceless wingers, 36 year old centrebacks, Darren Fletcher in midfield who nearly died, its a miracle and a testiment to him he can still even enter a football pitch. One of their main talents cant be bothered to play and is now fat in Berahino.

What real progress have stoke made? I cant remember Pulis' stoke team taking 4-0 humpings too often, the current stoke team do. They finished mid table last season and had a decent league cup run. Other than that for the money spent theyve not really gone anywhere. This season theyre way down.

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

We have a top attacking left back in Fuchs, we have a midfielder that England constantly overlook in Drinkwater, two Ballon Dor nominees, a near £30 mil striker in Slimani who has obvious quality and will score regularly with good service.

West Brom have paceless wingers, 36 year old centrebacks, Darren Fletcher in midfield who nearly died, its a miracle and a testiment to him he can still even enter a football pitch. One of their main talents cant be bothered to play and is now fat in Berahino.

What real progress have stoke made? I cant remember Pulis' stoke team taking 4-0 humpings too often, the current stoke team do. They finished mid table last season and had a decent league cup run. Other than that for the money spent theyve not really gone anywhere. This season theyre way down.

But those are the type of players Pulis buys... that is the problem, he doesn't want pace or creativity, it is a sin to him if he sees a player try to take the ball around someone and run with it more than five yards or make a pass that isn't over 50 yards 

9 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yeah as the poster above said, he recruits those type of players. There doesn't seem to be any desire to be anything other than relegation battlers. If that's whats being asked of him then fair enough but you could understand low attendances at the Hawthornes.

As for Stoke they're no worse off an occasionally they play nice football. They won't go down but they get to watch players like Shaqiri, Arnautovic and Bojan who are hit and miss players but when they're on it they're at least entertaining.

I do understand your point but I'd rather see my club have a go than just do enough to survive. Luckily it seems our owners have more ambition than other clubs of our size

Archived