Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Liverpool's bubble burst. Now we are witnessing the same with Man U. They can throw as much money as they want at it, but they can't buy the aura of invinsibility they once had, when you just knew they would score injury time winners and you couldn't do anything about it! 

Mourinho isn't helping of course. I really thought being sacked from Chelsea would slap him out of this negative football and mindset, but seems to have gone even more that way, with having players like Rashford playing as an additional RB. Bizarre. Nice to see a change at the top though and other than Man City, I can't see any team dominating for a long time with every team having so much spending power and the gap between even the smaller teams becoming less. 

On a side note, I didn't know how I would react seeing Kante score, but I was genuinely happy for him and you can see how popular he already is there. It still stings as we really do miss him, but that's football and he played a huge part in our miracle season, so fair play to him I say.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Liverpool's bubble burst. Now we are witnessing the same with Man U. They can throw as much money as they want at it, but they can't buy the aura of invinsibility they once had, when you just knew they would score injury time winners and you couldn't do anything about it! 

Mourinho isn't helping of course. I really thought being sacked from Chelsea would slap him out of this negative football and mindset, but seems to have gone even more that way, with having players like Rashford playing as an additional RB. Bizarre. Nice to see a change at the top though and other than Man City, I can't see any team dominating for a long time with every team having so much spending power and the gap between even the smaller teams becoming less. 

On a side note, I didn't know how I would react seeing Kante score, but I was genuinely happy for him and you can see how popular he already is there. It still stings as we really do miss him, but that's football and he played a huge part in our miracle season, so fair play to him I say.

Nice posting, well played.

40 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yes, I think I've been through all the stages of grief over Kante, and finally arrived at Acceptance.

Regarding the dominance of the established teams and the money that's available, it's true that all the clubs have more money these days, but it's equally true that the top 4 or so will still have much more than anyone else, so I'm not sure the status quo will get disrupted as much as people think. In any case our achievement last season wasn't predicated on more money, it was just a remarkable achievement.

I would expect that the increased funds available will simply inflate the price of players and wages (as we've already seen) and a new equilibrium will be reached with the top clubs still getting the lions share and dominating. Still we can hope.

Pleased to see Adama Traore doing well at Boro, a sub appearance last time out and then absolutely starred against Arsenal.

Villa should be ashamed of themselves, what is it with them and not developing the talent they either have or sign?

That's Albrighton to us for Free and Traore sold for the same they paid... as well as countless others doing much better elsewhere now. 

I know Villa fans said there was attitude issues and injuries.. but for god sake i'd have attitude issues if a team that couldn't buy a win were letting me sit in the reserves instead of giving me a chance to play after i'd signed from sodding Barcelona!!

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I don't understand... He has a good holding man (Blind) but plays him left back while a good left back (Shaw) isn't in the squad despite travelling with the squad. Valencia is a good player - fast and direct - but isn't really a full back lets be honest. 

No, nor do I?

Having the resources that Mourinho has at his disposal, playing Blind at LB (when he has Shaw) and having Fellaini anywhere near the first team is baffling.

Even Zlatan...however brilliant he's been...why is there not a striker playing up alongside him? Someone with pace?

Hes not quick by any means and is totally isolated.

This Utd team should be miles better than this.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No, nor do I?

Having the resources that Mourinho has at his disposal, playing Blind at LB (when he has Shaw) and having Fellaini anywhere near the first team is baffling.

Even Zlatan...however brilliant he's been...why is there not a striker playing up alongside him? Someone with pace?

Hes not quick by any means and is totally isolated.

This Utd team should be miles better than this.

Zlatan doesn't do enough for me. Great finisher, mind, but reading the Utd forum and a lot of them are questioning that now. Apparently missed a lot of chances in recent games.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Did not want Manu to sack lvg as I knew we could finish above them again this season. But if Jose carries on like this he is going to make that task easier.

Growing up I never thought the Liverpool bubble would burst but it did. Now the Manu bubble is truly burst it's showing how hard it is to fix after long time success.

I'M hoping we go on a period of no domination now. Some of the big boys really need to learn it is not just about them....

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Arsenal's bubble burst too after Wenger leaves.

Liverpool seem to have been better lately and same as Spurs, but no reason some teams (Southampton, Everton, us,, and more) can't challenge for top 4 too.

23 hours ago, AjcW said:

Pleased to see Adama Traore doing well at Boro, a sub appearance last time out and then absolutely starred against Arsenal.

Villa should be ashamed of themselves, what is it with them and not developing the talent they either have or sign?

That's Albrighton to us for Free and Traore sold for the same they paid... as well as countless others doing much better elsewhere now. 

I know Villa fans said there was attitude issues and injuries.. but for god sake i'd have attitude issues if a team that couldn't buy a win were letting me sit in the reserves instead of giving me a chance to play after i'd signed from sodding Barcelona!!

The talk in Birmingham about Traore was that there was a clause in his contract what saw his salary absolutely sky rocket after so many appearances. Hard to believe normally but it is Villa. 

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Zlatan doesn't do enough for me. Great finisher, mind, but reading the Utd forum and a lot of them are questioning that now. Apparently missed a lot of chances in recent games.

Missed a sitter to make it 1-1 about 5 minutes after Pedro scored the other day. Would have been a completely different game because once they kicked off for the second time in 1 minute they actually looked dangerous.

On 24/10/2016 at 07:45, Col city fan said:

Are people STILL blaming Fergie for leaving Man Utd with an ageing squad! lol

Look at the managers/money they've been through since.

Said it at the start of the season. Mourinho has changed. And for Pogba to be playing like this is inexcusable. Pogba is a sensational footballer in the right team playing in the right way.

Mourinho has lost his joi De vivre. His mojo is missing.

I think Fergie does take a portion of the blame, I don't think they've have adopted the galactico model if Fergie had left them a solid foundation to be worked on. 

Feel sorry for Moyes in all of this.

Built a very decent reputation at Everton, settled in well there, and made a no-brainer in joining then one of the world's biggest clubs but has sadly declined to struggling at a poor club in Sunderland.

Not sure whether it's a coincidence in Man United and Moyes in both declining in recent times.

55 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think Fergie does take a portion of the blame, I don't think they've have adopted the galactico model if Fergie had left them a solid foundation to be worked on. 

So it's Fergie's fault that Pogba is looking a shadow of himself, that Washford is playing as a right midfielder and big Ibra is completely isolated up top?

Or that they paid a fortune to sign one of the most exciting young front men in Europe in Memphys Depay...who looks broken?

Or that Man Utd play in such a defensive way under Jose as they did under Van Gall? Or indeed, that they are CONTINUING to play Fellaini (one of the most over rated players ever to don a pair of football boots?

Who Ferguson didn't even sign....

Need I go on?

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Built a very decent reputation at Everton, settled in well there, and made a no-brainer in joining then one of the world's biggest clubs but has sadly declined to struggling at a poor club in Sunderland.

Not sure whether it's a coincidence in Man United and Moyes in both declining in recent times.

Sorry for him? Sorry for what becoming a poor manager? Sunderland are completely toilet when they were competent under Big Sam. 

On 24/10/2016 at 08:47, sylofox said:

Did not want Manu to sack lvg as I knew we could finish above them again this season. But if Jose carries on like this he is going to make that task easier.

Growing up I never thought the Liverpool bubble would burst but it did. Now the Manu bubble is truly burst it's showing how hard it is to fix after long time success.

I'M hoping we go on a period of no domination now. Some of the big boys really need to learn it is not just about them. We handed one lesson out last season let's hope somebody else can do it this season.

Our hands are a little tied at the moment as we have mission Europe. Here's hoping we can hand a few lessons out on foreign soil to.

Once the group stage is done we can resume project prem. Let's just piss the big boys off and nick a CL spot from them again.

Well said. LCFC should aim for a top four spot again. We are the Champions. We need to play and compete as Champions!!!:scarf:

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So it's Fergie's fault that Pogba is looking a shadow of himself, that Washford is playing as a right midfielder and big Ibra is completely isolated up top?

Or that they paid a fortune to sign one of the most exciting young front men in Europe in Memphys Depay...who looks broken?

Or that Man Utd play in such a defensive way under Jose as they did under Van Gall? Or indeed, that they are CONTINUING to play Fellaini (one of the most over rated players ever to don a pair of football boots?

Who Ferguson didn't even sign....

Need I go on?

No idea how you could possibly misunderstand my post, but you've somehow managed it. I'm not saying Fergie is to blame, but he does take a bit of the responsibility. I think Fergie seriously neglected his squad towards the end, not giving his successor much to work with which is why they've adapted this galactico model. The people to blame are the people in charge, think they've lost sight of how to be successful and are just trying all they can to remain marketable and relevant by splashing ridiculous amounts of money for players in some cases they don't even need and even managers, Mourinho clearly wasn't the right man but they've gone with him because he's a big name and marketable. 

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Moyes is so overrated, finally he's been found out. I mean people kept going on about how good he was, yeah did a decent job at Everton under a small budget but if you look around at other clubs that have spent the same amount or less they won something under there managers, even man with the brolly has got a league cup to his name.

57 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

Standard Italian practice I'm afraid.

Well I bet we aren't the EFL's favourite team!

As stated above unless the Premier league start to investigate not sure if we can get a points deduction applied to this season?

Still worrying how such a thing can happen - and doesn't help our reputation.

Doesn't say much for the FL its taken 2 years and a newspaper to find this out..

Mind you these are the people who let a guy with a proven reckon of being bankrupt and changed his name twice take us over (Bassini) !

19 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

As stated above unless the Premier league start to investigate not sure if we can get a points deduction applied to this season?

I don't think we're in their good books either due to some suspiciously high sponsorship deals made with companies who, upon further inspection, didn't appear to exist.

Oh well, worry about that when it all goes tits up in the Premier League!

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No idea how you could possibly misunderstand my post, but you've somehow managed it. I'm not saying Fergie is to blame, but he does take a bit of the responsibility. I think Fergie seriously neglected his squad towards the end, not giving his successor much to work with which is why they've adapted this galactico model. The people to blame are the people in charge, think they've lost sight of how to be successful and are just trying all they can to remain marketable and relevant by splashing ridiculous amounts of money for players in some cases they don't even need and even managers, Mourinho clearly wasn't the right man but they've gone with him because he's a big name and marketable. 

I haven't misunderstood it. I just think it's rubbish.

As far as I see it Utd have only signed one 'Galactico'...Pogba.

Schweinsteiger was over the hill when they got him, Ibra is 35 and signed on a free.

Who else? 

What they HAVE done is either signed the WRONG player (eg. Fellaini) or the RIGHT player who is playing nothing like how they can (eg. Martial)

It's all excuses and again shows just what an amazing manager Ferguson came to be.

44 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Doesn't say much for the FL its taken 2 years and a newspaper to find this out..

Mind you these are the people who let a guy with a proven reckon of being bankrupt and changed his name twice take us over (Bassini) !

Don't worry about your reputation you are Watford you don't have a reputation. lollollol

On 10/22/2016 at 23:06, Tuna said:

Dyche going on about money again on MOTD.

He was in cracking form on Five Live last night. Having spent three years getting adulation and praise lavished on him from the media, he now says that same media think he was a dinosaur whlist foreign managers get treated like geniuses for doing the same thing lol

I know the man is his own biggest fan but to make up a viewpoint to argue against to make himself seem even better is some going, you have to admire it.

Archived