Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People calling Pep a fraud still. How boring... Man City had 71% possession, 25 shots and 8 corners.... looked like they dominated.

Pleased for Middlesbrough, mind.

Are you a Spurs fan?

I watched the whole game, they "dominated" but other than the goal didn't really create any decent chance. Deserved draw for Middlesbrough.

3 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Are you a Spurs fan?

I watched the whole game, they "dominated" but other than the goal didn't really create any decent chance. Deserved draw for Middlesbrough.

Sound.

But you agree they dominated. 

Man City currently top of the league. But Pep is still a fraud? Okay.

2 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Imo, Guardiola is good but not the genius the media portrays to us. He still needs the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and Messi to achieve big things.

Agreed, I don't get the Pep thing. The Media rave about him.

Like Jose, they'll wait until the cut is open then start rubbing salt in the wound.

The Premiership is not like any other league in the world..............you have to be a GREAT Team to win it.

voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just now, Chico1958 said:

Like Jose, they'll wait until the cut is open then start rubbing salt in the wound.

The Premiership is not like any other league in the world..............you have to be a GREAT Team to win it.

Probably because he's won trophy after trophy? Including two Champions Leagues. Regardless of the side he managed at Barca, he's still got to win the competition.

I take it those who don't rate Pep don't rate Zidane either because he's taken over a good side?

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Sound.

But you agree they dominated. 

Man City currently top of the league. But Pep is still a fraud? Okay.

They dominated, but so what? Doesn't mean anything when they can't score more than the other team.

Man City the only team in the top 8 to have played. Chelsea will soon be top by the looks of it. Arsenal and Liverpool could go above them too. If Spurs sneak a win against Arsenal, then Man City will only be in the top 4 by 1 point.

2 minutes ago, FireFox said:

They dominated, but so what? Doesn't mean anything when they can't score more than the other team.

Man City the only team in the top 8 to have played. Chelsea will soon be top by the looks of it. Arsenal and Liverpool could go above them too. If Spurs sneak a win against Arsenal, then Man City will only be in the top 4 by 1 point.

Because if they are scraping wins or genuinely look poor I might get your arguments of this 'fraud' shite .

Just now, Fox92 said:

Because if they are scraping wins or genuinely look poor I might get your arguments of this 'fraud' shite .

Keep your hair on mate.

Everyone knows he's done some fantastic things in management. The 'fraud' thing is clearly hyperbole.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But that's the point. They look good, but if they don't get the results, something is clearly wrong. This isn't a case of them being unlucky. It's a case of Pep's style not being (super) effective in the Prem, even if it looks good.

It's half a joke calling him a fraud by the way. He is a good manager, but he's had it easy, but he's still gotten it done. And though I'd like to see him flop in the Prem, I doubt it will happen even if he is having a bit of a rough patch.

7 minutes ago, FireFox said:

But that's the point. They look good, but if they don't get the results, something is clearly wrong. This isn't a case of them being unlucky. It's a case of Pep's style not being (super) effective in the Prem, even if it looks good.

It's half a joke calling him a fraud by the way. He is a good manager, but he's had it easy, but he's still gotten it done. And though I'd like to see him flop in the Prem, I doubt it will happen even if he is having a bit of a rough patch.

He hasn't built a team up - so to speak - compared to Klopp, Wenger etc. But plenty of managers have inherited good sides and been labelled brilliant. Look at Mourinho 04-06 at Chelsea... Cech, Lampard, Cole (Joe Cole), Makelele, Terry etc were all signed by Ranieri. 

This is a really, really intriguing league this year. It's so hard to call anything.

I'm really surprised by Man City. They had most of their key players back today yet threw it away. I had a feeling they would as well. It's mental how often when you miss a sitter at 1-0 you go on to not win it.

At the minute it looks like Liverpool & Chelsea are the two best sides. Arsenal do look good but they've done this far too many times for me to take them too seriously as title contenders. They're not out of it by any means but they too often look great and then throw silly games away.

Sunderland winning as well has really thrown it up in the air towards the bottom. I think one of Swansea, Palace or West Brom could go this year.

Hardest season to call in ages. Really intriguing stuff.

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:
31 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Probably because he's won trophy after trophy? Including two Champions Leagues. Regardless of the side he managed at Barca, he's still got to win the competition.

I take it those who don't rate Pep don't rate Zidane either because he's taken over a good side?

This was done a bit tongue in cheek and I've underlined the Leicester bit I was referring to

As for Pep bit, he doesn't make the Top 10 Mangers but Jose does and as I said the Media are having a field day with him.

I haven't liked Man City since 1969 so it might not be Pep but the club he manages.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Imagine not being a fifa playing virgin and calling guardiola a fraud. Bloke's bloody brilliant for Christ's sake, may be a bell but he's a superb manager.

Along those lines, I saw a spectacular one earlier:

Where do you even start with that?

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Along those lines, I saw a spectacular one earlier:

Where do you even start with that?

Oh god! Can you find a tweet saying how shit The Beatles were too? I think Fox92 might have a breakdown lol

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hardest season to call in ages. Really intriguing stuff.

Thought that was going to be the case this season- I loved the fact that we won it last year so we could watch it all unfold with our feet up knowing we have that trophy in the cabinet.

Archived