Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

15 minutes ago, Goober said:

He left them as champions...

He did leave them with an aging defence though, which would have needed replacing, but it was Moyes choice to let Vidic leave when he'd already lost Evra and Rio. He could have done with the experience in the first year. It was also Moyes choice to barely add to the squad, and only sign Fellieni, and it was his choice to not improve the frontline which was much needed.

That being said, he should have been given time. Nobody is going to build their own team in a year or two. Nobody is going to build a legacy like Fergie in 18 months. Moyes should have been given more than 10 months, and Jose is going to need more than that too, especially follow LVG, if anyone left a mess, he did. Half a billion spent to get a massively unbalanced squad.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great goal by Kante.

Which yet again irks me how a stupidly low release clause allowed Kante to go for so 'cheap' compared for Pogba being signed for so much in the same summer.

Mahrez is worth more than Pogba, the blokes so overrated it's unbelievable, if I were a United fan i'd be so pissed off with the Pogba signing,

It might seem like that now but when we signed him The clause was around a 600% mark up of what we signed him for 

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

He isn't a Man U style manager really is he?

they need fast attacking style football which is easy on the eye not this utter garbage under cautious Jose

Not sure he is anything now. He believes to much of his own hype/bollox. Imo people and players are not buying into it now.

Early days but Pogba not currently being at the height of expectations for his fee.

Long range shots going straight to goalkeeper, normal passing and running about seemingly out of ideas in what to do.

Kante as many have said is improving, but had a couple of bad passes.

Chelsea will be right up there imo. Man Utd, who knows, but will probably be scrapping for 4th at most given this game.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

It might seem like that now but when we signed him The clause was around a 600% mark up of what we signed him for 

Also it is part of negotiating. It's not our choice what the fee is. Why do so many seem to think the low fee was Purely down to bad business by the club.

Maybe kante wouldn't have joined without the clause, and let's be honest if he insisted on a clause getting it at £32m was pretty good on our behalf when he cost less than £6m

Edit: actually the clause was lower than that wasn't it for CL clubs..

It riles me that we plucked him out of obscurity and he left the first chance he could, for a non CL team at that.

But then did he do right? Left at what could be the peak of his exposure with LCFC. For instance, will Vardy regret not leaving now..

10 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Not really. We're only 5 points behind this time round whilst playing at the CL (and doing fairly well, not to mention). Rather be a Leicester fan than a West Ham fan, looking at the table...

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Apparently he said "don't celebrate at 4-0, 1-0 ok but 4-0 is humiliation"

I hope Conte's reply was something along the lines of '**** that mate, I'm going to celebrate four times as much.' 

Are people STILL blaming Fergie for leaving Man Utd with an ageing squad! lol

Look at the managers/money they've been through since.

Said it at the start of the season. Mourinho has changed. And for Pogba to be playing like this is inexcusable. Pogba is a sensational footballer in the right team playing in the right way.

Mourinho has lost his joi De vivre. His mojo is missing.

Did not want Manu to sack lvg as I knew we could finish above them again this season. But if Jose carries on like this he is going to make that task easier.

Growing up I never thought the Liverpool bubble would burst but it did. Now the Manu bubble is truly burst it's showing how hard it is to fix after long time success.

I'M hoping we go on a period of no domination now. Some of the big boys really need to learn it is not just about them. We handed one lesson out last season let's hope somebody else can do it this season.

Our hands are a little tied at the moment as we have mission Europe. Here's hoping we can hand a few lessons out on foreign soil to.

Once the group stage is done we can resume project prem. Let's just piss the big boys off and nick a CL spot from them again.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Are people STILL blaming Fergie for leaving Man Utd with an ageing squad! lol

Look at the managers/money they've been through since.

Said it at the start of the season. Mourinho has changed. And for Pogba to be playing like this is inexcusable. Pogba is a sensational footballer in the right team playing in the right way.

Mourinho has lost his joi De vivre. His mojo is missing.

Did you really just say joie de vivre? I'm impressed...

Archived