Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'm not saying that we sign that pace fraud sterling, I'm saying Mahrez would be a better option than sterling in peps System 

Ah, my bad. But yeah, a mahrez just camping in the other team's side just waiting for the ball to go 1v1 is devastating. A fully fit riyad minus the defensive duties would skin any fullback on sight.

Pep's brilliant but he's not pragmatic and he's too stubborn to change. If he sorts the defense out then I reckon it's a toss up between them and Chelsea for the league.

I think Mourinho has come in for too much stick as well, they've been horrendous to watch but it's still better than LVG's side, they're probably going to get a champion's league place and win two trophies.

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

In the league Sterling's got 7 goals and 6 assists in 29 starts, pace fraud alright :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

That's a horrible return for a £50m winger in one of the most attacking sides in the league.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Man City are a small club and Pep is wasted there. Pep would have been better off at Liverpool or Arsenal. A big club with big fan base and a tradition of winning. 

Pep is probably standing on the sideline at the Manc derby and looking at all the empty seats and dead atmosphere wondering why on earth he took this job.

Pep is too big for Man City. 

I don't fancy Pep winning the PL.  With ManCity or any other team unless he takes the toughness and intensity of the league seriously.

Chelsea with Conté are in good position to hold the title next year and even the year after.

The Mou, Pogdab and MU will turn up eventually.

Tottenham, if they keep their players will play for the title next year again.

If Klopp sorts out his defensive problems, Liverpool are another serious contender.

5 hours ago, the fox said:

I rate raheem, but come on. For £50 million, he should've did better

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

That's a horrible return for a £50m winger in one of the most attacking sides in the league.

Yeah of course he should have performed better but it's not his fault he cost £50m. It's not amazing but he's obviously not a pace fraud either. It's easy to forget he's 22 as well, he's not a really young player anymore but he's still yet to hit his prime. The same thing has happened with Pogba, neither player has justified their transfer fee yet but over the course of their careers at Man City/United they'll probably be seen as good signings even if they're not yet. 

Of course you expect an already brilliant player for £50m or £80m but the already elite players aren't joining English clubs.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't fancy Pep winning the PL.  With ManCity or any other team unless he takes the toughness and intensity of the league seriously.

Chelsea with Conté are in good position to hold the title next year and even the year after.

The Mou, Pogdab and MU will turn up eventually.

Tottenham, if they keep their players will play for the title next year again.

If Klopp sorts out his defensive problems, Liverpool are another serious contender.

Tottenham are the only one I can't see out of those 5 challenging next year. They're an exciting team and have a very bright future particularly with the new stadium but I think they'll struggle at Wembley (and this year their home form was what propelled them in to a challenge). It will be every visiting team's cup final and they have all the pressure of failing at Wembley.

United are bound to sign well and challenge with Mourinho, Chelsea will be up there, Liverpool could be with a defence, Company for a season could really help City/Pep

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Yeah of course he should have performed better but it's not his fault he cost £50m. It's not amazing but he's obviously not a pace fraud either. It's easy to forget he's 22 as well, he's not a really young player anymore but he's still yet to hit his prime. The same thing has happened with Pogba, neither player has justified their transfer fee yet but over the course of their careers at Man City/United they'll probably be seen as good signings even if they're not yet. 

Of of course you expect an already brilliant player for £50m or £80m but the already elite players aren't joking English clubs.

I'd fully expect Gray to hit those figures if he gets 33 games.

6 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Of of course you expect an already brilliant player for £50m or £80m but the already elite players aren't joking English clubs.

Pogab can hide behind "new to league" excuse, but raheem is almost a veteran, he knows the league and he has quality players around him, its not like he is struggling of lack of service or anything.

If he can't hit double digits in this system, I don't know where he can.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I'd fully expect Gray to hit those figures if he gets 33 games.

Gray has 1 goal in 9 premier league starts and besides the admittedly belting goal at United hasn't looked like scoring much. However he has got 3 assists in that time though which is a great return.

Its hard to make a definitive judgement because he's started relatively few games but I think Gray's quite far off the standard of Sterling just yet.

23 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

sterling has 10 goals and 21 assists in all competitions this season.

Mahrez got 10 goals and 6 assists in all competitions, in a side that's been dog shit for 2/3 of the season.

Sterling plays in a team that creates gazillion chances every game and have 70% possession. His goal return should be a bit higher.  He's a good player though. I used to think he was a pace merchant only but he's better than that.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Ah, my bad. But yeah, a mahrez just camping in the other team's side just waiting for the ball to go 1v1 is devastating. A fully fit riyad minus the defensive duties would skin any fullback on sight.

Mahrez in a Man City side would skin full backs for fun and score a hatful of goals. He'd be a much better suit for Man City than Sterling. 

Mahrez has the same problem Ozil has. There's a perception Ozil is lazy with negative body language. But it's perception. Not reality.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mahrez in a Man City side would skin full backs for fun and score a hatful of goals. He'd be a much better suit for Man City than Sterling. 

Mahrez has the same problem Ozil has. There's a perception Ozil is lazy with negative body language. But it's perception. Not reality.

Exactly, ozil and riyad cover a lot of ground, they just lack the intensity and the will to dive into tackles, which apparently means they are lazy.

Beat Man U and West Ham.

Yes the 1-0 wins v Sunderland and Swansea plus winning at Arsenal saved us..

But then as Amartey says the bottom half has been so tight all the teams must have had their doubts.

We will need to be much better next season.

Archived