Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Pep saying in an interview that he'd have been sacked by Barca if he had the same season as he's just had with City. Strange thing to admit and not really sure what he's getting at? 

Also the Sunderland and West Brom double tonight is over 500/1 lol

57 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Arsehole wiper in todays sun moaning about teams taking it easy once they are safe. What the fvck has it got to do with him. Perhaps arsenil would do a whole lot better if he spent more time thinking about them.

Wenger blames everyone else, other managers, teams trying harder against them than other teams. at the end of the day he should shut up about other teams and what they do and analyse how he has managed the gunners. the failings at Arsenal are down to him and him alone and he should take responsibility for that

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Pep saying in an interview that he'd have been sacked by Barca if he had the same season as he's just had with City. Strange thing to admit and not really sure what he's getting at? 

Also the Sunderland and West Brom double tonight is over 500/1 lol

Perhaps  he realizes man city was the wrong team to come to england for. I also think he realizes he isnt good enough and getting sacked is easy way out lol.

Man city is no barca 

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Perhaps  he realizes man city was the wrong team to come to england for. I also think he realizes he isnt good enough and getting sacked is easy way out lol.

Man city is no barca 

Yeah that's how I read it. Almost as if he's saying 'Barca wouldn't accept mediocrity but Man City obviously do' 

Man City are a small club and Pep is wasted there. Pep would have been better off at Liverpool or Arsenal. A big club with big fan base and a tradition of winning. 

Pep is probably standing on the sideline at the Manc derby and looking at all the empty seats and dead atmosphere wondering why on earth he took this job.

Pep is too big for Man City. 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man City are a small club and Pep is wasted there. Pep would have been better off at Liverpool or Arsenal. A big club with big fan base and a tradition of winning. 

Pep is probably standing on the sideline at the Manc derby and looking at all the empty seats and dead atmosphere wondering why on earth he took this job.

Pep is too big for Man City. 

But ?????

"In my situation at a big club, I'm sacked. I'm out" 

what a weird thing to say. To openly state that the club you're at isn't a big club is odd. Especially when Man City have obviously spent a ton and had a long term plan to become a 'big club' challenging the elite and for every competition - Pep's appointment itself was a massive and long planned part of that, so it seems really odd for him to voluntarily concede that the club is small

PREMIER LEAGUE MERIT MONEY (and who can still finish where)

1. £38m (Chelsea)

2. £36.1m (Tottenham)

3. £34.2m (Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal)

4. £32.3m (Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal)

5. £30.4m (Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd)

6. £28.5m (Arsenal, Man Utd)

7. £26.6m (Everton)

8. £24.7m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester)

9. £22.8m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham)

10. £20.9m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham)

11. £19m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley)

12. £17.1m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley)

13. £15.2m (West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea)

14. £13.3 (Leicester, Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea)

15. £11.4m (Leicester, Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea)

16. £9.5m (Watford, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea)

17. £7.6m (Watford, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea)

18. £5.7m (Hull)

19. £3.8m (Middlesbrough, Sunderland)

20. £1.9m (Middlesbrough, Sunderland) 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4510388/Premier-League-money-table-no-dead-rubbers.html#ixzz4hEmcBl3w 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Potential £13m+ to play for.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't buy into the "Fraudiola" shit, he's clearly a brilliant manager, but I do think he's mentally weak - seems a bit toys out of the pram when he's not managing a flat track bully and it's getting to him a bit.

He's not a fraud but he's equally not the messiah many have claimed he is. City haven't been in contention for the title for ages which with their squad is a bit ridiculous really.

I think it will be interesting next year because he can build on this season but if they aren't there or thereabouts this time next year I think it just shows how good the teams he inherited at Bayern and Barca were.

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

He's not a fraud but he's equally not the messiah many have claimed he is. City haven't been in contention for the title for ages which with their squad is a bit ridiculous really.

I think it will be interesting next year because he can build on this season but if they aren't there or thereabouts this time next year I think it just shows how good the teams he inherited at Bayern and Barca were.

Whilst I agree to a certain extent - I do think it's a little lazy just to say he inherited a fantastic team at Barcelona. Rijkaard was terrific but Guardiola got them playing in a completely different way, sold some big stars and promoted youth players like Busquets, Pedro and Thiago.

I don't like the bloke, I think he comes across as a bit of a ****, but far too easily his achievements at Barcelona are belittled on the basis he had a decent side. They still need managing.

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

Man City spent years getting Pep to go there, even getting a few directors from Barca 

Not just directors, they've been trying to model the club from the ground up on Barça, youth set up et all.

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Whilst I agree to a certain extent - I do think it's a little lazy just to say he inherited a fantastic team at Barcelona. Rijkaard was terrific but Guardiola got them playing in a completely different way, sold some big stars and promoted youth players like Busquets, Pedro and Thiago.

I don't like the bloke, I think he comes across as a bit of a ****, but far too easily his achievements at Barcelona are belittled on the basis he had a decent side. They still need managing.

It was widely considered that Rijkaard needed to go, the club needed an enormous overhaul, the squad needed gutting and they needed a return to basics.

That squad had gone, the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco were considered disruptive, always out partying, they were more like galacticos than "mes que un club."

Pep came in and restored the culture of bringing Spanish / Catalan talent through La Masia and making Barcelona self sufficient again. He was the right man for the job and it's a job that needs doing again now which is why a lot of voices in Spanish football expect Barça to go for a lesser known former player instead of recruiting a big name gaffer.

But just as Pep was the right man for Barça, he kinda forgot that Barça was the right fit for him as well. It's like we've said about Vards, he's not just essential to us but we're essential to him. The style of the man suits the style of the team.

Pep had that at the Nou Camp, at Man City he's just another manager in charge of a club with money and no identity.

Man City would have been better served approaching someone like Ancelotti who is more malleable and has had success consistently working with big name players.

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was widely considered that Rijkaard needed to go, the club needed an enormous overhaul, the squad needed gutting and they needed a return to basics.

That squad had gone, the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco were considered disruptive, always out partying, they were more like galacticos than "mes que un club."

Pep came in and restored the culture of bringing Spanish / Catalan talent through La Masia and making Barcelona self sufficient again. He was the right man for the job and it's a job that needs doing again now which is why a lot of voices in Spanish football expect Barça to go for a lesser known former player instead of recruiting a big name gaffer.

But just as Pep was the right man for Barça, he kinda forgot that Barça was the right fit for him as well. It's like we've said about Vards, he's not just essential to us but we're essential to him. The style of the man suits the style of the team.

Pep had that at the Nou Camp, at Man City he's just another manager in charge of a club with money and no identity.

Man City would have been better served approaching someone like Ancelotti who is more malleable and has had success consistently working with big name players.

For me he's the best manager in the world.

Never needs time to sort things out and can adapt to the style of any side.

If I were Man City or Man United I'd have gone all out for him rather than Mourinho and Guardiola who need time to get their ideas sorted.

Still can't work out why United wanted Mourinho so desperately. He's the anti-United.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

C_87b0ZVwAAfyaA.jpg

Was it really a year ago today?

Was an excellent day, obviously for the city to remember.

The city will never have a more colourful and vibrant day than that, though.

Pep's system is based on creating as much 1 v 1 situations as possible, and sadly he doesn't have a messi or a robben (a skilled, cut inside winger that has enough pace to blow past people) to waltz away on the pitch destroying any defender in a 20 yards radius.

He has good dribblers, but not the kind that can pick the ball and just dribble past defenders with skill (you can argue that robben uses his pace a lot, but he isn't the same type of dribbler as raheem)

KDB and Silva don't have the pace, raheem is a speed dribbler and sane is impressive but most of his (dangerous) actions came from the left side(as far as I have seen)

I think pep's team would be a lot better with hazard type player in his side, a fast, technical winger that can cut inside, elite 1v1, can create and get you 20+ goals and assists a season. And I can't really think of a player that has those kind of attributes and is available in this league:ph34r:

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

Pep's system is based on creating as much 1 v 1 situations as possible, and sadly he doesn't have a messi or a robben (a skilled, cut inside winger that has enough pace to blow past people) to waltz away on the pitch destroying any defender in a 20 yards radius.

He has good dribblers, but not the kind that can pick the ball and just dribble past defenders with skill (you can argue that robben uses his pace a lot, but he isn't the same type of dribbler as raheem)

KDB and Silva don't have the pace, raheem is a speed dribbler and sane is impressive but most of his (dangerous) actions came from the left side(as far as I have seen)

I think pep's team would be a lot better with hazard type player in his side, a fast, technical winger that can cut inside, elite 1v1, can create and get you 20+ goals and assists a season. And I can't really think of a player that has those kind of attributes and is available in this league:ph34r:

Should swap Riyad for sterling, would be deadly 

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah that's how I read it. Almost as if he's saying 'Barca wouldn't accept mediocrity but Man City obviously do' 

He is taking the low ground (a position of weakness) on propos. He is trying to appeal to the man city fans by admitting (yes, the great genius pep) that he underperformed and to subtly send the message that this was an off year.

For me, he deserves some of the blame, just look at conte (and yes, I know the Chelsea squad is better), when he saw that his plans aren't working, he took it on the chin and was ready to change his ways and just Steamrolled the league.

For me, a 3-5-1/3-4-2-1 is the way forward, wingbacks gonna be the hottest commodity in the near future, and a fullback that can defend and attack (a LA rose and walker) gonna be worth their weight in gold.

The English league is sometimes too simple, and that's why they get smacked in the champions league. " playing checkers while they play chess" I guess. There are players having a career in this league because of their physical attributes/work rate. On the big boys table, that's a big no-no!

Archived