Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Heads went when the title race was over. Understandable with a young team who gave their everything. Other than bragging rights with the Gooners it doesn't really make much difference does it 2nd or 3rd and neither does it change my belief that we are going to dominate the top 4 for many years to come.

There is none so blind as those that will not see!

Heads went when the title race was over. Understandable with a young team who gave their everything. Other than bragging rights with the Gooners it doesn't really make much difference does it 2nd or 3rd and neither does it change my belief that we are going to dominate the top 4 for many years to come.

Just will never finish above Arsenal ...

Jamie Vardy 2014/2015 Appearences 36 goals 5

Harry Kane 2014/2015 Appearences 51 goals 31

So Vardy has one good season approaching the age of 30 and he's somehow better then a young fella who has knocked in a huge goals tally two seasons in a row.

Leicesters long ball over the top tactics suit Vardy to a tee, but don't expect any top club to be in for him any time soon.

What gives you the impression you're going to dominate the top 4 for years to come?

With Mourinho returning next season, Klopp having a summer to build his own squad and Chelsea's inevitable resurgence you'll struggle to make top 6 imo. 

Come back to the forums when Levy sells Kane in a year or two and Spurs have returned to their position of always being the bridesmaid, forever in the shadow of the top 4. Literally won nothing for the almost a decade and still have a big club mentality. 

We spent more days at the top of the league this year than you have since the PL began. 

So Vardy has one good season approaching the age of 30 and he's somehow better then a young fella who has knocked in a huge goals tally two seasons in a row.

Leicesters long ball over the top tactics suit Vardy to a tee, but don't expect any top club to be in for him any time soon.

Bleh bleh bleh.... when you win the PL come back okay

Kane is a great goal scorer but that's all he is. He is not a team player at all. He does nothing to help a team other than score the ball. Sometimes it's not just about scoring to help a team. Kane was proof of that yesterday.

I think you are far more likely to lose your top players than dominate the top 4. Alli and Kane likely leave within the next few years to a bigger club.

Disagree, We used to be Uniteds feeder club but have been better than them for at least two years.  Who else, Chelsea?  we wouldn't sell to them as they found out with Modric.

Kane is Tottenham through and through, has already said he wants to spend his career at the club.

Disagree, We used to be Uniteds feeder club but have been better than them for at least two years. Who else, Chelsea? we wouldn't sell to them as they found out with Modric.

Kane is Tottenham through and through, has already said he wants to spend his career at the club.

Money and success talk. If Spurs don't kick on from this season he likely leaves to a big club. I didn't say it had to be in England either.

IF Alli does become one of the best midfielders in the world he will go to barca, real, Bayern, man city.

What gives you the impression you're going to dominate the top 4 for years to come?

With Mourinho returning next season, Klopp having a summer to build his own squad and Chelsea's inevitable resurgence you'll struggle to make top 6 imo. 

Come back to the forums when Levy sells Kane in a year or two and Spurs have returned to their position of always being the bridesmaid, forever in the shadow of the top 4. Literally won nothing for the almost a decade and still have a big club mentality. 

We spent more days at the top of the league this year than you have since the PL began. 

It's always 'going to be next season' with Liverpool, they have finished above us once in about 7 years. Whilst no CL football may help them domestically they may miss out on some players that they need to improve their rather average squad because of not playing in the CL.

Chelsea and City will be rebuilding. Arsenal will be Arsenal.

Don't worry we won't.

But you should, top clubs will be coming in for Kane, Ali, Dier and you can expect Levy to sell when someone waves enough money in front of him, like he did with Bale and Modric and will continue to do as he values profit over success on the pitch. Probably on transfer deadline day to screw up another season for you.

It's always 'going to be next season' with Liverpool, they have finished above us once in about 7 years. Whilst no CL football may help them domestically they may miss out on some players that they need to improve their rather average squad because of not playing in the CL.

Chelsea and City will be rebuilding. Arsenal will be Arsenal.

So that's at least 1 team guaranteed to finish above you. 

Let's not discount the number of years Spurs have been playing Europa League football for now aswell and the negative effect that has had on the following results in the league. It's fair to say if we hadn't had EL distraction this season and hadn't taken the time it took us to settle at the start of the season we'd be Champions now.

Disagree, We used to be Uniteds feeder club but have been better than them for at least two years.  Who else, Chelsea?  we wouldn't sell to them as they found out with Modric.

2577C57D00000578-2944794-image-m-105_142

:whistle:

Spurs fan in peace here.

Kane is far better than Vardy, Kane is what 22 and valued at 50 million plus linked with some of Europe's very top clubs. What was Vardy doing at that age?

What has happened for Leicester this season has been incredible, a real unit. But no way are their players individually fantastic. It is a team made of players that were rejected by the bigger teams.

Drinkwater better than Alli or Dier ?behave, Dele Alli will go on to be one of Europe's top midfielders, and Dier is the best English player in that holding role.

Also finding the comments about the Spurs bias in the commentary, I can't recall any bias as strong as the Leicester Bias this season, with fellow managers and pro's even telling us all that they want Leicester to win the league.

I congratulate you for what you've achieved this season, really incredible. But you're all getting a little ahead of yourselves, I doubt you will come anywhere near us next season. Keep seeing our final points tally cited, but it's quite obvious that once the title was gone the players heads went and there was a strange lack of motivation for the final few games with CL football already assured.

Oh come on, I was attempting to defend Spurs, and Roy's attempt to keep the cohesion of best largely English team at the Euros.

But then you come as condescending as this. I have no idea how Leicester will fair against you guys next season. It depends on how hard we, as individuals and a team, work. And I'll be happy with survival and a half decent European run.

With your attitude, I wouldnt be surprised if you find yourselves as upset as this last season. Good luck!

(I'm a Spurs fan, but not looking for pedantic arguments - just looking at opinions)

Roy deserves more respect. He knows football, he knows the players, and a huge part of management is 'man management'. Making sure expectations and attitudes are where they should be can lead to anything being said to the media to influence what he wants. The abuse given to him here is awful and un deserved. He has had a great career and is not the current England manager by luck. The World Cup was poor and nobody had any expectations for a change - but the Euros will (for me) be his defining moment as England manager. We should all stick with him until after the tournament - then make judgements. Leicester are supposed to be such great supporters according to the media, but I just don't see it here. It like you wish him to fail so you can say 'I told you so'.

An awful lot of disgusting and offensive comments on this thread though - aren't Leicester fans supposed to be a little ray of sunshine?

Hodgson hasn't earned any respect whatsoever. He failed with his' free hit' at euro 2012 and world cup 2014 was by far the worst performance from and England team at a major tournament in living memory.

To understand why Leicester fans - and many pundits, alhough they are currently expressing it more subtly than we are - are so incredulous just imagine spurs had won the league at a canter like we did (I know it's hard, just try), imagine Leicester suffered a pathetic collapse where they got absolutely ripped to shreds by a relegated side and their English players lost their discipline so much half of them should have been done for assault, now imagine only Kane and Alli got selected in favour of the likes of Albrighton and Simpson, now imagine Kane gets shifted out wide to let Vardy play a central role, now imagine Alli gets dropped from the final squad in favour of Drinkwater, now imagine Kane gets a chance up front and proves a match winner, now imagine Roy drops him for the tournament to accommodate Rooney. If all these things happened, you'd be just as incredulous as everybody else. The man is a bafoon. He will be sacked, and I will enjoy it.

Spurs fan in peace here.

Kane is far better than Vardy, Kane is what 22 and valued at 50 million plus linked with some of Europe's very top clubs. What was Vardy doing at that age?

What has happened for Leicester this season has been incredible, a real unit. But no way are their players individually fantastic. It is a team made of players that were rejected by the bigger teams.

Drinkwater better than Alli or Dier ?behave, Dele Alli will go on to be one of Europe's top midfielders, and Dier is the best English player in that holding role.

Also finding the comments about the Spurs bias in the commentary, I can't recall any bias as strong as the Leicester Bias this season, with fellow managers and pro's even telling us all that they want Leicester to win the league.

I congratulate you for what you've achieved this season, really incredible. But you're all getting a little ahead of yourselves, I doubt you will come anywhere near us next season. Keep seeing our final points tally cited, but it's quite obvious that once the title was gone the players heads went and there was a strange lack of motivation for the final few games with CL football already assured.

Your boys showed their inexperience and lack of professionalism at the end of this season and they've a long way to go before they can be deemed world class. I know our squad has limitations but right now they have unbelievable confidence and know how of producing every ounce of ability they have and then some. Vardy and Drinkwater are in the form of their lives and you have to pick players playing well, we're in France for a maximum 7 games, this is not about the next 4-8 years so Dier going on to become on of Europe's best midfielders or Kane being this and that, if they aren't bang on it this summer then fcuk them off until they prove their worth again.

Kane technically is better than Vardy, but age doesn't matter. Vardy is a newcomer to the game just as much as Kane is and his pace and team play blows Kane out the water currently. When Kane is on song though he's a joy to watch and one of the best for sure but it doesn't matter one iota if he's not in form this summer, my concern is how much has the end of season woes at Spurs taken it out of him and Alli etc? Alli looked pretty poor yesterday compared with how menacing he was vs Germany and for large parts of last season, I hope he is just going through the motions in preparation for the Euros as this boy is absolute gold. I believe he could under the right coaching be a world beater, I hope so as England badly need one.

A damn good manager at international level would be utilizing the partnerships that have had so much success this season (Drinkwater/Vardy, Alli/Kane) but I'm not sure Hodgson will be that dynamic. I can accept that perhaps it's best to have Vardy as a super sub and maybe do so with Drinkwater, bringing both on to change games as there is nobody in the country who can play better counter attacking play than us when games are stretched. You only had to see the ball from Drinkwater to Vardy yesterday that they can change games in an instant. I'd rather they be used that way then dump Vardy on the wing and have Drinkwater playing in positions that don't suit him, as you say technically Leicester players might not be that gifted but if deployed in their comfortable roles then they will take bodies and do things that only Spurs and England can dream about.

Let's not discount the number of years Spurs have been playing Europa League football for now aswell and the negative effect that has had on the following results in the league. It's fair to say if we hadn't had EL distraction this season and hadn't taken the time it took us to settle at the start of the season we'd be Champions now.

I feel really sorry for you guys now man. I mean all them games you guys have played this season, the whole Spurs side must be knackered.

The likes of Kane, Alli, Dier, Walker, Rose ect, I feel for them bastards. More games coming up in the Euro's. Suppose we won't win the Euro's because there too tired to play more games.

I'm being sarcastic by the way. Maybe next season you might not bottle it aye?

Next season we start at a level playing field, both with European distraction and with your team no longer discared as being 'only little Leicester'. Though I can't see you lasting long in Europe unlike us, a team with a fantastic European pedigree,.

Next season we start at a level playing field, both with European distraction and with your team no longer discared as being 'only little Leicester'. Though I can't see you lasting long in Europe unlike us, a team with a fantastic European pedigree,.

Well you've continued the recent English trend of rolling over in Europe anyway.

Congratulations on winning the "could have been" trophy, you can put it next to the "best goal difference", "most attractive" and "better players" trophies. We'll console ourselves by crying into the premier league trophy.

Archived