Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Capello ooozed class, and had respect. I've always been embarrassed that Woy is our national boss. He just always talks shite and Is a pretty average manager. Should be Harry in charge now, I'd actually think big Sam would do a good job as national boss

Not certain Harry would be much better.

All us Leicester fans who are going Euros need to make up some anti-Hodgson and anti-English footballing establishment banners and that and all sit together and boo Hodgson and every England player apart from the Leicester ones

What really pisses me off as a leicester fan is the dismissive attitude to our players from roy and everyone else. We won the bloody league and our players are still seen as inferior for little reason.

Why is it assumed that Harry Kane who had a worse season than Vardy (goals + assists; Kane doesnt pass a football) is our main talisman and focal point? 
Why is everyone harping on about the need to incorporate the Alli and Kane partnership, but no one mentions the equally as potent and championship winning combination of Danny Drinkwater and Jamie Vardy?
Why is Danny Drinkwater behind Jordan Henderson in the pecking order for England, and even worse not recognised by anyone apart from a select few that he is a really good player?

What really pisses me off as a leicester fan is the dismissive attitude to our players from roy and everyone else. We won the bloody league and our players are still seen as inferior for little reason.

Why is it assumed that Harry Kane who had a worse season than Vardy (goals + assists; Kane doesnt pass a football) is our main talisman and focal point?

Why is everyone harping on about the need to incorporate the Alli and Kane partnership, but no one mentions the equally as potent and championship winning combination of Danny Drinkwater and Jamie Vardy?

Why is Danny Drinkwater behind Jordan Henderson in the pecking order for England, and even worse not recognised by anyone apart from a select few that he is a really good player?

And Albrighton doesn't even get a call up. Who can play RW, RWB, LW, and can fvcking hit a dead ball better than fvcking Kane.

Clever comments from Woy.

Jamie is a fighter, he's at his best when he believes he has to keep working hard to stay in the team. We, and Woy all know Vardy is starting at the Euros, he's simply keeping him on his toes and therefore at his best.

A few things from England v Turkey

1) Not surprisingly, England were much better with Vardy playing through the middle. Won  a penalty whether it was soft or not, scored a goal, actually looked like he could link up with Kane. Play him down the middle, or dont play him at all.

2) I think  Rooney does have a role with England, but a new role, pulling the strings from deep. He has the ability to read the game, and the range of passing to do this. I could honestly see him as an Iniesta type player, linking play around the half way line and dictating the tempo of games

3) Fitness concerns or not, Wilshere has always been massively overrated for me, id bin off Wilshere, Delph and Rashford, although Rashford looks a super talent

4) If we do play a 4-4-2 diamond, I could see two of our weakest players in Walker/Clyne and Rose being badly exposed, especially against top quality wide players like Bale

5) Delle All is needlessly nasty.  Its going to cost us big time

A few things from England v Turkey

1) Not surprisingly, England were much better with Vardy playing through the middle. Won a penalty whether it was soft or not, scored a goal, actually looked like he could link up with Kane. Play him down the middle, or dont play him at all.

2) I think Rooney does have a role with England, but a new role, pulling the strings from deep. He has the ability to read the game, and the range of passing to do this. I could honestly see him as an Iniesta type player, linking play around the half way line and dictating the tempo of games

3) Fitness concerns or not, Wilshere has always been massively overrated for me, id bin off Wilshere, Delph and Rashford, although Rashford looks a super talent

4) If we do play a 4-4-2 diamond, I could see two of our weakest players in Walker/Clyne and Rose being badly exposed, especially against top quality wide players like Bale

5) Delle All is needlessly nasty. Its going to cost us big time

1. I believe too. He is wasted on the wing. You can see he is uncomfortable, looks lost and can't cross as ball. You want impact and to play a player to his strengths so down the middle it has to be.

2. Rooney will play wherever Rooney wants to play. National team feels like a kids Sunday side. Kane takes everything, shoots from anywhere and is patted on the back about it - granted Beckham took everything going but he was best in the world at set pieces. If Rooney announced his had a go in goal in training, enjoyed it and thinks he can do a job there - he would go to euros as our number 1. I honestly can't see the benefit of him playing deeper, he isn't visually aware enough to play that position. Plus, why should a player like Drinky who's natural position is to play little deeper and ping balls across the park have to sacrifice his position because Wayne thinks he can give it a go this summer?

3. Wilshere and Delph don't deserve to be there. Fitness with Wilshere, you can tell his not 100% and won't be by time euros start and Delph for quality and fitness issues. I would have a right mind to take Rashford as a wild card - Unknown quality and has basically kept united in with a chance of Europe this year, let him experience a tournament and sacrifice either Sturridge (always an injury threat and hasn't done too much to warrant England space) or Rooney (terrible session and has slowed down Man Utd when played) - obviously I'm aware this is slim and he won't go. I'm guessing 3 cut will be Rashford, Drinky and Delph although I don't agree.

4. Diamond is the better formation for us attacking it's just a shame that no matter what formation we play we are terrible defensively. Would of liked to have seen Simpson given opportunity with the season he has had plus he is defensive minded whereas the others like to be up to opponents touch line

5. Ali has potential to be a world class play. Love little touches, great awareness but his flair needs to be controlled - his like a younger Rooney. The right manager will manage this better through career/games... Shame we have Woy in charge who has no management skills going

(I'm a Spurs fan, but not looking for pedantic arguments - just looking at opinions)

Drinkwater looked out of his depth tonight. Just do not think he has international class. The Premier League isn't very good at the moment, and perhaps Leicester fans will realise that if he comes up against the likes of Iniesta in the Champions League next season (what a game he had tonight). It's a shame to say it, but there is no English team that come close to the like of Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve. Drinkwater had an outstanding season in the league, but seemed like a rabbit in the headlights tonight. The next couple of games will be important for his potential England career, but think he struggled with the step up. He is comfortable and at home in his league winning team, and the 'unit' of Leicester is much more important that individual abilities. England have no unit - the players often don't like each other, the fans of certain clubs will hate certain players (I hate Wilshere, you all seem to hate Kane) and more individual quality is required to make the cut.

Vardy was exceptional. International games are slower, more tactical and harder to tear open individually, but Vardy has that quality. His pace and desire to run in the channels is fantastic to watch, and if he wasn't a racist I would love to see him in a Spurs shirt :P MOTM for me - was happy to go down for the pen, as is expected in professional football now days unfortunately. He should have taken then pen - but I generally think players that win it should take it unless they don't want to. I think he can have a strong impact wide in a 433 attack - I understand the desire for him to play in the middle, but Kane is just the most comfortable player in that role and agree that you can't base your tactics against 1 players strengths .. what if he got injured? No one else comes close to what Vardy offers.

Kane is praised for his frequent shooting, but as he did against Southampton - it can cost the team at times. The Kane Vardy partnership is working well. Personally I wanted Vardy - Kane - Sturridge to lead a 433 formation at the Euros, but with 1 injured I would go with 2 up top, and hope they can be remembered like previous partnerships such as Shearer Sherringham.

Rose motm was a bit silly, as I thought he made more mistakes than things he did well. For me Dier was motm. Wins so many headers, fills in for CBs at correct moments, can often start sharp passing attacks with the ball on the floor - but as he doesn't create glitter moments he is often overlooked. For me Dier is the most important player for any potential Euro success. He has made every step up in his career with ease, and perhaps what he does is taken a little for granted.

Alli is a dirty little so n so. Not sure how other fans see him, but to me he is clearly of world class potential - and carries traits of other such players like Roy Keane, Viera, Zidane or one of many others. Problem I see is him having a 'Rooney red card' moment and potentially costing us badly. Really needs to keep a lid on it, but think Pochetino is almost encouraging his dirty play - as can be expected in Argentina. Suppose he reminds me of Gazza - but worries me a bit.

Roy deserves more respect. He knows football, he knows the players, and a huge part of management is 'man management'. Making sure expectations and attitudes are where they should be can lead to anything being said to the media to influence what he wants. The abuse given to him here is awful and un deserved. He has had a great career and is not the current England manager by luck. The World Cup was poor and nobody had any expectations for a change - but the Euros will (for me) be his defining moment as England manager. We should all stick with him until after the tournament - then make judgements. Leicester are supposed to be such great supporters according to the media, but I just don't see it here. It like you wish him to fail so you can say 'I told you so'.

An awful lot of disgusting and offensive comments on this thread though - aren't Leicester fans supposed to be a little ray of sunshine?

Hahaha what absolute bollocks. How can a player who has been on the pitch for 15 minutes look out of his depth? Also he's hardly struggled with the step up after being man of the match on his international debut.

'Roy knows his football'. Yep this is a wind up, I've been had here.

I thought the forward passing from midfield improved considerably after Drinky came on - after the first goal it dried up a bit.  His problem, is that Dier is (and should) be in front of him to start.  Should be a good option on the bench, though?

Forward passing is definitely the big problem we have, though - we try and play it through the teams too much, which won't always work.  Without someone like Albrighton at least on the bench to bring on and change that, I think we'll have problems...  (TBH, though, we have too many players who are good in the centre atm, and not so many that are good on the wing, which is not where Vardy should be - and fitting square pegs into round holes is always asking for trouble! (Vardy on the wing - SMH.)

I'm at a loss how everyone thinks Dier is nailed on to go and play ahead of Drinky. What has he done to show he is the better player for Spurs or for England I just don't get it. Drinky is far more deserving of a place than Henderson,Wilshere,Delph and Dier. In fact Alli looks a liability at times and as likely to do something stupid and get sent off as something brilliant. If he doesn't make the cut after the season hes had then he never will get a proper chance under Woy. Unless he signs for Spurs maybe !

(I'm a Spurs fan, but not looking for pedantic arguments - just looking at opinions)

Drinkwater looked out of his depth tonight. Just do not think he has international class. The Premier League isn't very good at the moment, and perhaps Leicester fans will realise that if he comes up against the likes of Iniesta in the Champions League next season (what a game he had tonight). It's a shame to say it, but there is no English team that come close to the like of Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve. Drinkwater had an outstanding season in the league, but seemed like a rabbit in the headlights tonight. The next couple of games will be important for his potential England career, but think he struggled with the step up. He is comfortable and at home in his league winning team, and the 'unit' of Leicester is much more important that individual abilities. England have no unit - the players often don't like each other, the fans of certain clubs will hate certain players (I hate Wilshere, you all seem to hate Kane) and more individual quality is required to make the cut.

Vardy was exceptional. International games are slower, more tactical and harder to tear open individually, but Vardy has that quality. His pace and desire to run in the channels is fantastic to watch, and if he wasn't a racist I would love to see him in a Spurs shirt :P MOTM for me - was happy to go down for the pen, as is expected in professional football now days unfortunately. He should have taken then pen - but I generally think players that win it should take it unless they don't want to. I think he can have a strong impact wide in a 433 attack - I understand the desire for him to play in the middle, but Kane is just the most comfortable player in that role and agree that you can't base your tactics against 1 players strengths .. what if he got injured? No one else comes close to what Vardy offers.

Kane is praised for his frequent shooting, but as he did against Southampton - it can cost the team at times. The Kane Vardy partnership is working well. Personally I wanted Vardy - Kane - Sturridge to lead a 433 formation at the Euros, but with 1 injured I would go with 2 up top, and hope they can be remembered like previous partnerships such as Shearer Sherringham.

Rose motm was a bit silly, as I thought he made more mistakes than things he did well. For me Dier was motm. Wins so many headers, fills in for CBs at correct moments, can often start sharp passing attacks with the ball on the floor - but as he doesn't create glitter moments he is often overlooked. For me Dier is the most important player for any potential Euro success. He has made every step up in his career with ease, and perhaps what he does is taken a little for granted.

Alli is a dirty little so n so. Not sure how other fans see him, but to me he is clearly of world class potential - and carries traits of other such players like Roy Keane, Viera, Zidane or one of many others. Problem I see is him having a 'Rooney red card' moment and potentially costing us badly. Really needs to keep a lid on it, but think Pochetino is almost encouraging his dirty play - as can be expected in Argentina. Suppose he reminds me of Gazza - but worries me a bit.

Roy deserves more respect. He knows football, he knows the players, and a huge part of management is 'man management'. Making sure expectations and attitudes are where they should be can lead to anything being said to the media to influence what he wants. The abuse given to him here is awful and un deserved. He has had a great career and is not the current England manager by luck. The World Cup was poor and nobody had any expectations for a change - but the Euros will (for me) be his defining moment as England manager. We should all stick with him until after the tournament - then make judgements. Leicester are supposed to be such great supporters according to the media, but I just don't see it here. It like you wish him to fail so you can say 'I told you so'.

An awful lot of disgusting and offensive comments on this thread though - aren't Leicester fans supposed to be a little ray of sunshine?

Seriously you're a twat with so little knowledge of the game. Go relish your 3rd place finish behind Arsenal. Drinkwater was class and Alli sucked but you're blinded by stupidity so carry on. You won't find me on another fans forum but you must love the attention even when you spew crap for the response like mine. You're a moron.

I'm at a loss how everyone thinks Dier is nailed on to go and play ahead of Drinky.

Because Woy... :P

You're right, though, he should have been given a good go at the holding-midfield role - (we need it with our defence atm.) - but I think playing along side Kante hasn't helped Drinky, here - since it's N'Golo who gets all the attention defence-wise, which is what we need for England.  Drinky is certainly better going forward than Dier, but that isn't really the role England needs in that position?  If Drinky had been given a good opportunity to prove himself in that role - (though we all know he did a good job there in one game) - then, yes, he should be starting ahead of Dier - but I think it's a bit too late now :(

You're obviously a massive troll cos most of what you say is complete boll*cks. Personally, we should have more champions of England in the team than the amount of average bottle job spurs players

Drinky out of his depth? What are you smoking? He should be a nailed on starter after this season. His link up play with Vardy could potentially win us the tournament!!

The only reason you like Woy is because he picks all your average players (mason?) just cos they play for the almighty Tottenham.

Did you think Spurs looked abit out of their depth when they got hammered 5-1 by relegation fodder Newcastle?

Vardy should be our no1 striker, not only does he score goals he creates chances for others. Kane only cares about himself he is so greedy I think this may cost us versus quality opposition.

Spurs' contribution to the game= one offside goal, one missed penalty and played their part in a goal conceded. Rose played the ball in for Vardy, but that was matched with Alli's plentiful swearing at the ref and Harry Kane's greediness.

Get your fvcking head out of your arse "Mampi".

I also think Woy believes the hype about Dier. Yes he is a decent player as a screen in front of the defence but everyone talks as though as should be the first name on the teamsheet. I think it's because we have such a fragile defence. Kante is twice the player of Dier and I bet the France ain't twitching their left sac over a defensive midfielder as all the pundits / media seem to be over Dier.

Hahaha.. The Tottenham fans are just in a class of their own aren't they!?

What a bunch of deluded, up their own arses, blinkered, moronic tossers they are!

The team collapse with an embarrassing 70 points total after all the spaffing we had to put up with and shite such as we're coming for you, Kane's Lions etc etc and now we have to put up with FIVE of the bottlers being praised to death because they've made the England team...

Spuds fans.. All of you.. Please..

FOAD!!!

Team I would start with is 

Hart

Walker     Smalling     Cahill      Rose

Dier

Alli.                Drinkwater

Rooney

Vardy .           Kane

Archived