Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

To return to a bit of sanity in a thread where someone is saying 'Harry Kane is crap'....

For some reason I just can't get behind this England side. It's perplexing..We cruised through the group, we are now playing Jamie and Danny...yet I just can't get excited by them. I think it's Hodgson...I just can't warm to him. I can't stand how he looks, talks and how he insists on fielding Wilshere and Rooney (when available). Our build up play is too slow to REALLY utilise Vardy and I'm never sure what formation we are playing?

I hope this changes and I get excited by the forthcoming tournament. I think I will, I usually do when it's England in meaningful games. But I simply just don't like Hodgson. I think that's it.

I agree with every word of that, it seems baffling to me that he is in charge. Something really stinks about the FA and I couldn't give a toss about "us" at the Euros. Will enjoy the tournament and will back every individual Leicester player to do well for their countries but if England don't get out of the group stage I won't give a damn - there's a blatant agenda out to keep the celebrities in the squad happy even at the expense of the team reaching its potential. If a club was run like this the manager would be hounded out in no time

If Vardy doesn't go then they might aswell scrap the England strip and make the team wear Spurs tops. 

There is no suggestion whatsoever that Vardy won't go - of course he'll be in the squad. It's just whether or not he'll be in the starting 11 that's an issue. 

It's not a random name pulled out of a hat, it's supposed to be the player who has performed the best during the game, and none of the Spurs players played well apart from Dier and perhaps Walker who was vaguely decent.

He picked drinky last time as motm against Holland how do you explain that if he is so biassed towards spurs players?

There's a chance Roy isn't an idiot.

He knows Kane's better at 433. And he knows Vardy is better at 442. So he'll try to get the best of both worlds.

We may see this 443 then 442 if we're not winning format the whole tournament. I may just watch the second halves.

To return to a bit of sanity in a thread where someone is saying 'Harry Kane is crap'....

For some reason I just can't get behind this England side. It's perplexing..We cruised through the group, we are now playing Jamie and Danny...yet I just can't get excited by them. I think it's Hodgson...I just can't warm to him. I can't stand how he looks, talks and how he insists on fielding Wilshere and Rooney (when available). Our build up play is too slow to REALLY utilise Vardy and I'm never sure what formation we are playing?

I hope this changes and I get excited by the forthcoming tournament. I think I will, I usually do when it's England in meaningful games. But I simply just don't like Hodgson. I think that's it.

You and returning sanity to a thread is one hell of an oxymoron bud ;)

Poor Uncle Woy actuslly looked to see about incorporating Vards and Kane and it looked better, so he is prepared to adapt bless him!

Vardy did do dive. It was almost identical to the West Ham incident. Let's just be honest about that. If he does that in the Euros and wins the game for us I don't care.

The problem is that he's been held back on a run before, stayed on his feet and got no foul awarded in his favour.

He picked drinky last time as motm against Holland how do you explain that if he is so biassed towards spurs players?

Because Kane, Alli and Dier came on as subs from 70 mins onwards, Rose was hooked before the hour mark after giving the penalty away and Walker was part of a defence that conceded 2.

Vardy was our best player by miles in that but Hoddle was too bitter to give it to Vardy and risk Kane's #1 status, so the only logical thing he could do was give it to Drinkwater.

Woy is a bloody willy puller

http://talksport.com/football/roy-hodgson-insists-englands-team-wont-be-built-around-leicester-star-jamie-vardy

“And furthermore, I don’t intend at the moment, with respect and deference to lots of other players, to play a system which suits Jamie Vardy and only Jamie Vardy alone. It has to suit a lot of players.
Right thats why as soon as we switched to a formation which suited Vardy we looked better in attack, seeing as our attack is the only good thing in our team surely we should focus on getting the maximum out of it, like us at the start of the season. We knew we would concede goals but we had more then enough in attack to get the results needed.

Where was Kane playing 4 years ago? The Spurs youth system, so what, he'd have been happy to play in a 4-4-2 with the Premier League's 2nd top goal scorer.

Yeah.

Fancy having a manager who openly slates the player he's picked?

Couldn't write it. This is my country but if we go out at the group stage and Roy fvcks off, you know what, I might just take that right now..

Clive Tyldsley: 'So Glenn, which Tottenham player is your man of the match'.

Glenn: 'Can I pick more than one? OK, Danny Rose then'.

http://talksport.com/football/roy-hodgson-insists-englands-team-wont-be-built-around-leicester-star-jamie-vardy

“And furthermore, I don’t intend at the moment, with respect and deference to lots of other players, to play a system which suits Jamie Vardy and only Jamie Vardy alone. It has to suit a lot of players.

Right thats why as soon as we switched to a formation which suited Vardy we looked better in attack, seeing as our attack is the only good thing in our team surely we should focus on getting the maximum out of it, like us at the start of the season. We knew we would concede goals but we had more then enough in attack to get the results needed.

Is Woy saying only Jamie Vardy alone is comfortable playing 442, the most basic football formation. No wonder we don't ever look like winning anything with such limited players.

You and returning sanity to a thread is one hell of an oxymoron bud ;)

Poor Uncle Woy actuslly looked to see about incorporating Vards and Kane and it looked better, so he is prepared to adapt bless him!

Fook off with your oxymorons!

lol

I don't get all the slagging Kane off? We won the league and Spurs came third, they are both playing for our national side now. Kane is a great finisher, even if he collects an average of 10 fly's in his mouth per game. I thought when we had Vardy and Kane up front they looked good. I think Woy will definitely want Rooney in the team, and although I think he has been the emperors clothes for quite a few years now, the last couple of matches where he's played in midfield I think he's looked very good. I think Vardy and Kane would get some great service from Rooney tucked in behind. I hope Danny gets a start before the squad is shortened as I think he would be much more deserving than Henderson and Delph who have done fu*k all this season. Our defence looks cack and so we may have to out score the opposition? but with Kane and Vardy up front, we are more than capable. We need to play the same as Leicester and Spurs do week in week out..... with pace and be direct, unfortunately England always play so negative and slow...the European way :-( 

I don't get all the slagging Kane off? We won the league and Spurs came third, they are both playing for our national side now. Kane is a great finisher, 

Probably because a finisher is all he is - his all-round play is dreadful. Take that 5 man break at the end - Vardys going down the middle, quick ball and he's in behind. Kane holds on far too long, Vardy has to catch his run to avoid being offside, rocked back on to his heels, and then Kane releases it, giving Vardy very little chance of getting to it; a brilliant chance wasted because Kane is so poor at picking out those around him.

Is Woy saying only Jamie Vardy alone is comfortable playing 442, the most basic football formation. No wonder we don't ever look like winning anything with such limited players.

Thats what he is saying but imo he is wrong, looked alot better in the second half once we changes the formation and controlled the game more. People aren't saying use a formation to suit Vardy but put Vardy in his natural position.

If he is going to play on the wing at least play him on the right side so he can cross with his stronger foot. He isn't bad at shooting on his left but his crossing is poor (expected though as he isn't a damn winger)

Vardy did do dive. It was almost identical to the West Ham incident. Let's just be honest about that. If he does that in the Euros and wins the game for us I don't care.

As soon as the defender put his hand on Vardy's shoulder and pulls him back it's a foul, and a penalty. What happens after that is irrelevant.

When Simpson did exactly that at Arsenal he was penalised, and carded, twice.

Woy really is a tool.  Who belittles their own players?  He hates the fact he has no excuse not to play him.

If we play this possession based game, make no mistake, we will get battered.  Our back four is nowhere near good enough to play with full backs bombing forward.

Leicester have taught us this season that playing to your good players' strengths is a sensible thing to do.

So, lets get the back four tight and solid.  We know that Danny Rose is getting better at defending, Glenn Hoddle says so.  I mean, heaven forbid that we take a DEFENDER to an international tournament that is still LEARNING how to DEFEND, but there you go.  Give the back four some protection with the perfectly capable Dier or Drinkwater and then allow someone who can pick a pass (Rooney if you must) to release and use the pace of the likes of Vardy, Sterling, Townsend and hit teams on the break.

I don't buy into the whole "you can't play that way at international level" argument.  The same rules apply - to win, you need to score more goals than the opposition.  If we sit back, the opposition have to come forward or it will finish 0-0 every game.  Danny Mills was saying on the radio that Vardy isn't suited to international football as he likes to run in behind.  At that level, players will just sit off and deny him space.  Oh yeah, so easy!  Every millionaire international footballer in the Premier League sussed him out and completely nullified him.  Mills is another tool.

Woy is living off the 100% qualification campaign but never mentions the fact that Burnley could have made it out of that group.  Anything less than 100% would have been a failure.

I am a proud Leicester fan and seeing my team win the Premier League this season has shown me that nothing is impossible.  Except England winning the Euros with this squad and manager.

It's crazy, it's as if Roy doesn't realise not only is this his best weapon at his disposal, he brings out the better qualities in those around him including Kane.

It's so frustrating because we actually have a half decent squad that if put together right, could do something here - and if they did pull something off it would be inspite of Roy, not because of it.

Thought Drinkwater was a steadying influence and we passed the ball better after he came on. He put other colleagues to shame when he launched that superb long ball into Vardy's path. Showed how to play to Vardy's strengths.

Can't for the life of me understand why Henderson might be considered better than Drinky.

Think he did as well as he could have done given the low amount of time on the ball he had, think Woy will keep him in just in case he decides to play counter attacking football, his pass to Vardy for the Kane chance was sublime and what England misses alot of the time when attacking.

I think Drinkwater would show his worth if started with Vardy up front. He's fighting for spots though, against Wilshire (Woy's favourite), Henderson (his second fav), Alli, and Dier, and he's not going to be playing in the front position of the diamond.

Archived