Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

This Kane v Vardy debate is like a my dicks bigger than yours debate. Both score loads of goals and both score a variety of goals. Both work hard off the ball, with Vardy providing more for his team mates than Kane does, but they do play in different styles and different roles to an extent.

Both can lead the line by themselves and both can play with a partner.

Neither is really suited to a wide role although Vardy can certainly do a job with his pace and direct running.

Ideally England want these two up top together to get the most out of them. Almost 50 goals in the league between them says it all. But will Hodgson see it like that? Afraid I don't think he will.

You'd feel something like this would have the best chance of doing well.

Hart

Walker

Smalling

Cahill

Rose

Dier

Drinkwater

Alli

Rooney

Vardy

Kane

But Hodgson probably doesn't have the balls for it.

There's so many things to work on it's a joke, we're as bad as Arsenal in that still years down the line we're still no nearer to being a proper fluid team. I thought playing the ' Tottenham Way ' was the way to go and in the friendlies vs Germany and Holland there were signs of genuine quality in midfield and attack but then yesterday we were back to looking limited. I've said it before but Danny Welbeck is one of if not the most important player for England when we play 4-3-3 as he's a wide forward who can do everything you need from that position, something Vardy cannot do. Vardy might as well not be in the squad if he's only going to play out wide, I think his best role in this squad is coming on with 20 mins to go if we're chasing a goal or as a replacement to Kane for whatever reason. It's evident Kane is now top boy and to be honest I think he has a lot of quality even though he's greedy and way less of a team player/link up man that Vardy is.

Our problems are driven from a badly organised defence that is going to be exposed so much this summer if we play the Tottenham way of attacking full backs, as although Dier can drop in as the 3rd defender it seems there's no proper understanding between Cahill and Smalling/Stones and Hart doesn't seem to be governing things either. Our lack of width elsewhere up the pitch though means our full backs HAVE to get forward and at a cost of us seeming to be more vulnerable conceding than we are at scoring.

Our other problem is Tottenham ended the season horribly and the difference in performance from the Germany game to yesterday where the former Delle Alli, Eric Dier and Harry Kane looked unbelievable and then last night they looked to be struggling in confidence and swagger. It's a big concern as our only other weapons are Vardy and Drinkwater but it's clear that's being dismissed as a style of our play. It's as if both should just be happy to be included in any squads and not to get too big for their boots.

How many times have we seen England struggle to hold on to possession, we're not comfortable with the ball for long periods we are the perfect blend and breed of players to play fast counter attacking football but it's thrown out as dated and unplayable at international level. It's complete bull shit, why do all teams have to set up the same way to combat the other? Surely by finding a system not played by the majority actually gives you a better chance of unlocking the opposition.

I fear for us if Hodgson doesn't open his eyes and stop being stubborn. Based on the squad he's picked I'd be all over a 3-4-1-2 formation with attacking full backs but Dier actually picked as a centre half and not being allowed to move forward and split the lines as Cahill and Smalling together aren't yet tight enough.

Hart

Cahill

Dier

Smalling

Clyne

Drinkwater

Alli

Rose/Bertrand

Rooney

Vardy

Kane

Was going to suggest exactly this team & formation.

Sat watching the match I couldn't help thinking that Leicester would make mincemeat of one of Roy's teams.

Actually I think this whole idea about stepping up to international level is overblown. Sure, when playing against France or Germany, etc, but many international sides would probably struggle in the Premiere League. No reason why what works in the PL wouldn't work at international level, or wouldn't at least be worth a try.

Team I would start with is 

Hart

Walker     Smalling     Cahill      Rose

Dier

Alli.                Drinkwater

Rooney

Vardy .           Kane

It's a good team, but will get murdered by any team that plays with a bit of width. Drop Rooney and either Drinkwater or Dier and stick in a couple of decent wingers and we'd be in pretty good shape.

Daniel, I was like you once, a lost puppy trawling the online forums looking for love. I stumbled across the 'fighting cock' with about 10 games of last season to go, the Spurs fans were very negative about Leicester and how much better Spurs were.

This is when it happened... I decided to register and argue my point, nobody listened, I wondered why, my every comment descended into an argument. However, it was on that day I argued with a Spurs fans and the final comment from each of us was "the best team will win and deservedly so, good luck". I haven't visited the cock since.

I don't need to go back, I am at peace with my decision. We won the league by 10 points and Spurs finished 3rd. I have my closure.

So, I can see why you are on here. You want to discuss the England game with your champions. You want to prove your players are better even though they are nowhere near champion status. You are still roaming around wondering if Spurs will win anything, let alone the Most popular league on the planet.

I hope my story gives you hope and you find your closure. And maybe you too, will celebrate your success with a quarter of a million of like minded football fans and with a legendary rock band signing us off. However, unfortunately for you while Arsenal are still a football club and in the league that is quite unlikely. Good luck anyway, signing out,

"Bitter forum posters anonymous"

That was so good until you said Kasabian are legendary rock band :D

It's a good team, but will get murdered by any team that plays with a bit of width. Drop Rooney and either Drinkwater or Dier and stick in a couple of decent wingers and we'd be in pretty good shape.

Have Vardy and Kane starting positions relatively wide and so if the ball is on the left Vardy acts as an inside forward with full backs offering width and Kane goes in the box and vice versa if it's on the right. Also there is the benefit of getting the ball in behind for Vardy to run onto. 

Also this will create space in the middle for the likes of Rooney to exploit and create chances

See your point, but this is the only way we are going to get everyone in I reckon.

For someone who hits the target so much when he's shooting, it's surprising how often Kane' passing is bad.

Personally he had a bit of a ronaldo attitude about him, which I personally find a bit ugly and toxic. It's all about how many goals he gets.

Team first Harry. Pass the thing.

You having a giraffe? lol

Different types of players offering different positives

Both good

One plays for a huge globally recognised club who's players automatically get picked for England

The other one plays for the Champions

He has scored 49 goals in 81 games for Spurs. It's not an automatic selection, it's the correct and obvious selection. He scored 20+ this year, 20+ last year and he'll score 20+ next year.

People are so biased just because, for some reason, there's a strange attitude towards Kane on this forum. 

As for someone who said "Kane is only a goalscorer". What a ridiculous thing to say. Is that all Lineker was then?

He has scored 49 goals in 81 games for Spurs. It's not an automatic selection, it's the correct and obvious selection. He scored 20+ this year, 20+ last year and he'll score 20+ next year.

People are so biased just because, for some reason, there's a strange attitude towards Kane on this forum. 

As for someone who said "Kane is only a goalscorer". What a ridiculous thing to say. Is that all Lineker was then?

lol Yes. Lineker was the fox in the box.

lol Yes. Lineker was the fox in the box.

Exactly. So there's nothing wrong with Kane just being a goalscorer. Everyone needs them and a lot of forwards have unbelievably good goal scoring records.

Exactly. So there's nothing wrong with Kane just being a goalscorer. Everyone needs them and a lot of forwards have unbelievably good goal scoring records.

I never said there was - what I said is you can't really call Kane the more complete player or claim he has the better allround game compared to Vardy when he is just a goalscorer.

So Hodgson has said "Vardy should be pleased to get a game". What is that ****ing ***** problem? He never says this shit about his wankwomble Kane. He makes me so ****ing mad.

What was the question that was actually put to him for him to say this.

Vardy and Drinky did well today, made the penalty as well which in the euros will be vital. People saying that Vardy dived, he didn't he beat his man and 'initiated' contact, personally, I'm fine with this, he has done it for us all year to be fair, it's clever play, it's what the Europeans have been doing successfully for years. If you can't beat em join em, I hate all this 'honest' pride English attitude, honesty doesn't win you trophys. England need to be more clever and I can guarantee Vardy will win us at least 1 penalty this summer.

As for Drinkwater- he should definately start and as for Kane- I rate him as a good goalscorer but my God he is so selfish, don't think I've ever witnessed a more selfish player. Vardy should be leading the line for England this summer.

It's an absolute ****ing myth as well as we're more than happy to applaud a tackle that could injure the opposition. We need to stop being victim losers and start being ruthless winners.

Had a good skim through this thread. Do think the anti-Kane stuff is a bit OTT but definitely at the same time think he gets the easiest ride going. Once you're the golden boy you can literally do no wrong. See the analysis of the missed penalty where they are quite literally trying to turn missing the target from the spot into a positive. Get behind him but don't be so pathetically blinded and deluded in your backing that you're making us actually want him to fvck up every now and then you embarrassing morons.

I know Hoddle's got a Spurs link but he really is the most biased 'expert' I have ever heard in my life. It's almost puerile his level of bias.

As for the game - saw the first half properly and thought we were lucky to be level. Turkey looking more coherent and their goal actually being onside for starters. Some glimpses of positive play but generally what you get when you've got some quality individuals on there - yet no real flow throughout the side, as usual. We must be about the only side out of the 24 who don't have a clue what system we're going to play.

Didn't really see the second half too clearly, was on a small screen near me whilst I was out but couldn't really make out who was who. Noticed us have a lot more of the attacking play when Vardy was up front rather than out wide, it was almost like he was the top scorer for the champions or something.

Kane is a talent but selfish beyond belief. I get being ambitious every now and then but he hasn't got the same team ethic Vardy has. No-one can sit there and deny that.

Danny Mills is a typical FA representative - generally sucking up to the bigger clubs and trying to make a case for the shite we endure as if it's a good thing. England have stood still for far, far too long and it's not on. Mentality wise and attitude wise we are lightyears off being tournament winners. We repeat the same mistakes time and time again and that is a suicidal trait, and the main reason we'll win absolutely nothing in my lifetime.

One positive I should point out is that I really do rate Eric Dier. He's our holding midfielder for years to come. Stones didn't have a bad game either. The rest much of a muchness. Vardy struggling when out of position and excelling when in. Who knew.

Leicester winning the league is a bigger shock in the sense that we're an also-ran in the football world but at one point it clicked to me that Leicester are actually a very intelligent, progressive side with bollocks about them. Everything England aren't and why in hindsight it'd be far more surprising if England won the Euros.

Archived