Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Vardy and Drinky did well today, made the penalty as well which in the euros will be vital. People saying that Vardy dived, he didn't he beat his man and 'initiated' contact, personally, I'm fine with this, he has done it for us all year to be fair, it's clever play, it's what the Europeans have been doing successfully for years. If you can't beat em join em, I hate all this 'honest' pride English attitude, honesty doesn't win you trophys. England need to be more clever and I can guarantee Vardy will win us at least 1 penalty this summer.

As for Drinkwater- he should definately start and as for Kane- I rate him as a good goalscorer but my God he is so selfish, don't think I've ever witnessed a more selfish player. Vardy should be leading the line for England this summer.

Thought Drinkwater was a steadying influence and we passed the ball better after he came on. He put other colleagues to shame when he launched that superb long ball into Vardy's path. Showed how to play to Vardy's strengths.

Can't for the life of me understand why Henderson might be considered better than Drinky.

I thought they were decent alongside each other - didn't over complicate things, held positions and let others make the required movement.

Thought Drinkwater was a steadying influence and we passed the ball better after he came on. He put other colleagues to shame when he launched that superb long ball into Vardy's path. Showed how to play to Vardy's strengths.

Can't for the life of me understand why Henderson might be considered better than Drinky.

Because he plays for a big club

England will always fail with this mentality sadly

Roy's latest comments are absolutely disgraceful. Making out that Vardy should be grateful to play anywhere on the pitch is absolutely hilarious considering that he should be the grateful one for still having a job after the shower of shite he produced at the 2014 World Cup. And using the fact that Vardy was playing for Fleetwood 4 years ago as an excuse for not making him the 'main man' for England is even more outrageous when you consider that Kane was only playing for Millwall 4 years ago, it's not like Kane has been scoring goals for England for years before Vardy appeared on the scene.

The difference in England's performance from when Vardy was out wide to when Vardy was through the middle was truly incredible. His direct running caused problems and it led to him winning a penalty.

The FA employ 'yes' men like Roy who will put square pegs in round holes in order to accommodate the names that sell the most shirts, i.e. Rooney/ Wilshire. It's the reason that we haven't won anything for 50 years and it's the reason why we will fall out of Euro 2016 at the quarter final stage.

To return to a bit of sanity in a thread where someone is saying 'Harry Kane is crap'....

For some reason I just can't get behind this England side. It's perplexing..We cruised through the group, we are now playing Jamie and Danny...yet I just can't get excited by them. I think it's Hodgson...I just can't warm to him. I can't stand how he looks, talks and how he insists on fielding Wilshere and Rooney (when available). Our build up play is too slow to REALLY utilise Vardy and I'm never sure what formation we are playing?

I hope this changes and I get excited by the forthcoming tournament. I think I will, I usually do when it's England in meaningful games. But I simply just don't like Hodgson. I think that's it.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Roy is useless, but at least he does seem to be learning, there are new players in the team and Drinkwater and Vardy are getting game time, can't ask for more than that. Roy's problem is his speed, he is so ponderous and slow and that reflects in his tactics. And somehow, despite this ponderous nature, the line up and style of play is way to unsettled this close to the tournament.

Roy's latest comments are absolutely disgraceful. Making out that Vardy should be grateful to play anywhere on the pitch is absolutely hilarious considering that he should be the grateful one for still having a job after the shower of shite he produced at the 2014 World Cup. And using the fact that Vardy was playing for Fleetwood 4 years ago as an excuse for not making him the 'main man' for England is even more outrageous when you consider that Kane was only playing for Millwall 4 years ago, it's not like Kane has been scoring goals for England for years before Vardy appeared on the scene.

The difference in England's performance from when Vardy was out wide to when Vardy was through the middle was truly incredible. His direct running caused problems and it led to him winning a penalty.

The FA employ 'yes' men like Roy who will put square pegs in round holes in order to accommodate the names that sell the most shirts, i.e. Rooney/ Wilshire. It's the reason that we haven't won anything for 50 years and it's the reason why we will fall out of Euro 2016 at the quarter final stage.

Can't believe what I'm watching on ITV. Vardy is lucky to play? No England are lucky to have Vardy you pr*ck!! Woy is a joke how he even got the England. job I'll never know

Kane is Engalnds main striker according to Woy. Why is Kane not lucky to be starting?

It's crazy, it's as if Roy doesn't realise not only is this his best weapon at his disposal, he brings out the better qualities in those around him including Kane.

It's so frustrating because we actually have a half decent squad that if put together right, could do something here - and if they did pull something off it would be inspite of Roy, not because of it.

Imagine Ranieri in charge of this squad!

quite remarkable comments from hodgson tbf. not sure he necessarily means them in a degrading or derogatory way but jesus christ what a moron. sends out a ridiculous message but one we all know is true really. play as well or as badly as you like, unless you're in the england "clique" it doesn't matter. 

vardy has scored 24 goals and got a hatful of assists and been a driving force behind the most remarkable title win of all time. he's scored in 3 england games in a row despite being played out of position. what on earth does it matter than he was playing for fleetwood 4 years ago?! 

Vardy is effectively lucky to be playing because he was at Fleetwood?

Thanks Roy. Relevant, helpful and useful comment that is.

What absolute bollocks.

Play him in the middle ffs you twat. I actually for first time in a while get excited When England play with two up front with Vardy and Kane. Think we look really good.

Everyone wants 442 and no one wants Vardy on the wing. Roy almost does it just to be a tosser.

And what a **** Lee Dixon is about the penalty.

I would ****ing love it if say in a quarter or semi final Vardy won a pen like that. Imagine him then say 'oh well he went looking for it as their is minimal contact'

Too many people like him looking for nicey nicey perfect world football. Should be looking for us to win games at any cost.

That was a pen. And as said if that was Bale or a similar quick winger then everyone says he would go down due to running at such high pace.

We have absolute dog shit pundits we really do

Would rather have Gary Neville as boss for Euro 2016. Just hope Woy has a two-month illness.

Neville has genuinely praised Vardy and other 'surprise' additions in the past.

Woy is the reason confidence isn't high; he says the wrong things and tries to indirectly get players down.

I hate Roy Hodgson so much. I've never hated somebody I've never met as much as I hate Roy Hodgson. As if his abysmal managerial ability isn't bad enough, now we have to listen to him talk as if he commands Mourinho-like respect. You don't Roy. You're shit. Everybody knows you're shit. Literally nobody respects you. We're all just waiting for you to either get sacked or die, and we don't care which comes first, we'll celebrate either way because we just want our national team back.

Staggered by the ineptitude of Hodgson. Wilshire and Sterling looked exactly how you would expect them to be, off the pace and devoid of ideas, considering they have hardly played a full game this year. Henderson, same.

Playing Vardy out left is so diabolically stupid that I think we need to have Woy checked for Alzheimer's. If he had managed us this season we would have been fighting relegation .

Felt sorry for Vards until the last twenty minutes. If Woy does not "get it" now and play Jaime down the middle , I think I am renouncing my British citizenship.

I think Roy was probably trying to put Jamie's point of view across, rather than saying he is lucky to be playing. I'm sure if you did ask Jamie 4 years ago he would of said exactly what Roy said, and I doubt he is in the dressing room screaming at Roy to be played centrally.

The way Roy put it across could of been better tho, and his point around building a team rather than focusing on Vardy was probably right as well. None of it means he won't play Vardy centrally, he's just saying he wont build the team around him (foolishly!)

I hate Roy Hodgson so much. I've never hated somebody I've never met as much as I hate Roy Hodgson. As if his abysmal managerial ability isn't bad enough, now we have to listen to him talk as if he commands Mourinho-like respect. You don't Roy. You're shit. Everybody knows you're shit. Literally nobody respects you. We're all just waiting for you to either get sacked or die, and we don't care which comes first, we'll celebrate either way because we just want our national team back.

Capello ooozed class, and had respect. I've always been embarrassed that Woy is our national boss. He just always talks shite and Is a pretty average manager. Should be Harry in charge now, I'd actually think big Sam would do a good job as national boss

Last word from me on Hodgson.

Hope the papers etc pick up on what he said - he's no leader and is too self-centered for the job as he picks his favourites and not on current form. Quite a backward person.

Staggered by the ineptitude of Hodgson. Wilshire and Sterling looked exactly how you would expect them to be, off the pace and devoid of ideas, considering they have hardly played a full game this year. Henderson, same.

Playing Vardy out left is so diabolically stupid that I think we need to have Woy checked for Alzheimer's. If he had managed us this season we would have been fighting relegation .

Felt sorry for Vards until the last twenty minutes. If Woy does not "get it" now and play Jaime down the middle , I think I am renouncing my British citizenship.

As you say, it's not just about being in 'form' it is also about playing with confidence. It's obvious Sterling, Wilshere are low on confidence currently, I actually can't believe we only have 2 English players in the squad considering the high confidence levels currently.

Archived