Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Then I think you'll be fuming mate.

I have this horrid feeling that Drinkwater will miss out. Henderson will go I think.

And don't be surprised if Vardy doesn't start in the Euro's.

Woy seems to accept LCFC begrudgingly. Not for one minute do I think he'd choose our players over Spurs etc unless he absolutely had to.

I SO hope I'm wrong on this.

Roy looks genuinely annoyed every time Vardy scores!

Why do we have to play these stupid diamond formations as well? Use a 4-4-2 system with Kane and Vardy up front and build the best team you can in that formation around them. Hardly ****ing rocket science but Woy insists on making it difficult, trying to incorporate has beens into the team, it's ridiculous.

If he wasn't insistent on shoehorning Rooney in this would be an option, but the he's the only guaranteed starter :-(

I think we have got our best chance at a tournament since 2006. Our players have all been in great form. Vardy and Kane up front will have goals in them. Rooney behind them is perfect because he can pull the strings from there. Alli looked very good this season and either Drinky or Wilshere ( if fit) alongside them will dominate the midfield. Smalling and Cahill are a very good partnership too. Smalling is finally fulfilling his potential. The full backs however are a weak point and if we are going to play all these players, they become important for some width. This is the one area of concern for me, but with Luke Shaw available in future tournaments, it's looking good for England. 

All of this is irrelevant if Hodgson doesn't pick players on this basis and insists on picking the Delphs, Henderson, Townsend...etc who are not in form or not good enough. People have a go at Rooney who hasn't been in the best form this season but still had a major contribution to United, yet he has proved for England how critical he is. These are the players we should be looking to drop. 

Why'd he call up Vardy last summer then when even most of us on here laughed off the prospect as being too soon? Woy has all number of problems - his refusal to drop a few favourites regardless of performance and refusal to adapt his system to utilise what's available to him (like still sticking with the 4-2-3-1 when you don't really have any genuine wingers anywhere near the national side), but hating having to call up Vardy? Not seeing that.

Where did I use the word 'hate'?

I used the word 'begrudging'.....because I believe Hodgson would always rather play the 'big name' players whenever he can. Vardy has been SO good that he's almost compelled to include him. But as I said earlier, I won't be surprised, come the tournament, if Vardy doesn't start but is used as an 'impact sub'. and I'll be surprised if Drinkwater goes to France at all.

As I also said, I so hope I'm wrong on this. We have some realty good young players for this tournament this time and I so hope Woy doesn't fook it up by getting his system and his selections wrong.

I'm afraid I've got bad memories of the infamous 4-4-diamond, when it was used to terrible effect under Sven. Week after week after week we were shouting out from the stand..."where's the bloody width"? I think we had King at the tip of the diamond and was it Abi at the base? Horrible system.

I don't know if it had been mentioned as I haven't read the thread for over a week but Ian Wright had written a peice in the sun championing Drinkwaters inclusion in the final cut for the Euros.

Also, Sky Sports today stated that Dier was only 5th in tackes for a cm and Drinkwater was ahead of him in the Premiership season.

This will be a massive choice for Roy, his CM choices can go on names who haven't set the premiership alight. Or form and playing the best football which Drinkwater is currently doing.

I'm hoping Roy picks the latter.

So Delph, Rashford and Townsend could be the excluded names?

I'd love it if Danny gets to go

You've got to remember Danny was only at Manchester United 4 years ago, he must be pinching himself at the prospect of being on the plane to the euros

England are dogshit. Our defense is a laughing stock, we'll get ripped apart at the Euros, so basically, none of this matters anyway. Same old England, loads of hype before the tournament, day after we get dumped out the media will be crying "where did it all go wrong" zzzzzzz

It boils down to the fact the FA is a bunch of old farts who spent most of the match asleep. This is why we're so far behind the rest, I think we've got the players but not the coaches to coach them or the right people at the FA helping them. The FA only go for yes men. 

Delph been ruled out! One down two to go. Another will be either Sturridge or Rashford - looking more like Sturridge with him not training. Leaves Townsend, Drinks or Wilshere/Henderson. The latter two I'm sure will be going bar any knocks/recurring injuries. So possibly down to how well Drinks and Townsend perform tomorrow - regardless Drinks has the edge with his appearances in the last few games. I'm almost certain he wont be cut now.

Danny put in a man of the match appearance in his first England game, that wouldn't have done him any harm at all.

Plus playing week in week out in a title winning Midfield must count for something.

Delphs injury adds more weight behind his inclusion.

I would drop Rashford, not that he had looked good in his short Man U career so far, but it could be too early for him.

in 2 years time at the World Cup, he could be some player having shown early signs of having great potential.

And drop one of Sturridge or Wilshire.

Cant have too many injury prone players within the squad

Hendo and Sterling are still not played much football recently.

We need fully 100% match fit players we cant carry anyone.

Why do we have to play these stupid diamond formations as well? Use a 4-4-2 system with Kane and Vardy up front and build the best team you can in that formation around them. Hardly ****ing rocket science but Woy insists on making it difficult, trying to incorporate has beens into the team, it's ridiculous.

Agreed. There's absolutely nothing wrong with 442 as we've proved all season long.

It's the most effective formation going. These diamonds and other variations are just a load of fashionable fancy bollox. Since whenever football has been contested by 11 players on each side on a pitch of a particular size (give or take a few feet) To think that 442 is no longer effective or there are better formations available is just clap trap. Obviously you sometimes alter according to who you're playing- 352 or whatever. But I'll never buy into this 'number 10' role or holding midfielder.

44 facking 2 please!

Agreed. There's absolutely nothing wrong with 442 as we've proved all season long.

It's the most effective formation going. These diamonds and other variations are just a load of fashionable fancy bollox. Since whenever football has been contested by 11 players on each side on a pitch of a particular size (give or take a few feet) To think that 442 is no longer effective or there are better formations available is just clap trap. Obviously you sometimes alter according to who you're playing- 352 or whatever. But I'll never buy into this 'number 10' role or holding midfielder.

44 facking 2 please!

Other than Marc Albrighton and Demarai Gray, who would you have on the wing in a conventional 4-4-2 then? Because Sterling and Townsend won't cut the mustard.

Other than Marc Albrighton and Demarai Gray, who would you have on the wing in a conventional 4-4-2 then? Because Sterling and Townsend won't cut the mustard.

They could well do though. They'd be my wingers out of the 26. I'm not a massive fan of Lallana his career seems to have stalled since signing for Liverpool despite folk saying he's had a good second half of the season.

Hodgsons formations never work, we saw that against Germany and Turkey (til he went to a 442 style) and against any other half decent side we play.

I honestly think I could do a better job than him lol

It's a good thing that my tickets are behind the goals not the dugouts next month (For Woy's sake)

Archived