Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Congratulations on winning the "could have been" trophy, you can put it next to the "best goal difference", "most attractive" and "better players" trophies. We'll console ourselves by crying into the premier league trophy.

Babs can't we ban these invaders?

It is a Leicester City forum after all

This I take issue with. Kane is not going to leave. We will be in around the top again next season while the others attempt to rebuild. I imagine Leicester will remain up there too.

City have a new manager who will spend. It's no way to instant success as those players need time to gel and adapt.

Chelsea have a new manager with an aging squad. Who knows what that poisonous dressing room will do with a new man.

United, they are a mish mash and Mourinho style is no different to LVG. Huge improvements needed.

Arsenal are Arsenal. If they sign a striker they should win the league. It's all about mentality for them.

Liverpool will be better and no Europe gives them a free run. I can see them contending next season.

The only two clubs who don't need much is Spurs and Leicester so no reason why, with careful additions to our squads, we can't be head to head again next season.

To be fair, I agree.

Spurs will be under pressure though, with a new stadium. Historically they sell their best players, will they have to balance the books? Kane is good enough and seems like a good enough character to be the future England captain for some time. If Spurs don't get a top 4 finish next season, or the season after how long does he wait? That's why I think he'll leave whether it's abroad or to a United or Man City I can see him going.

Best starting 11 when fully fit I should have said. Our heads went when the title was over but I seriously feel positive about this side.

I'm not saying that Vardy and Drinkwater shouldn't be near the side, but reading this thread yesterday alot of comments were about how 'shit' Kane and Alli are. Laughable really.

Our heads went but really we should have still had more focus than we did in the last few games.

To be fair the whole England team was shit anyway. Kane is far too greedy lately for my liking.

but it's quite obvious that once the title was gone the players heads went and there was a strange lack of motivation for the final few games with CL football already assured.

They are meant to be professional!

Other than bragging rights with the Gooners it doesn't really make much difference does it 2nd or 3rd and neither does it change my belief that we are going to dominate the top 4 for many years to come.

Bullsh*t...You were buzzing about finishing higher than Arsenal

Sadly, both clubs are still just one or two injuries away from finishing nowhere near the top 4. Neither have the depth to cover an Alli / Kane or Mahrez / Vardy loss for any extended period of time. The summer is a big time for both clubs to try and add those three or four players to add to the depth of quality.

Yep this is unfortunately true. But both have done well in the last couple of windows so no reason why we both can't again.

Back to England, I hope Hodgson sees sense and plays players based on form rather than reputation but sadly I can't see it.

but it's quite obvious that once the title was gone the players heads went and there was a strange lack of motivation for the final few games with CL football already assured.

They are meant to be professional!

Other than bragging rights with the Gooners it doesn't really make much difference does it 2nd or 3rd and neither does it change my belief that we are going to dominate the top 4 for many years to come.

Bullsh*t...You were buzzing about finishing higher than Arsenal

No question I was buzzing to be above them lot.

However on the last day I did laugh at the situation. Possibly the Spursiest spurs situation I've ever seen. Spursier than Chelsea beating Bayern to knock us out of CL. Only we could finish 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Honestly Arsenal could finish 19th and we would end up 20th. Haha

These Spurs fans are getting some nibbles. So I'll join in.

Imagine being the best team in the league, coming 3rd and being beaten and thrashed twice by a shit and already relegated Newcastle. Our starting 11 that won the league by ten points and lost only three times cost less than Lamela.

Where the numbers are concerned, though, Vardy’s strong: Harry Kane may have edged him in the Golden Boot stakes, but the younger hitman also attempted far more efforts than his international colleague (158 to Vardy’s 115). Vardy essentially converted one in five of his chances to Kane’s one every six, but he also chipped in with six assists to Kane’s solitary one.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zones-premier-league-team-season-201516#rbqpmKEtZkhfXPld.99

Last night was a perfect summary of this season, Kane (spurs) looks promising, but when the time comes for him to step up and score the winner, he bottles it. 

Meanwhile Vardy crops up and twats the winner off the keepers face. Magical 

No question I was buzzing to be above them lot.

However on the last day I did laugh at the situation. Possibly the Spursiest spurs situation I've ever seen. Spursier than Chelsea beating Bayern to knock us out of CL. Only we could finish 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Honestly Arsenal could finish 19th and we would end up 20th. Haha

We were a true parody of ourselves on the final day this season. After the initial anger all you can do is laugh.

Ranks above Lasagnagate, Fulops performance against Arsenal, Chelea v Bayern. Even leading 10 man City 3-0 at half time only to lose 4-3.

Best starting 11 when fully fit I should have said. Our heads went when the title was over but I seriously feel positive about this side.

I'm not saying that Vardy and Drinkwater shouldn't be near the side, but reading this thread yesterday alot of comments were about how 'shit' Kane and Alli are. Laughable really.

Even when you had your full team fit you were still behind us  lol  lol  lol

I think some people might be surprised by how much getting ripped apart over and over again by a relegated side down to ten men will affect spurs next season. Like we benefitted from a strong finish, spurs will also suffer from a finish that can only be described as pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top-6 to possibly as low as 11th or 12th. They had their one shot at finishing above arsenal and bottled it. They were never serious contenders for the title. Can see a fractured dressing room with the ego's they've got in there too. Bottom half seriously isn't out of the question for them.

I think some people might be surprised by how much getting ripped apart over and over again by a relegated side down to ten men will affect spurs next season. Like we benefitted from a strong finish, spurs will also suffer from a finish that can only be described as pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top-6 to possibly as low as 11th or 12th. They had their one shot at finishing above arsenal and bottled it. They were never serious contenders for the title. Can see a fractured dressing room with the ego's they've got in there too. Bottom half seriously isn't out of the question for them.

Obvious fisherman is obvious ;-)

Spurs fan in peace here.

Kane is far better than Vardy.

Have a word - his age means he'll probably go further than Vardy but as goalscorers they're on a similar level in terms of strike rate, while vardy actually has an allround game.

Domestic

League

Cup European Doubles 1960–61: Football League First Division and FA Cup

Daniel, I was like you once, a lost puppy trawling the online forums looking for love. I stumbled across the 'fighting cock' with about 10 games of last season to go, the Spurs fans were very negative about Leicester and how much better Spurs were.

This is when it happened... I decided to register and argue my point, nobody listened, I wondered why, my every comment descended into an argument. However, it was on that day I argued with a Spurs fans and the final comment from each of us was "the best team will win and deservedly so, good luck". I haven't visited the cock since.

I don't need to go back, I am at peace with my decision. We won the league by 10 points and Spurs finished 3rd. I have my closure.

So, I can see why you are on here. You want to discuss the England game with your champions. You want to prove your players are better even though they are nowhere near champion status. You are still roaming around wondering if Spurs will win anything, let alone the Most popular league on the planet.

I hope my story gives you hope and you find your closure. And maybe you too, will celebrate your success with a quarter of a million of like minded football fans and with a legendary rock band signing us off. However, unfortunately for you while Arsenal are still a football club and in the league that is quite unlikely. Good luck anyway, signing out,

"Bitter forum posters anonymous"

Not really, I've prefered the 3 Cup wins in my life time to finishing 3rd though I would say this is the best team I've seen and believe we will only get better.

Big club, best squad in England, new big stadium on the way.

best squad in England when your second choice striker is Clinton njie?

Kane is better than Vardy for me but that's not the point. The point is, we've got two brilliant in form forwards that have both scored 20+ goals in the top flight and defensive-minded Hodgson, as expected, puts Vardy out wide. What, just because he's fast? His best position is in the centre forward role so play him there alongside Kane, it's not difficult.... Hodgson has made it hard for himself by not picking any good consistent wingers so we're at a stage where any fast player (ie Vardy) will be forced to play wide. We'll end up playing one up front with five in midfield. So pointless. 

I think some people might be surprised by how much getting ripped apart over and over again by a relegated side down to ten men will affect spurs next season.

It could help them mentally, like how the play off loss at Watford did for our young players.

I was all for the 442 diamond but it didn't really work yesterday, although we did get the winner and the penalty. Need certain type of midfielders, particurlaly ones who can offer some width when required.

I can see why Roy wants to play Vardy on the left, but it restricts him.

Daniel, I was like you once, a lost puppy trawling the online forums looking for love. I stumbled across the 'fighting cock' with about 10 games of last season to go, the Spurs fans were very negative about Leicester and how much better Spurs were.

This is when it happened... I decided to register and argue my point, nobody listened, I wondered why, my every comment descended into an argument. However, it was on that day I argued with a Spurs fans and the final comment from each of us was "the best team will win and deservedly so, good luck". I haven't visited the cock since.

I don't need to go back, I am at peace with my decision. We won the league by 10 points and Spurs finished 3rd. I have my closure.

So, I can see why you are on here. You want to discuss the England game with your champions. You want to prove your players are better even though they are nowhere near champion status. You are still roaming around wondering if Spurs will win anything, let alone the Most popular league on the planet.

I hope my story gives you hope and you find your closure. And maybe you too, will celebrate your success with a quarter of a million of like minded football fans and with a legendary rock band signing us off. However, unfortunately for you while Arsenal are still a football club and in the league that is quite unlikely. Good luck anyway, signing out,

"Bitter forum posters anonymous"

lol  lol lol  

Got to be the only reason why he's pushed out wide because we all know he's useless playing there.

The problem is not playing out wide, as a wide forward he can be very effective, he scored a hatful for Fleetwood cutting in from wide positions and ripped Man United to shreds in a wide role. The problem is Roy isn't playing him as a wide forward he wants him to be a winger, he is expected to track the full back, stay wide and protect the defence, he is also running the channels and stuck in a wide position where he has to cross it rather than running into the box.

This is not playing to his strengths, at the end of last season he was a wide forward in a fluid front 3 of Vardy Ulloa and Nuge, then Mahrez Ulloa and Vardy, he was effective then because he was not required to track back. Attackers attack, you don't put defensive responsibilities on your main goal threats, likewise you do not task your defenders with attacking, width from the full backs is useful, but not at the expenses of being able to defend.

If Roy wants Vardy in a wider role to fit his 4231 then he needs to play him like we play Mahrez, with freedom to attack, put Lallana or Milner on the other side to play an Albrighton role and get the midfield 2 to shuffle across and protect the space behind Vardy.

Archived