Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Too bad Savage wasn't brought in to combat Hoddle and Mills

Apparently to broadcast an England game you must be in the back pocket of the FA. If you're not a puppet you're out.

2 up front was a better formation but the back line is a shambles. Hart was class. Alli was poor. Drinkwater is composed and a must for this team. Kane I like as he and Vardy will hook up well if they play 2 up front. You could see signs of this as the game changed shape.

Mills said don't take him, but pretty much everyone else would start Kane and Vardy upfront

Surely Mills said he doesn't make it into the side - ie, first 11. He's clearly wrong about that, but I think he means that he should be in the squad.

Try Kane on the wing and see how ****ing useless he is. Play a top player out of position, and you wouldn't expect anything else. Why is it so hard for Woy to grasp? Its like he is trying to make Vardy look shit to justify not playing him ahead of Shrek.

To return to a bit of sanity in a thread where someone is saying 'Harry Kane is crap'....

For some reason I just can't get behind this England side. It's perplexing..We cruised through the group, we are now playing Jamie and Danny...yet I just can't get excited by them. I think it's Hodgson...I just can't warm to him. I can't stand how he looks, talks and how he insists on fielding Wilshere and Rooney (when available). Our build up play is too slow to REALLY utilise Vardy and I'm never sure what formation we are playing?

I hope this changes and I get excited by the forthcoming tournament. I think I will, I usually do when it's England in meaningful games. But I simply just don't like Hodgson. I think that's it.

I take your point Rammy but I don't think Vardy's place in the squad is in doubt. It's whether he plays or not or what position he plays.

Kane is the golden boy and will start up front without doubt. If Woy plays two up front then Vardy will be his partner but if ge plays a 4-3-3 formation then Vardy is wasted out wide and I would rather he is on the bench ready to come on up front after 60 mins to get us a goal.

Kane should start, consistent goal scorer. Wouldn't dream of playing vardy by himself or on the left, especially without drinkwater playing and sadly I can see Roy not taking him, wrong decision in my book but I just think that's how he will see it.

If we are playing two vardy has to play but again can see him going for Ali just behind Rooney and Kane with everyone fit and available, with the intention of using vardy for the last 1/3 -1/4 of the game.

Much of a muchess to me I'm happy with our attacking oppositions, midfield is where selection problems could really tell and as for our defence we've not got a lot to pick from esp at CB.

Bucks the trend of where he's spent most the season but dire is actually a cracking centre half as anyone in Lisbon will tell you but I'd imagine that's thinking outside the box a bit too much for Roy.

3 goals in last 3 england games, works hard for the team, offers a good link player when he drops deep and Danny Mills thinks we shouldnt take him?

The guy is the biggest fraud I have ever known. 

Biggs nailed it a few posts ago with deCribjng the defence as a shambles. Their shape was as bad as I've seen from an England team in what's left of my memory. I'd be tempted to go for a Pearson-esque 3-4--1-2 with either Ali or Rooney behind the top two. Almost doesn't matter who plays where after that as defensively we will be poor. Have to bank on scoring more than the oppo for me.

Just on my way home, vardy was pretty poor for large parts but made things happen when he was upfront. Didn't play a style to suit him. Much more dangerous against the better sides.

Kane only passes as a last resort.

Ali was poor but I thought Wilshere shown some nice touches, you can see a classy player in there.

I felt Kyle walker had a good game, probably my MOM.

Just on my way home, vardy was pretty poor for large parts but made things happen when he was upfront. Didn't play a style to suit him. Much more dangerous against the better sides.

Kane only passes as a last resort.

Ali was poor but I thought Wilshere shown some nice touches, you can see a classy player in there.

I felt Kyle walker had a good game, probably my MOM.

Be careful, mate. You can't go posting balanced assessments like that around here...

To return to a bit of sanity in a thread where someone is saying 'Harry Kane is crap'....

For some reason I just can't get behind this England side. It's perplexing..We cruised through the group, we are now playing Jamie and Danny...yet I just can't get excited by them. I think it's Hodgson...I just can't warm to him. I can't stand how he looks, talks and how he insists on fielding Wilshere and Rooney (when available). Our build up play is too slow to REALLY utilise Vardy and I'm never sure what formation we are playing?

I hope this changes and I get excited by the forthcoming tournament. I think I will, I usually do when it's England in meaningful games. But I simply just don't like Hodgson. I think that's it.

Totally agree. Woy inspires nothing in me, and his style of play is poor and boring. How the hell he can motivate players is beyond me.

As for Kane. He doesn't seem to have any vision at all. He just shoots. His one assist for spuds is proof. Vardy is a far more versatile player, but he is almost wasted playing for Woy. At least he tries his hardest, even when stuck out on the left wing.

Former England defender Danny Mills has suggested that Jamie Vardy might not fit into the national team’s most effective line-up at Euro 2016 despite his match-winning goal against Turkey on Sunday.

Mills, who played for his country 19 times between 2001 and 2004, thinks that Vardy’s inability to play out wide could see him sacrificed for the conduit offered by Harry Kane.

Mills told the BBC: “When Jamie Vardy is out wide he is pretty much anonymous. England do not play to his strengths. What he’s achieved this season is remarkable, but we have to accept that.

The ex-Leeds and Manchester City full back added: “We have to pick the best team, not the best players. Vardy wants to run over the top, he’s not a link player like Harry Kane is.”

Twat.

Wish I could have paused time and put everything I own on Hoddle doing a Spurs player as his MOTM, as soon as Clive started asking the question I was wondering which one he'd pick.

5 of the starting 11 are spurs players so the chance of him picking one was high, he picked Danny Drinkwater as his man of the match last game lots of foxestalkers on these England threads seem really bitter but I don't understand why we beat spurs to the title so why the chip on the shoulder?

Just enjoy the euros and get behind all the England players.

My favourite comment is "he's not a link player like Kane is.... Clearly not watched a single one of our games from Jan onwards... He offers to the centre circle, chests off to Drinky or Mahrez and turns and sprints on for a return pass... LINK UP

Vardy did do dive. It was almost identical to the West Ham incident. Let's just be honest about that. If he does that in the Euros and wins the game for us I don't care.

5 of the starting 11 are spurs players so the chance of him picking one was high, he picked Danny Drinkwater as his man of the match last game lots of foxestalkers on these England threads seem really bitter but I don't understand why we beat spurs to the title so why the chip on the shoulder?

Just enjoy the euros and get behind all the England players.

It's not a random name pulled out of a hat, it's supposed to be the player who has performed the best during the game, and none of the Spurs players played well apart from Dier and perhaps Walker who was vaguely decent.

Hoddle was so biased that if Gazza had been picked for the squad he'd say he was the best player on the park ... (although to be fair he could still probably show a few of them a thing or two)

I really can't stand the bloke, how he is allowed on TV after the comments he made about disabled people, attacking folks who are unable to defend themselves is the lowest of the low. There are many others who have been rightly shunned for racist and sexist remarks, he's not even a good pundit.

Link for those that aren't aware https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

Archived