Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Jaap Stam at Reading? Not sure whether to be exciting just to see if he nuts someone, or whether it's a brilliant inspired appointment, or absolutely shocking because he hasn't actually proved himself as a manager yet. He might have a good knowledge of the Dutch league and the youth coming through it though suppose that's a plus.

Was a shock for me but since De Boar left I think Stam did say he wanted to try management. Loved him during his playing days - even had his name on one of my Netherlands shirts when I was younger - top player.

Was a shock for me but since De Boar left I think Stam did say he wanted to try management. Loved him during his playing days - even had his name on one of my Netherlands shirts when I was younger - top player.

Are Reading really going to take a chance with him?  He might turn out brilliant, but hasn't really shown it. I would have though the ambitions of the club would be at least aiming for a playoffs spot. Don't know if it's a financial decision in the hope that he has a scouting list as long as his arms, and it's worth the risk, but it does seem a bit odd.

Are Reading really going to take a chance with him?  He might turn out brilliant, but hasn't really shown it. I would have though the ambitions of the club would be at least aiming for a playoffs spot. Don't know if it's a financial decision in the hope that he has a scouting list as long as his arms, and it's worth the risk, but it does seem a bit odd.

Oh yeah I do agree with you. Remember the other year when Hyypia ended up at Brighton and it went wrong.

Some great games. Wednesday v Villa is first game of the season.

Most of my work colleagues support Barnsley, just looking down their fixture list and seeing they've got Newcastle at home on a Tuesday night in October. Welcome to the Championship to Rafa.

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah quite looking forward to seeing how the Championship pans out in this upcoming season. Newcastle, Villa, Forest, Derby, Leeds - some big clubs in there IMO.

Hope Leeds make a good go for it, but Monk has to do well from the word go with their manager position being the hottest in football.

Probably Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Brighton and QPR for play-offs; Newcastle I can see being top. But who knows with Villa.

Guest CityFan 06

Hope Leeds make a good go for it, but Monk has to do well from the word go with their manager position being the hottest in football.

Probably Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Brighton and QPR for play-offs; Newcastle I can see being top. But who knows with Villa.

Leeds have a lot of potential under Monk, I think he's a very good manager and could do really great things there. Likewise reckon Newcastle will be in the top 2. 

I think someone has edited his wiki page lol 

Brexit voters have been brainwashed - Boris and his cronies have made a bed of rusty nails and broken glass for the future generations of this country to lie in.

All for their own personal gain.

On Monday 27 June 2016, Phillippe Mountanier was appointed Head Coach of Nottingham Forest Football Club. It was announced that Philippe had signed a two year contract at the East Midlands club. He was promised £50 millions war chest in a bid of restore Nottingham Forest to its glorious days.

Dunno @@Finnegan - you'd think Townsend would find another club, Sissoko will go. They'll probably have a better top flight side when they come up than they did going down.

Also new Hibs shirt is mmmmmmm

Yeah it's the right green for a start!

Got a funny feeling Grant Holt might turn out to be a genius bit of business.

This is the year I reckon. And under Lenny too. :wub:

Archived