Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Di Matteo is a shocking manager

Did a good job with WBA, won the FA Cup and CL with Chelsea, don't think he's too bad an appointment. Think with Steve Clarke it makes for a pretty decent pairing - given time they'll probably do alright. But that squad needs a complete overhaul

Did a good job with WBA, won the FA Cup and CL with Chelsea, don't think he's too bad an appointment. Think with Steve Clarke it makes for a pretty decent pairing - given time they'll probably do alright. But that squad needs a complete overhaul

Did he really do a good job with WBA though? It was pretty much a two team league in terms of getting promotion and was sacked half way through his spell in the prem. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Nigel Pearson talking like a manager should

We've gone from waffle brains pointless ramblings to a professional... seems weird. 

In fact we're already looking a more professional football club, NP talks very well, I only remember him from his rants during last season, but he's articulate and intelligent  :o defiantly the right man and thank you mel, took your time in getting a proper man in but you did it eventually lol.

Owen Coyle? The former Burnley and Bolton manager who's last five years have been mediocre to say the most? Really inspiring and logical appointment that, especially if he has a poor start.

Guest FriendlyRam

Owen Coyle? The former Burnley and Bolton manager who's last five years have been mediocre to say the most? Really inspiring and logical appointment that, especially if he has a poor start.

He should have stayed at Burnley imo, it was a perfect partnership, right size club for him as well.

Bolton's decline had started by the time he took over and there was no way of stopping it.

Listening to Pearson on Sky at his Derby press conference it just felt wrong. or sounded wrong for him to use 'us' and 'we' referring to 'them'. His careful uses of words, basically tells me that there's a hell of a lot of work to be done 'on all levels'. With him and Powell though, that's a smart combo. They'll be defensively sound that's for certain. His transfers will be interesting. He must have a list as long as his arm of players to bring in and I wonder what the budget he'll have to work with, and whether he can do it without his back staff. 

Your a Leicester fan who's just won the premier league and your hung up about nfp at our local rivals :|

So so hung up. Like mad.

Your a Leicester fan who's just won the premier league and your hung up about nfp at our local rivals :|

What do people even mean when they say "NFP"?

Only ever seen it used by total weirdos.

What do people even mean when they say "NFP"?

Only ever seen it used by total weirdos.

Duno, but I tell you what is weird. Pining after pearson when we are premier league champions with THE greatest manager we have ever had.

Surprising one that, could be a real coup for Leeds.

----------

Also Blackburn appoint Owen Coyle as manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if they struggle again.

I can tip Blackburn for relegation now, Coyle is terrible did a decent job up at Burnley but since all his jobs have ended in disaster. Blackburn fans can't be happy knowing an former Burnley and Bolton man coming in.

Duno, but I tell you what is weird. Pining after pearson when we are premier league champions with THE greatest manager we have ever had.

Claudio is the greatest manager we've ever had, no doubt about it. For me it was always Gillies but since Claudio won the top flight he's now the man. So no need for the capitals.

I'm not pining, also. I'm just looking back at a former manager. 

Jaap Stam at Reading? Not sure whether to be exciting just to see if he nuts someone, or whether it's a brilliant inspired appointment, or absolutely shocking because he hasn't actually proved himself as a manager yet. He might have a good knowledge of the Dutch league and the youth coming through it though suppose that's a plus.

Archived