Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Surprising one that, could be a real coup for Leeds.

----------

Also Blackburn appoint Owen Coyle as manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if they struggle again.

Guest CityFan 06

Good appointment for Leeds. Monk is a manager I still rate very highly and I think he has the potential to do well there.

Owen Coyle still dining off Elmader's purple patch for Bolton, then? No better than Aidy Boothroyd or Ian Dowie, that one.

Stubbs is an odd one, I follow Hibs closely and while there's a sense that what he's building is a good side, the difference in quality of the Scottish Championship and the Football League Championship is another planet. He has all the ingredients to go somewhere in the game but I think he's moved too soon, hope I'm wrong because he comes across a great guy.

Monk is superb for Leeds but I can't see them breaking top 6 whilst Cellino is interfering.

Just be happy for us. ;)

haha yeah like I hope he succeeds and I think he will, just give him time.

Good news here though:

"Nigel will absolutely have full control of football matters and we hope he will have a huge influence."

Owen Coyle still dining off Elmader's purple patch for Bolton, then? No better than Aidy Boothroyd or Ian Dowie, that one.

Stubbs is an odd one, I follow Hibs closely and while there's a sense that what he's building is a good side, the difference in quality of the Scottish Championship and the Football League Championship is another planet. He has all the ingredients to go somewhere in the game but I think he's moved too soon, hope I'm wrong because he comes across a great guy.

Monk is superb for Leeds but I can't see them breaking top 6 whilst Cellino is interfering.

Is it bad that I always feel an air of inevitability when managers move down south these days? Dunno if it's the scars from Levein, Lennon, even as far back as Walter Smith, but I always assume the worst whenever it happens.

Similarly, I fear for Monk. I don't see that lasting the season. Did so well for a short time at Swansea before it fell apart. Not convinced he'll do much there, though at least he'll have A) the summer to sign people he wants and B) an excuse in Cellino if it does go tits up

Guest CityFan 06

Villa appoint Di Matteo as their new manager, again another very decent appointment I reckon. He was linked with us, at times and I think I like him both in terms of a person and football manager. 

In this upcoming season in the Championship, there's going to be some excellent calibre of managers:

Pearson - Derby

Di Matteo - Villa

Benitez - Newcastle

Monk - Leeds

To a degree they are probably managers who suit those clubs well due to their expectations. Derby, Villa, Newcastle and Leeds are all clubs who I'd expect their ambition to be promotion to the Premier League. 

Archived