Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

2 minutes ago, Famous Team said:

I would be genuinely surprised were that to happen, although in all seriousness I very much doubt they'll do either of those things any time soon.

In Assombalonga they have a great championship striker.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest genuinely are the new Coventry aren't they? I can't see them coming near the top flight for a good decade yet.

tbf id imagine everyone (inc our own fans) would've said the same about us in like 06/07, 07/08 etc and we won the top flight within a decade. things can change well quick with one or two sensible decisions. just forest haven't made one of them for about 30 years. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

tbf id imagine everyone (inc our own fans) would've said the same about us in like 06/07, 07/08 etc and we won the top flight within a decade. things can change well quick with one or two sensible decisions. just forest haven't made one of them for about 30 years. 

Differences being we appointed a very clever, forward-thinking manager and were lucky enough to be bought out by savvy owners. Forest I highly doubt that will happen to. They won't get a Pearson if they go down I don't think.

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Fair, but we're a total anomaly. For our success, a once in a generation event, there's a host of clubs who'll go into freefall. 

I can see it getting much worse for Forest before it gets better, and comparisons to Coventry are far more likely to be vindicated than our situation being repeated. Their capacity is now reduced to 24k, and it'll barely affect them as they only managed that three times last season - they didn't even sell out for Derby!

Archived