Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

20 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

There's a toilet in the wet room

If you take out the second toilet near the living room this will be your only indoor toilet though, if someone is in the wet room the only other available toilet will be the one outside

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

If you take out the second toilet near the living room this will be your only indoor toilet though, if someone is in the wet room the only other available toilet will be the one outside

The house I live in now only has 1 toilet. It's no different to how we live now. Not had any problems before.

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Don't remove a toilet just to make storage, gotta be a smarter way.

We have numerous equipment for my son, wheelchair, stander, walker, hi low chair amongst other items. Storage becomes more of a priority than a 2nd toilet.Ā 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
On 25/01/2024 at 11:11, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Contemplating selling my house in the near future does anyone have any recommendations on good estate agents to use? Or ones to avoid?Ā 
thanks ā˜ŗļøĀ 

Pretend to be a buyer and see what treatment you get from a handful. Pick the best one after that.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

First time buyer here currently looking any dos/ donā€™ts and general advice would be much appreciated thanks guysĀ 

This guy is good on YT. He's done loads of videos for first time buyers

Ā 

Ā 

Put our place on the market last week. Few viewings already which is promising.Ā 

Ā 

Can anyone help me with calculating the blended rate of two mortgage products? I have an existing term which we're porting because the interest rate is very low, and then borrowing more at today's higher rates. Wanting to see roughly what is the average across the two.

29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Put our place on the market last week. Few viewings already which is promising.Ā 

Ā 

Can anyone help me with calculating the blended rate of two mortgage products? I have an existing term which we're porting because the interest rate is very low, and then borrowing more at today's higher rates. Wanting to see roughly what is the average across the two.

You can just calculate the two separately, if you input the different rates and terms on a normal calculator tool. Add together and BIYU.

Ā 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/mortgage-rate-calculator/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

After 9+ years of renting flats, including a move up north to Manchester, we've just had an offer accepted for our first home :DĀ Nice 3 bed semi, boarded loft that's an unofficial 4th bed/future office, standard low-maintenance garden, off-road parking and on a street where apparently there's beenĀ veryĀ few sales in the last 20 years, so a good sign that people like living there.

Ā 

Now all the fun begins with solicitors and all that. No chain on our side, and our vendor is supposedly a cash buyer with a no-chain property already lined up, so fingers crossed things should go fairly smoothly...

Ā 

Trying to hold my excitement a little as I know there's still a lot more hurdles to navigate, but glad to finally look like we're getting somewhere :DĀ 

Nice one mate, you saying up in Manchester area?

58 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one mate, you saying up in Manchester area?

Yeah, just north of the city centre in a place called Middleton. Feels like we've settled up here now and can start to call it home :)

Ā 

Only major downsides are distance from families (his in the NE, mine in Leicester still) and its a pain to get back down for the Leicester games. But both of those are just about manageable (although it felt a right a slog getting down to games last season and seeing those results...Ā lolĀ )

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yeah, just north of the city centre in a place called Middleton. Feels like we've settled up here now and can start to call it home :)

Ā 

Only major downsides are distance from families (his in the NE, mine in Leicester still) and its a pain to get back down for the Leicester games. But both of those are just about manageable (although it felt a right a slog getting down to games last season and seeing those results...Ā lolĀ )

Ā Nice one, itā€™s a great city but yeah can imagine the commutes last season werenā€™t fun.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Ā 

Better leave an hour or two early in case the M62 / M6 are slow!

Ā 

Handy for the cricket, though.Ā  James Price is a good pro.Ā  But as Middleton got promoted to Lancashire League division 1 last year, I expect they'll lose more than they win.

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

Better leave an hour or two early in case the M62 / M6 are slow!

Ā 

Handy for the cricket, though.Ā  James Price is a good pro.Ā  But as Middleton got promoted to Lancashire League division 1 last year, I expect they'll lose more than they win.

Nothing like a bit of northern cheerfulness and optimismĀ lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Ā 

Ā 

How long have you two been together? Long enough to convert him to Vardyism, I hope!!!

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Ā 

How long have you two been together? Long enough to convert him to Vardyism, I hope!!!

11 years. He's a geordie but not really into his football, but I have got him a shirt and he does follow along and look out for our results, so I'll take that as a winĀ lol

Ā 

He's happy for me to traipse up and down the country on trains every other weekend for it, and I'm not going to argue with thatĀ lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

11 years. He's a geordie but not really into his football, but I have got him a shirt and he does follow along and look out for our results, so I'll take that as a winĀ lol

Ā 

He's happy for me to traipse up and down the country on trains every other weekend for it, and I'm not going to argue with thatĀ lol

Ā 

Bargain!

12 hours ago, Xen said:

Ā 

I get moaned at that ā€˜football dominatesā€™ Ā and I live in walking distance! Ā Youā€™ve bagged a goodunā€™ !!!

• 1 month later...