Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

3 hours ago, Ryanside said:

Total is 56m2 (6.4*4.4) across the two floors. So at the lower end £2100 per m2 which isn't the worst. 

It's one of those though, either move or do this. When you like the area, house, neighbours, garden etc moving to something that ticks all the boxes becomes much more expensive. 

Yeh I was working off a £2k per m2 when looking at this property. I agree with you, and factor in stamp duty and moving costs

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Yeh I was working off a £2k per m2 when looking at this property. I agree with you, and factor in stamp duty and moving costs

I’m not entirely clear why people are falling over those quotes…. They sound about right 

checking back at my one…. Shell and core in ‘21 was about ~£1.7k per m2…. 

Edited by Wolfox

20 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I’m not entirely clear why people are falling over those quotes…. They sound about right 

checking back at my one…. Shell and core in ‘21 was about ~£1.7k per m2…. 

you got yours VERY cheap though! 

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gove has given into pressures and altered the new rental reform bill. 

The changes make it worse for tenants than it was initially meant to be

The Tory scum have made something worse..... I refuse to believe it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advice please. 

Offered on a house last month, it was up for £650k and we had £630k rejected, walked away. 

Agent has rang us today to ask if we are still interested, and that they have lowered it to offers over £625k (£5k less than the offer they rejected) we are in the same position as before as we haven’t sold yet. 

1) why have the lowered it before asking us if we are still interested. 

2) we are with the same estate agent so they will of told them we haven’t sold. 

Not sure on next steps, still want the house - it’s empty and the owners have emigrated.  

Edited by Tommy G

49 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Advice please. 

Offered on a house last month, it was up for £650k and we had £630k rejected, walked away. 

Agent has rang us today to ask if we are still interested, and that they have lowered it to offers over £625k (£5k less than the offer they rejected) we are in the same position as before as we haven’t sold yet. 

Not sure on next steps, still want the house - it’s empty and the owners have emigrated.  

If it’s £5k less than you were willing to pay…. What’s the dilemma?  The market hasn’t dropped in that time…

Without an offer on yours, it’s all a little academic anyway…. Unless you’re considering a bridging loan or can afford it without selling?

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Advice please. 

They’ve likely just overestimated demand and now want rid. We did when we sold our last house.   Although there was interest offers weren’t forthcoming, some time pressures kicked in and we changed our expectations . You might even get lucky with a cheeky offer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Advice please. 

Haha cheeky fvckers know it’s overpriced and coming back to you begging with their tail between their legs.

I’d offer them £575k this time.

Watch them reject that and then come back to you again in a months time saying they’ll accept £600k cos they’ve had no other offers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wolfox said:

If it’s £5k less than you were willing to pay…. What’s the dilemma?  The market hasn’t dropped in that time…

Without an offer on yours, it’s all a little academic anyway…. Unless you’re considering a bridging loan or can afford it without selling?

Exactly my point I’m confused why they have lowered it before even asking us, below what we have offered! Sticking point is we aren’t sold so not in a position to move forward. Both with same agents, I’ll give them a call later.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Exactly my point I’m confused why they have lowered it before even asking us, below what we have offered! Sticking point is we aren’t sold so not in a position to move forward. Both with same agents, I’ll give them a call later.  

Good luck…

11 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Advice please. 

I'd say they've lowered it due to being keen to sell. And, unfortunately as you're not proceedable, they're looking at getting interest from as many possible people. 

You can obviously let the agents know that you are still interested but from the sellers point of view, they need a buyer in a position to proceed. Have you had much interest in yours? 

12 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Advice please. 

Just be careful that it could go the other way. 

A cheeky agent. There’s been interest in the property by yourself and maybe one or two others also coming in at lower than the previous asking. The agent in the hope that both initial bidders (or interested parties, not necessarily bidders) in the heat of the moment lose their senses (which can happen) enter a bidding war. 

The lower asking is a trick used to get the parties re-interested and suggest they are getting a deal. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just be careful that it could go the other way. 

A cheeky agent. There’s been interest in the property by yourself and maybe one or two others also coming in at lower than the previous asking. The agent in the hope that both initial bidders (or interested parties, not necessarily bidders) in the heat of the moment lose their senses (which can happen) enter a bidding war. 

The lower asking is a trick used to get the parties re-interested and suggest they are getting a deal. 

Thanks Micky. 

Spoke to the agent - we are the only ones who have offered, they confirmed this. 

Hi guys just a qq I put my first offer in for a property and agents asking for proof of funds including AIP. Question I have is my agreement in principle was based on property worth slightly less than the property I have put an offer in for. Would this mean I need to fill out another AIP? 

12 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Hi guys just a qq I put my first offer in for a property and agents asking for proof of funds including AIP. Question I have is my agreement in principle was based on property worth slightly less than the property I have put an offer in for. Would this mean I need to fill out another AIP? 

The AIP shouldn't really be property-dependent, its basically just a letter from the bank saying they'd be prepared to offer you a mortgage up to X amount.

When we started looked our mortgage advisor applied for our AIP before we'd even viewed anything, and it came back at ~£280k despite us having a hard-cap of £250k on any potential house due to our ISA terms. The house we offered on initially was £222k.

We would've been able to use that same AIP for the second property we found after the first fell through, except it expired the day before it was required so we had to reapply lol Somehow, the (same) bank decided that this time - only a couple months later - they'd be willing to lend us an extra £75k on top of that lol Not that we'd even dream of spending that much on a house anytime soon...

18 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Depends if your AIP and your deposit covers the new purchase price. If it doesn't then I suspect you'd need a new one yeah. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 12:06, Xen said:

Aye, not great at all. Heard all the warnings about how the process can be stupid sometimes, so was expecting something to go wrong as it all seemed a bit too easy haha. First time buyers so still got sucked in and emotionally invested in a house before things were certain - easily done. Certainly wont be mentally picking out furniture and decorating before we have the keys in hand, this time!

Means we're in a good position for our next attempt though, and can reassess a bit more logically about what we need/want. All part of the fun...

Said to each other that we'd take our time this time around, not rush into making an offer on something...

Next one we saw hit all our criteria, put in an offer under asking as the first people to view it, and accepted the next morning lol. Not getting too excited just yet - sellers still need to find their onward purchase and after the last one fell through we're trying not to get too attached. Likely going to end up in more of a chain than last time, so not expecting it to move along quite so quickly this time around...

• Like 1

We are moving{I hope) up to the North East......Everything is in place for us.But the buyer from us is pissing me right off(probably not the buyer....but lender)To cut a long story short everything was sorted...Buyer had a mortgage in place,we found a place and did all the bits up their(just above Newcastle,so a few mile's)We were ready to exchange contracts and go.Turns out the lenders for the buyers were not happy with the Structural assesment first time. Bloke just came round and jumped on the floors!,so had to do another.The buyer couldn't afford this,so we went halve's just to get it done.It's been 2 weeks waiting for a decision from their lenders!Might pull the plug on weds next week,as our house is ready to go and need to find someone to buy ours to finance it........stressed a'int the word!

Edited by PAULCFC
m