Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

MUSA SIGNS

Just now, sylofox said:

Where is the Muppet that was saying he was shite the other day lollollollollol

You can tell he's pretty much as advertised by those that actually knew him, they all said he'd be inconsistent but could be brilliant. The miss the other night was shocking, yesterday was brilliant. He'll blow hot and cold, but he'll cause nightmares. Like an upgraded Schlupp.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You can tell he's pretty much as advertised by those that actually knew him, they all said he'd be inconsistent but could be brilliant. The miss the other night was shocking, yesterday was brilliant. He'll blow hot and cold, but he'll cause nightmares. Like an upgraded Schlupp.

My point was more the fact he was given no time to prove himself.

But perhaps he has not proved anything as it was only Barca lollol

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

All his touches against Barca, scored two, should have had a penno and a couple of his crosses should have been finished lol

lol

I must have looked away at the bit on 1.16

Classic Jeff.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Where is the Muppet that was saying he was shite the other day lollollollollol

where is the little chap?  

Hiding in Aylesbury. I will pop over in the morning, flush him out, and chuck him in the river. :thumbup:  The guy is a bit of a Muppet, to say the very least.

on a side note

OLD AGE ISSUE Crisis in Nigeria as 26 Under-17 players fail age test ahead of African Nations’ Cup qualifier

African nation in chaos of nearly half of 60 players examined are found to be overage ahead of massive clash against Niger

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1554400/crisis-in-nigeria-as-26-under-17-players-fail-age-test-ahead-of-african-nations-cup-qualifier/

2 hours ago, FoxesFourLife said:

Any news on his work permit African press stating he won't be able to play Sunday

He played in the Oxford game, and there is nothing in the UK press about any problems, and the Mail would be all over that story. African press is awful...because they haven't seen a story in the British about him getting a [routine] work permit, it must mean he doesn't have one! 

• 3 weeks later...

In the space of 5 minutes playing on the left wing, Musa caused so many problems. Also he was against Bellerin who is no slouch, imagine the damage he could do against other full backs in the league.

Left Wing is his natural position, he played most of his games at CSKA there. Only problem is, we are so stacked on the wing its ridiculous. Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp, Gray, Kaputska.

IMO we'll get the best out of Musa either at left wing or in the Vardy role. He doesn't seem to be the link up player we need, if he's going to play behind the striker.

Guest CityFan 06

He made an impact like foxes21 said, within five minutes. His pace is outstanding and he will be really useful for us. I can't work out whether he's naturally a winger or forward but looks as if he could cover both positions to good effect.

The only thing I would say is that I'd of liked to of seen him bought on earlier last night, I'd certainly play him more against Swansea. At the same time though I wouldn't drop Okazaki or Albrighton necessarily. The team that won the league seems to be the most settled in matches. 

Super exciting player. Many people were calling for him to come on and as soon as he did, he raised the volume massively and got the crowd going!

Don't think we should be too harsh on Claudio yesterday, as we were on top of the game for large spells and were making chances (Vardy's effort springs to mind especially). Also it's important to remember that from September we will have 2 games a week with Champions League football and when that happens we need rotation. Musa will be the Vardy replacement then so there will definitely be games in the league where we start without Vardy and Mahrez. So expect to see a lot more of Musa soon!

For me I am excited we got this player, I think we may have got another good deal. He looks well suited to the Premier League already.

I'm starting to think I'd maybe start Musa with Vardy on the bench. Vardy's not clicking yet, for whatever reason, so maybe it might help him recover that edge.

I know some see Musa as a winger but I'm not (yet) convinced. At the moment, I think his better role for us is straight down the middle. Besides, we have other (better?) winger options. 

35 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

I'm starting to think I'd maybe start Musa with Vardy on the bench. Vardy's not clicking yet, for whatever reason, so maybe it might help him recover that edge.

I know some see Musa as a winger but I'm not (yet) convinced. At the moment, I think his better role for us is straight down the middle. Besides, we have other (better?) winger options. 

I think Vardy needs game time to increase his fitness and sharpness. I would like to see okazaki replaced at 60/65 mins with Musa coming on and having vardy and musa running riot. 

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sign a proper defensive midfielder and go with a 4-2-2-1-1

Kasper

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Drinkwater ???

Mahrez---------------Musa

Okazaki

Vardy

But what about Albrighton, Gray, Schlupp & Kaputska? Thats four wingers as back up :blink:

Musa can play anywhere across the midfield but he seems to love picking up a midfield ball and running direct on goal. He has the body strength to keep the ball at pace too. I think that's why he was reluctant to shoot on Sat, his strength is to take the ball to the box and lay off a dead ball to smash. He just needs to play that ball with better quality.

I am a bit smitten with chap.:blush:

Archived