Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Liam Moore

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We rejected 4 million from Fulham 2 and a half years ago.

Smart move that was.

Of course we'd have been in uproar had he gone there at the time. But that's hindsight for you.

We may be saying the same about Schlupp in a few years time.

SOme people seem to think that because we're Champions that our players that got nowhere near the squad should be worth 10x more than they actually are.

1m is more than fair for a player that couldn't get on Brentford's bench ffs..

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Wheres the conflict....oh I see within your dreamed up presumption, that owners and manager are not pulling   together..!

Oh dear..

I didn't say the owners and manager weren't pulling together. By "conflict", I don't mean fighting mad, or anything that is causing tension, I just mean a different attitude to players who aren't going to play. As a homegrown player, Moore had his own spot on the Champions League squad, and there is plenty of room on the PL squad. Ranieri said that those who weren't given squad numbers that maybe it would be better they moved on. Then the club held up his transfer trying to re-sign him and put him out on loan. If that's what they wanted, the easiest way would have been to give him a squad number and let him train with the senior squad, and not exile him to the U23's. Plenty of people training with their first teams are going to be loaned out before the end of the window. I wasn't presuming anything; it was conjecture. The situation with Moore seemed to drag on for no real good reason. Moore certainly thought so.

13 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I didn't say the owners and manager weren't pulling together. By "conflict", I don't mean fighting mad, or anything that is causing tension, I just mean a different attitude to players who aren't going to play. As a homegrown player, Moore had his own spot on the Champions League squad, and there is plenty of room on the PL squad. Ranieri said that those who weren't given squad numbers that maybe it would be better they moved on. Then the club held up his transfer trying to re-sign him and put him out on loan. If that's what they wanted, the easiest way would have been to give him a squad number and let him train with the senior squad, and not exile him to the U23's. Plenty of people training with their first teams are going to be loaned out before the end of the window. I wasn't presuming anything; it was conjecture. The situation with Moore seemed to drag on for no real good reason. Moore certainly thought so.

Now that would of been a top post...:trumpet:

what,s all the fuss about, 1 million was enough to buy Vardy or 2 1/2 Mahrez, and one less wage to pay for someone who doesn't figure in current or, apparently, future plans. Now Liam at least has a chance to enjoy making his living playing in a first team on a regular basis. I say good luck to the lad and I hope he does well.

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

We rejected 4 million from Fulham 2 and a half years ago.

Smart move that was.

Of course we'd have been in uproar had he gone there at the time. But that's hindsight for you.

He was an important part of our team 2.5 years ago, so it would have taken a higher fee to get us to sell. 

Still think we should have kept him

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I remember telling my mate he will be a future England centre half before the 5-3 win against United. Unfortunately he lost form the next game and  never recovered.

good luck to him!

So in short you are responsible for his demise.

11 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Now Liam at least has a chance to enjoy making his living playing in a first team on a regular basis. I say good luck to the lad and I hope he does well.

Ditto.

Some transfers ought be seen as a part of a broader context, it's not about the transfer itself but also about the players and clubs aims and ambitions. If a player, any player, no longer fits then you move them on. What a player is worth, or what anything is worth for that matter, becomes secondary. Primarily you want to achieve an objective, you try not to let money become an obstacle to that.

Guest CityFan 06

Good luck to Liam, he showed some really promising performances at times, particularly alongside Wes. 

Looking unlikely he will feature here now given the defensive options we've got, so hopefully he can continue to develop at Reading and work his way up to the top again. 

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Good luck to him, he'll learn a lot from Jaap Stam. Really hope we insert a buy-back clause or a sell-on percentage as I think he'll go for big money if he has a couple of good years in the championship. 

He wouldn't come back if Ranieri is in charge mind

Archived