Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Liam Moore

I just saw it on Sky's Transfer Centre...and couldn't find it anywhere else. But signing a three-year deal, with a loan to Reading might make sense. If January comes, and we are still in Europe, we might need a CB. And he wouldn't take a spot on the current roster. And if the club is ambitious, and plans on making Champions League/Europa League regularly, those four "home-grown by club" spots are staring them in the face, and if Moore blossoms in a year...it would seem short-sighted to move him permanently.

Defenders have a habit of maturing late. Liam has all the attributes but needs to develop positionally. Staam could help with that.

there is a decent centre half in there somewhere

we don't need the money so keeping him on our books and loaning him out makes more sense

reading would pay a large chunk of his salary

I suspect they would only accept a season long term with no recall option. 

33 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Why don't we just sell him and put in a buy back clause if he turns out any good? 

Because that could prove very expensive. Look at what Chelsea sold Lukaku for and look what it's costing them to buy him back. Even though they don't have a buy back clause.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Because that could prove very expensive. Look at what Chelsea sold Lukaku for and look what it's costing them to buy him back. Even though they don't have a buy back clause.

I was suggesting a buy back clause inserted in the fee meaning that we will get him back for a low fee simular to Madrid and Morata.

On 06/08/2016 at 13:29, st albans fox said:

Defenders have a habit of maturing late. Liam has all the attributes but needs to develop positionally. Staam could help with that.

there is a decent centre half in there somewhere

we don't need the money so keeping him on our books and loaning him out makes more sense

reading would pay a large chunk of his salary

I suspect they would only accept a season long term with no recall option. 

night Liam

Reading hope to complete the signing of Liam Moore before Saturday’s game at Wolves.

After weeks of negotiations with Leicester City for the defender, the ongoing transfer saga has taken a fresh twist.

Royals were hoping to snap up the 23-year-old on a permanent deal, but getreading understands he is now expected to arrive at Madejski Stadium on loan for the season - having signed a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The loan agreement will include a clause which will allow Reading to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of the 2016/17 season.

It is not the outcome Royals originally hoped for, but Jaap Stam will still be relieved to have landed his No.1 defensive target of the summer.

Speaking about Moore last month, he said: “Hopefully we can do it because we need defenders.

“And he is a quality player. We need players who are fast, quick, defensively strong and good in the build up as well.

“He’s got those qualities so I hope we can pull it off.”

Moore has been linked with Leeds United and Bristol City this week, but getreading understands he wants to move to Reading to work under Stam.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-transfers-liam-moore-11723787?

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Got to be bull . So he's signing s new contract with usc but signing on loan then signing for them at the end of the season . Why would we bother giving him a new contract if we were getting rid anyway 

To get a better price for him?

10 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

To get a better price for him?

He's currently supposed to be  on 20 grand a week if he signs a new deal it would increase no doubt . I very much doubt reading would want to pay much more than a million for him so we would gain nothing really 

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

He's currently supposed to be  on 20 grand a week if he signs a new deal it would increase no doubt . I very much doubt reading would want to pay much more than a million for him so we would gain nothing really 

I'd be astounded if we've increased his pay. I reckon he'll do a Logan.

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If he has a great season for them, he'll be worth a lot more than a million. We could then choose to keep or sell. His value is unlikely to drop. 

7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Who says he's on 20K?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he signed a new deal the summer we came up I doubt he's on less, in fact I would think he's on more than £20k a week

I'd have thought he'd have been on about 15k absolute tops.

He was still a kid when we got promoted and hadn't played a huge number of games. If Mahrez is on 35K then I really can't see him being worth anything near 20.

he was on his second pro contract during our promotion season then got a new deal at a time where he was a key player and a hotly tipped youngster, we were paying some players £30-40k in the championship, £20k would have been the least his last contract was for

Archived