Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Liam Moore

i just cannot see Liam having a future here,he has been here a long time and not made the regular first team, he has had loan spells which have not come off so we should sell him or just release him with the best wishes. he is clearly not going to get near the first team now or in the near future

Get Reading

Reading FC hopeful of wrapping up deal for Leicester City defender

There has been a breakthrough in talks for the former England Under-21s international - although a price has yet to be agreed

Reading are hopeful of pushing through a deal for Liam Moore within the next week.

There has been a breakthrough in talks with Leicester City for the defender, although a price has yet to be agreed for the 23-year-old. But Royals are confident they can complete the deal in time for Moore to be involved against Preston on the opening day of the Championship season next Saturday.

A season-long loan move - with an option to buy - has not been ruled out, but Reading would prefer to strike a deal which would see the centre-back join on a permanent basis.

Moore played a big part in Leicester gaining promotion to the Premier League in 2013/14, making 33 appearances as the Foxes cruised to the Championship title. The former England Under-21 international found his opportunities limited the following campaign, however, featuring just 11 times in the top flight before joining Brentford on loan. He then fell out of favour with Claudio Ranieri last summer and was sent out to Bristol City, where he played 10 times during a loan spell in 2015/16.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Must ask as a Royals fan, and the inter-forum games guy, if the deal came off, what do you think he could do for Reading? Surely very strong for us at our level?

At his best I'd say Liam Moore walks into that Reading side at CB but whether he will get back to his best who knows. He is solid at Championship level. I think with the experience of McShane talking to him beside him he can do very well. He's had a poor couple of seasons and has some mistakes in him but the potential is there to be a top level Championship player or even a lower end Premier League player.

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Put in a cheeky  15% sell on clause I reckon 

If there is still questions about him maybe even reduce the fee but with an option to buy back at a fixed price.

A bit like Morata and Real Madrid.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

think he could make a good prem right back but is slightly too short to play CB in the premier league

Ha Cannavaro is shorter than Vardy and Mahrez and won the Ballon d'Or playing CB.

Moore doesn't have to pace to play RB.

30 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Ha Cannavaro is shorter than Vardy and Mahrez and won the Ballon d'Or playing CB.

Moore doesn't have to pace to play RB.

he's at least as quick as Danny Simpson

18 minutes ago, daib0 said:

many thanks, guys, interesting comments.

Of course, nothing is definite at all yet, but Reading seem dead serious on this ...:thumbup:

I don't think he has ever played a full season for us so it will be interesting to see what he will be like when he does...

We all hoped he would become a regular first teamer but I think for the sake of the players career he needs to move on. can see him being a really good signing for reading but it needs to be on a permanent basis. The less things are up in the air the better as he can then draw a line under it and knuckle down knowing exactly where he stands.

Still believe he'll be a top defender. I wish him all the best if he leaves.

He was a decent prospect once. Maybe Championship midtable was always going to be his level. It's a shame he couldn't progress with the club in the same way Wes, Kasper, Drinky, Vardy and Schlupp have done. He looked hopelessly out of his depth at the beginning of 2014-15.

Good luck to him though. Maybe regular football will see him realise that potential we thought he might have had.

22 hours ago, MPH said:

I don't think he has ever played a full season for us so it will be interesting to see what he will be like when he does...

Not likely that we'll ever see him play a full season for us. lol

Suprises me on the foxes forum, than any other.!!! Nobody but nobody has learnt from the foxes story.

Go through every player in our squad above the age of 22. Everyone of them came from nowhere,

journeymen, or players who came together and grabbed the moment.

W.Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Huth, now Hernandez.All reached a decent level, some even honours.

Then  we have Mahrez and Vardy, who they were, nobody cared who they were  then wham real life

fairytails, led by a character Ranieri who according to some, didnt have the character to excel,

well he became a Godfather of clevețr gangsters, who some hated like marmite or loved more than

the 7 dwarfs, with a bit of bite.

Why then are our fringe players being cast, in that same bad mold, that our now new heroes were

previously aligned to. We if any should show more understanding or not???

We need defenders for this new now unknown special season.

Liam Moore, has shown potential, he could well profit in this 'band of brothers' enviroment, plus coming

under the defence tactical nous of Ranieri.We as have we have  shown, can give rebirth to players careers.

Has bigger clubs have proved in the "last 2 seasons" ready made CBs are difficult to find

available around the transfer market. Foxforum critics havent shown any success so far

on their player analyse.

Archived