Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Liam Moore

Surely a loan with a side paying all the wages makes more sense?

A transfer fee for someone like Moore wouldn't have an impact on our finances. But if he develops well....we could lose a lot more.

Edit: See Michael Keane

Had big hopes for Moore. A couple of mistakes in the top flight doesn't take away that potential; he was solid during our Championship winning season. 

I'd like to have seen him alongside Huth as I think he would have learnt more from Huth than he did playing alongside Morgan when we were going through a bad spell of form. 

Shame.

He might be 'one of our own' but lets not go over the top. He isn't good enough to be playing in the premiership. He couldn't even hold down a place in Brentfords starting 11. It makes sense for him to move on because his career here is going backwards.

Guest CityFan 06

I think he has the ability to be a potential asset for a team such as Rotherham, Reading etc, especially with regular game time. He was good in the Championship title winning season in 2013/14, and if I recall correctly he started well in our Premier League season in 2014/15 too. I thought he was learning well alongside Wes in that partnership because as a pairing they looked solid enough to me, albeit he was still developing to the level of football as most of our players were back then.

Despite his lack of game time, he has still probably learnt a lot being alongside our current CB's in Morgan, Huth, Wasilewski, Hernandez and Benalouane. Individually they are good CB's who are useful to be around, for Liam. 

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Started 3 seasons a starter and lost his spot in each season and couldn't get back in....

Doesn't sound unfair to me.

In that case lets sell schlupp, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinky etc.

All have started as regulars and been dropped.

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

but they have all earned their places back, the point being that Moore hasn't, and has never looked likely to.

He's better off elsewhere playing regularly but surely we'd need him for the CL squad - 4 club grown players and after King, Schlupp and presumably chilwell we're left with youth teamers who've never even made the bench for the first team.

He's been given opportunities but quite simply he isn't good enough, no disrespect to the lad but we need to be looking further than a young player who has some potential and failed to shine when given an opportunity because "he may be decent". 

Speaks volumes that Brentford sent him back early, clearly not impressed with something.

28 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Unfairly dropped at the time and has never had an opportunity to return.

Shame.

Not sure about his character but I think he will develop into a steady Prem defender.

Unfairly? Are you taking the piss? He was going through an awful stage and I'd been calling for him to be dropped for ages. Was a blessing when it was eventually done

21 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Bit of a difference losing your place for a few games to losing your place at Christmas and then not getting back in for the rest of the season - happened twice for LM.

The Premier League season he lost his place within the first 10 games and we didn't see him again.

His attitude is awful from what I've heard from people

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Trains with the squad every day doesn't he? 

You don't dislodge players that are top of the league by 'training well'.

Mahrez only got back into the side the season before last due to injuries.....

Guest MattP

About time, no chance of him ever being a regular here.

Never really rated him that highly anyway, got away with murder because he was "one of our own".

Archived