Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

Just now, stripeyfox said:

We headed for the Torch but couldn't get in, so in the end opted like many others to buy some cans and drink outside. Quickly realised it was a bit too "rowdy" for me and my son, so we crossed the road and stood in the shade under the trees. Watched the scene get progressively more, shall we say "unpleasant".

Some complete tool blocking the road to prevent a car with some United fans in. Eventually the car backed up and went around him, only to be showered with beer as it went past. Police then moved in and the "roadblocker" was being all "cuddly" with the police. He was clearly absolutely leathered and one of his mates was trying to usher him away.

Definately saw a few cans and bottles being thrown though couldn't say for sure if these were from inside or outside (assume outside - unless the pub were serving drinks in bottles/cans)

There no chance we were going to get in so got a load of cans and were up towards the top of the hill, in fact, exactly where the first horses came and stood as a 4 just after a bottle or two came over and just missed us, so probably near to yourselves. The cans etc being thrown seemed to come from about half way down and from the outside mainly. Whenever the United fans etc were passing us lot, it was just friendly jibes and a bit of booing etc, but there were obviously tw@ts further down. There were a few plastic bottles which came from the inside though, including the one narrowly missing me, which still carry a fair bit of weight if half or 3/4 full, which they seemed to be. It might just be me, but I can't ever seem to understand the stupid behaviour like that, even if I'm hammered, I'm not going to be throwing stuff in to our own crowd, trying to open the doors on the riot vans or chucking stuff at passers by and police. Such an embarrassment.

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Definately saw a few cans and bottles being thrown though couldn't say for sure if these were from inside or outside (assume outside - unless the pub were serving drinks in bottles/cans)

The Torch certainly wasn't serving bottles or in glasses. Just shitty Fosters in a plastic cup at £4.50 a go :mad:

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I find it hard to believe people were throwing 3/4 full glass bottles, insane if so, you could kill someone doing that.

I must be a tight arse, after paying the prices in the torch, I wouldn't spill a drop lol

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I find it hard to believe people were throwing 3/4 full glass bottles, insane if so, you could kill someone doing that.

I will never understand the mentality of someone who throws a drink in the air. Literally the biggest waste of time. 

1 hour ago, Darkon84 said:

I've posted this in the other thread as well, but figure I'll repost in here too.

I've not read through the whole topic (there's a lot to go through), but there were more than a few morons drinking in The Torch before the game, chucking bottles from the inside, towards our own fans on the outside (one of which, a 3/4 full bottle of Kopparberg missing my head by literally an inch), throwing cans at passers by and police, and not to mention trying to pull down the metal barriers....FROM THE INSIDE. I know a lot of Foxestalkers were in there too, so I reckon it's time to name and shame some of these idiots.

I was in the Torch and admittedly I was hammered, but I'm surprised about the bottle throwing - there was some security in there but I didn't notice any interventions, apart from collaring a bloke that climbed over the fence from outside.  Anyone that chucks a glass or a bottle in that way should do time, I reckon, regardless of whether anyone gets hurt.

The smokebomb thing happened just before I left so maybe things were going down hill at that point. 

I set 2 records in The Torch.

1) The drunkest I've ever been that early in the day

2) The longest I've ever had to wait for a drink - about 40 minutes in the queue for the bar in the back room, which I didn't really mind apart from the Ultimate Knobheads pretending they hadn't noticed the gueue and trying to push in literally behind the person actually getting served - it's basically daring people to offer you out, isn't it?

It was a bit odd because with the big metal fences you couldn't tell what was going on outside, or even if there were many folk out there.  When the police horses moved everyone along it looked a bit heavy handed until I saw through the fence and realised there were probably thousands of people milling around out there in varying states

There were some lads bragging in the High Cross last night about the carnage they had caused in the Torch. One of them apparantly was goading a driver to run him over and threw a beer through his window and another said he was about to set fire to the toilets until someone else walked in and caught him.
 What the **** is wrong with some people?

4 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

There were some lads bragging in the High Cross last night about the carnage they had caused in the Torch. One of them apparantly was goading a driver to run him over and threw a beer through his window and another said he was about to set fire to the toilets until someone else walked in and caught him.

Lack of brain cells is is the usual cause. Abit like the idiot who set of a blue smoke bomb behind the goal at kick off and then launched it at a steward with his back to them. Just general cvntish behaviour.

This is like reading the Everton post match comments again; Drunken yobs starting on our own fans, stealing of gifts left out in the stands, criticisms of UFS and there love of flares. 

The last 2 games (Everton & Utd) have highlighted some real concerns over the behaviour of our own fans, I'm sure this hasn't gone unnoticed by the cub either.

It's a shame as we used to be a decent family club which is now being spoilt by a small, but increasing number of people. 

I witnessed some utterly cvntish behavior on Sunday. But in the interests of balance, it is worth noting that that vast majority of people did not behave in a way as to affect the enjoyment of others. It is also refreshing that posters here are condeming it.

I also saw a United fan as we walked back to the station after the game openly goading a bloke who was walking hand in hand with his kids. The United fan was "giving it the biggun" because they had won. The City fan responded with a friendly "we won the league mate", only to be greeted wiith a barage of abuse "we've won the fcuker twenty times you fat cvnt"

I was outside the torch and noticed it went from good natured to ugly very quickly. I met a mate who went on fox travel and he arrived at 11.30 . That's 4 and a half hours boozing time before the game . He's generally a quiet sort of Bloke  , but he ended up chucking beer at passing united fans and goading them on Olympic way. Fookin embarrassing .

28 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

That's horrendous. Do these people really think it's cool? The fact that you heard them bragging about it aswell proves my earlier point that although some keep saying it's because they were pissed up it wasn't. These ***** are *****, went with the intention of being ***** and didn't care who was affected by their cunty behaviour. Alcahol pr not they were still gping to act like massive twats. 

I am aware however giving them beer is ofcourse going to make them slightly more twatish. But only because they wanted to act like it in the first place. It's amazing how many 1000's also had loads of beer and didn't think setting fire to the toilets was cool. Or fighting fellow foxes fans. 

Edit: Fortunately I wasn't in the Torch I was at the premier in where as far as I'm aware there was no trouble at all. Infact it all seemed very friendly. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That's horrendous. Do these people really think it's cool? The fact that you heard them bragging about it aswell proves my earlier point that although some keep saying it's because they were pissed up it wasn't. These ***** are *****, went with the intention of being ***** and didn't care who was affected by their cunty behaviour. Alcahol pr not they were still gping to act like massive twats. 

I am aware however giving them beer is ofcourse going to make them slightly more twatish. But only because they wanted to act like it in the first place. It's amazing how man 1000's also had loads of beer and didn't think setting fire to the toilets was cool. Or fighting fellow foxes fans. 

Being drunk is no excuse, as you say.

I've been "leathered" more times than I care to remember (not so much these days though) and have done some stupid things. But I've never lobbed a bottle/can/glass at someone (or where someone could be). Nor have I ever set fire to anything in a pub. Or thrown beer over someones car. Or blocked the road by standing in front of a car. Or shouted abuse at a bloke who was taking his kids to the match...

The only reason our roadblocking friend and his beer chucking mates didn't get nicked was becuase the police knew it would only inflame the situation and make everything worse.

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I am aware however giving them beer is ofcourse going to make them slightly more twatish. But only because they wanted to act like it in the first place. It's amazing how man 1000's also had loads of beer and didn't think setting fire to the toilets was cool. Or fighting fellow foxes fans.

Exactly, beer or not these people wanted to behave like dickheads and were going to.

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

This is like reading the Everton post match comments again; Drunken yobs starting on our own fans, stealing of gifts left out in the stands, criticisms of UFS and there love of flares. 

The last 2 games (Everton & Utd) have highlighted some real concerns over the behaviour of our own fans, I'm sure this hasn't gone unnoticed by the cub either.

It's a shame as we used to be a decent family club which is now being spoilt by a small, but increasing number of people. 

Don't know who threw the smoke bomb in the torch, but it was from a group near the decking area near the front of the pub.

Their defence will probably be it was out, but it hit a young girl in the face stood near me, no need to be throwing anything in a pub full of families.

Never been one for grassing, but it's time they took some responsibility for their actions, smoke bombs look ok, but once they get thrown in a built up area, that crosses the line, and is bang out of order.

Would be interesting to see how many arrests were made on the day, because the police seemed content on the soft approach, and I saw plenty of things, that should have resulted in people being locked up, or at least refused entry, and like they do in town centres, when anti social behaviour happens, they ban them from the area, for 24 hours.

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Would be interesting to see how many arrests were made on the day, because the police seemed content on the soft approach, and I saw plenty of things, that should have resulted in people being locked up, or at least refused entry, and like they do in town centres, when anti social behaviour happens, they ban them from the area, for 24 hours.

The police don't enforce the law anymore, they are pointless, they try and talk to people intent on causing trouble, they turn a blind eye to drug taking and all sorts of public order offences (swearing, nudity etc) go completely unpunished. Who decided they do this I have no idea but I'd like to know who is responsible.

They will be helping burglars with ladders soon so they don't hurt themselves. I don't actually know what we pay them for anymore.

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The success has brought the balding fat Burberry crowd back and what's worse they have arrived back with children created by Satan himself ! 

Classic line one at the Everton game  gate 53/54 

rather fat ugly badly tattooed Lestah lass pushing past an Asian steward who stopped her 

lass "wot you doin you **** ? I'm proppa lestah not like you you ****"

asian steward "madam the only thing popper about you the fact your from the gutter , good bye" massive shove and off the cow went 

I bet she has never been to the KP 

4 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

The police don't enforce the law anymore, they are pointless, they try and talk to people intent on causing trouble, they turn a blind eye to drug taking and all sorts of public order offences (swearing, nudity etc) go completely unpunished. Who decided they do this I have no idea but I'd like to know who is responsible.

They will be helping burglars with ladders soon so they don't hurt themselves. I don't actually know what we pay them for anymore.

Oh shut up you complete spoon. Lock up everyone who swears at a football match and see where it gets you. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

16 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

It did get a bit out of hand outside The Torch about 14:00. We were at the far end of the garden on the raised bit so I could see quite a lot of what was going on over the fence, I saw the Police horses come in and quite a lot got thrown at them from both inside and outside the fence. 

On the subject of the smoke bombs, I don't really get the point of letting one off in the pub before the game. On a large scale in Europe it looks incredible but when you light one that you bought off ebay in a beer garden you look a bit of a prat. Especially when the people who let them off have an infatuation with throwing them halfway through. One got thrown in our direction by the group down on the decking. 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh shut up you complete spoon. Lock up everyone who swears at a football match and see where it gets you. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The police's job is to enforce the law, whether you like it or not. The idea of "it's a football match so we don't" is probably the reason why we see things like we did Saturday.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It did get a bit out of hand outside The Torch about 14:00. We were at the far end of the garden on the raised bit so I could see quite a lot of what was going on over the fence, I saw the Police horses come in and quite a lot got thrown at them from both inside and outside the fence. 

On the subject of the smoke bombs, I don't really get the point of letting one off in the pub before the game. On a large scale in Europe it looks incredible but when you light one that you bought off ebay in a beer garden you look a bit of a prat. Especially when the people who let them off have an infatuation with throwing them halfway through. One got thrown in our direction by the group down on the decking. 

I had fortunately gone by then but you could tell it was going to get out of hand, people were given the go ahead to behave like complete morons and they took it with both hands.

2 hours ago, claude_leic said:

It's pretty funny how outraged people have got over this. A few people had to stand up for 90 minutes at Leicester's first cup final at the new Wembley. You would have thought that these people had been denied entry at the turnstyle. What next? Maybe for the next Wembley outing, they might have to stay after the game for a trophy celebration and miss their pre-booked train !!!!

Whilst i do have sympathy for the extreme minority of people who had kids or struggle to stand, my sympathy ends there, as I have had countless experiences at away games with completely unreasonable and angry individuals demanding that everybody in front of them sits down (even in some instances reporting people to stewards). It was a one off minor inconvenience and you will be able to sit down for the rest of the season at the King Power Stadium. At our away games 90% of the people stand (it's 100% at pretty much every other club) so it can't be much of a surprise that there was some standing at Wembley (surely only about 15% of our fans were standing). 

I'm sure there were just the same problems in the United end behind the goal. Oh wait...

Some people are just so desperate to be seen as European ultras. They just make themselves look like complete bellends. A bit like that lot from palace. 

2 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

The police's job is to enforce the law, whether you like it or not. The idea of "it's a football match so we don't" is probably the reason why we see things like we did Saturday.

I would rather the police be there to deal with any serious violence than get tied up with stupid, moronic idiots that can't handle their drink. You really don't think things would have escalated if the limited police had swooped in? All their mates get involved and suddenly you have a mini riot on your hands because someone can't keep their mouth shut.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But no one can cite any confirmed reports of 'aggressivity' from Sunday, just speculation. And if you think UFS are the cause of bad language at the football then we really are wasting our time lol

Yes they can,read my post from late Sunday evening,all very nasty and embarrassing.Many others have quoted what they wines send also so no idea what you are referring to.

Archived