Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Hull City 2-1 Leicester City - Results & Man of the Match

Remember this results thread is still part of the trial, so if you want to see it continue for the remainder of the season then discuss as if there were more posts in the MOTM vote then I will take that to be people prefer just voting for a man of the match with no ratings analysis..... 230 votes is below what we were averaging last season though

Saturday 13 August 2016, 12:30
Barclays Premier League
KCOM Stadium, Hull

Hull City 2
Diomande 45', Snodgrass 57'

Leicester City 1
Mahrez 47'

Total Votes: 230

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Ahmed Musa

1. Ahmed Musa : 5.98
  2. (SUB) Shinji Okazaki : 5.90
  3. Danny Drinkwater : 5.71
  4. Christian Fuchs : 5.36
  5. (SUB) Daniel Amartey : 4.89
  6. Danny Simpson : 4.77
  7. Demarai Gray : 4.66
  8. Kasper Schmeichel : 4.59
  9. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 4.56
  10. Riyad Mahrez : 4.39
  11. Wes Morgan : 4.29
  12. Jamie Vardy : 4.24
  13. Luis Hernandez : 4.06
  14. Andy King : 3.67

Team Performance: 4.79 (1/1)

Manager Performance: 4.85 (1/1)

Opposition Performance: 6.55 (1/1)

Officials Performance (Ref: Mike Dean): 5.16 (1/1)

Overall Manager Confidence: 91.86% (-0.61%) [This decrease in manager confidence has been compared to last season's result against Chelsea]

Guest CityFan 06

Find that harsh on King but there you go. Agree with MOTOM Musa though, he was about our best player who created a majority of our chances. Also thought Okazaki was good when he came on so agree with that too.

1 hour ago, DB11 said:

Remember this results thread is still part of the trial, so if you want to see it continue for the remainder of the season then discuss as if there were more posts in the MOTM vote then I will take that to be people prefer just voting for a man of the match with no ratings analysis..... 230 votes is below what we were averaging last season though

That's because we lost but I'm sure we didn't get 230 motm ratings did we?

TBH it seems obvious that you don't want to run this anymore, does it take a lot of time? Could someone else do it?

I'm pretty sure that everyone checks out these rankings even if they don't post whereas in motm we often put what we think without wading through everyone elses's.

If you really don't want to do it , just stop as the posts have sounded like being held to ransom.

just to finish. 

Thanks for doing them last year and thanks for this one. I personally find them the most interesting and interactive threads on the whole board.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

That's because we lost but I'm sure we didn't get 230 motm ratings did we?

TBH it seems obvious that you don't want to run this anymore, does it take a lot of time? Could someone else do it?

I'm pretty sure that everyone checks out these rankings even if they don't post whereas in motm we often put what we think without wading through everyone elses's.

If you really don't want to do it , just stop as the posts have sounded like being held to ransom.

just to finish. 

Thanks for doing them last year and thanks for this one. I personally find them the most interesting and interactive threads on the whole board.

No I want to do it but Mark would prefer not because he thinks that there are not enough posts this way so I need the evidence to convince him it does generate posts and discussion and traffic to the site :)

Same reason that the chat room was stopped - people stopped posting in the match threads and just talking in the chat room instead.

2 minutes ago, DB11 said:

No I want to do it but Mark would prefer not because he thinks that there are not enough posts this way so I need the evidence to convince him it does generate posts and discussion and traffic to the site :)

Same reason that the chat room was stopped - people stopped posting in the match threads and just talking in the chat room instead.

Great.

So if I post rubbish and get people talking we'll keep it?

Perhaps I should compare Andy King's performance to Cambiasso's 2 seasons ago.

21 minutes ago, DB11 said:

That's a nonsense. Does Mark get paid per post or something?

I vote every week and then check back for the results, I don't feel the need to comment. We have thousands of other threads for that purpose, this thread offers something different and I probably engage with the most.

11 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

That's a nonsense. Does Mark get paid per post or something?

I vote every week and then check back for the results, I don't feel the need to comment. We have thousands of other threads for that purpose, this thread offers something different and I probably engage with the most.

I'm not sure why he's said that as it isn't the case. It's mainly false votes due to anyone being able to vote not just us on the forum, and the poll not fitting into the forum properly (on a mobile). If I'm alone with finding that annoying it's fine by me, I felt the MOTM poll worked well and also only counted forum user votes but I've always enjoyed these player ratings so no problem with it continuing.

Keep it up, I couldn't face the post match thread so this gives me an idea of the levels of incompetence on display on Saturday, I couldn't watch the game (family commitments) and had it all set to watch when I got home, then I saw the result and just deleted it off the planner.

The eternal optimist in me says this is the best thing that could have happened and it will wake the boys up to the fact we were the champions and now we start from scratch again and we will have to fight for every point this season, no resting on laurels. 

I didn't vote, mainly because I felt that I didn't watch the match with the proper concentration and focus to accurately judge the players. I don't disagree with the groupthink after seeing the ratings, however. 

Please know that I think I speak for many when I say that I enjoy these threads and I hope that they continue. 

Musa, Drinkwater and Okazaki were the only 3 players I would rate. The others were bystanders or individuals not thinking team at all. I'll give the other subs a break going into a horrible blend of players attitudes.

4 hours ago, DB11 said:

8. Kasper Schmeichel : 4.59

11. Wes Morgan : 4.29

14. Luis Hernandez : 4.06

Can someone explain this to me?  Hernandez was not worse than Schmeichel. Nor Morgan, imo.

I even watched the first half back again (will do the 2nd half later tonight), and I cannot see why people have been criticizing him so much. He did well most times he had to do something.

Yes, he doesn't have a great understanding with Morgan, but if anything, that is the manager's fault for not playing them together in pre-season at all. Claudio knew Huth would be suspended, Huth will probably be suspended again in the season. If the Hernandez and Morgan partnership wasn't great, then Claudio should have played Was.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Fuchs 4th with 5.36, apart from his chance he had an absolute mare, by far his worst game in a Leicester shirt.

Anybody who thinks King was worse than Hernandez, should be banned.

Harsh on Fuchs who had to cover Gray too. He looks fit and sharp. I do recall that his tackling and interception stats were second only to Kante last season. We may need that.

Fuchs and Albrighton had a great understanding last season, Fuchs and Gray won't have that yet, and Gray's defensive work is not as good as Albrighton's. 

When I saw the line up I thought wow pre game in hindsight I'm thinking you can't have Mahrez and Gray on the flanks, no cover for full backs, Musa and Vardy are great, but they don't have they understanding of Vardy and Shinji, as much as I think Shinji can be upgraded on Musa is too like Vardy.

King and Drinkwater rarely work together in a 2 King and Drinkwater look great next to Kante. Mendy has been bought to play the Kante role, he must start against Arsenal unless he isn't fit.

Last season we were a team built on partnerships. Morgan and Huth, Fuchs and Albrighton, Drinkwater and Kante, Vardy and Shinji. We started on Saturday without any of those partnerships in place. One was enforced but the others were a choice from Claudio. Hopefully he will have learnt for Saturday Huth, Albrighton, Shinji and Mendy in, as close to the title winning side as possible.

I don't class Mahrez and Simpson as a partnership Hernandez, Kaputska, Gray could come in on the right.

Archived