Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Team meeting?

I often find criticising recent form for the worst performers and saying you have faith in a couple of the poor performers sometimes gives them a bit of confidence back.

Yeah I did that! Seemed to work atm. Two wins and a draw so back up to 4th.

Good stuff.

Does it make a difference when you choose to have a senior player tutor a youngster?

So, if I choose a player to tutor someone during the season, are they likely to learn more because they're playing more? As opposed to towards the end of the season when the tutoring is going to go through the close-season and in to June/July. My assistant sent me the Player Development Advice Summary in mid-May just before the last game of the season which is why it's made me think as I've never took that much notice of when I've done tutoring before.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Good stuff.

Does it make a difference when you choose to have a senior player tutor a youngster?

So, if I choose a player to tutor someone during the season, are they likely to learn more because they're playing more? As opposed to towards the end of the season when the tutoring is going to go through the close-season and in to June/July. My assistant sent me the Player Development Advice Summary in mid-May just before the last game of the season which is why it's made me think as I've never took that much notice of when I've done tutoring before.

Tutoring raises hidden stats and determination. It's good to tutor players with balanced personalities with professional personalities like professional;, fairly professional, resolute etc because with better professionalism they train better and their attributes will go up quicker

14 hours ago, Wookie said:

Tutoring raises hidden stats and determination. It's good to tutor players with balanced personalities with professional personalities like professional;, fairly professional, resolute etc because with better professionalism they train better and their attributes will go up quicker

yep, realise that. just wondering if it made a difference of when you tutor them.

The inconsistency is pissing me off now. Last 10 games I've won 1, drew 6, lost 3. I don't concede many goals (most of my defeats are 0-1) but I don't score either. Don't even look like scoring. Played 29, scored 25, conceded 29.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:37, RonnieTodger said:

Started off alright with West Ham. You dont get much money, so I sold Diafra Sakho for £11m and brought in Leigh Griffiths for £6m. 

He's scored 3 hat-tricks in 6 games lol

Griffiths signed for Leicester in my Middlesborough save, scored 18 in his first season and then they dropped him to the reserves and he went to Burnley for 1.2m 

it made no sense! 

Absolutely battered it. Finished as Champions ahead of FC Basel by 21 points and lost two games all season. 

Also knocked Bayern out of the Champions League 1st Knockout round on away goals, before being shafted by Barcelona in the quarters.

Been given £40m to rebuild my FC Wil side, as I've sold 3 wonderkids who wanted to "move to bigger clubs" to some of the big guns, each for £15m plus.

Got an enticing job offer at the end of the season, but turned it down... Holding out for a German side to come in for me.

Screen_Shot_2017_01_15_at_9_02_21_PM.png

On 15/01/2017 at 13:28, Firegrande said:

Just finished 4th with Everton, really enjoying this save, brought some brilliant youngsters through.

My second game after incredibly long first was Everton, enjoyed first season but stalled a little in second, can't get Lukaku firing either! 

You're right though some quality youth.

Moved on to Southampton now and enjoying that save :) hopefully will go as well as the first! Still can't believe i went to 2026 in my first save, never ever happened. 

41 minutes ago, AjcW said:

My second game after incredibly long first was Everton, enjoyed first season but stalled a little in second, can't get Lukaku firing either! 

You're right though some quality youth.

Into my 3rd season now, and just won the FA Cup

Lukaku is wank and will be sold in the summer- got my eye on Andre Silva 

Came second with Middlesborough, 1 point off Man Utd! :@ 

I was given a tiny budget of 25mil, I asked for more..... Chairman said no, so I leaked it to the press and got sacked....... lol

Decided to go to China, Where Ronaldo is playing for the team I took over Guangzhou FC, but he's out for 7 months with a broken leg!! :(

On 1/12/2017 at 10:43, RoboFox said:

I liked the social media thing initially, but I soon realised it get's very repetitive, quickly. It's usually two positive "posts," one negative. E.g. If I sign someone, it's two people saying essentially "great signing" and one saying "don't know what all the fuss is all about" and it's a pattern that the game likes to repeat, A LOT.

Some of it's ludicrous as well. "I hate this" when a 17 year old signs a contract on £200 a week? lollol 

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

You should still be able to, the functionality hasn't been removed.

yeah i can do it when making subs, just all other times, tried reloading the skin, clearing the cache, everything short of reinstalling, which i wont do obvioulsy

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

You should still be able to, the functionality hasn't been removed.

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

yeah i can do it when making subs, just all other times, tried reloading the skin, clearing the cache, everything short of reinstalling, which i wont do obvioulsy

Is the issue not more with how crazy precise you have to be with it this season? And the fact that a lot of positions have been cut (wide strikers for example) I find I have to hover over exact for it to work and sometimes have to try a couple of times! Annoying. 

Southampton is at least enjoyably realistic lol Fonte/Van Dijk and Bertrand all want out, managed to persuade VanD to stick it out and get Champo qualification. Sacked the other two off in january because I hate winge bags!

Another issue is i'm playing very successfully with a Diamond, but this has lead to me being able to use Redmond and Boufal... which is proving tricky to keep them happy! 

4th in January though so pretty pleased. 

Archived