Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Give it ago mate. It's a difficult start but I found with some funds in Jan and a few loans it's a fun save. Chris O'grady is mad lol

I had a save with them last year, managed to win the play offs first season but the squad was terrible so we can straight back down and I lost interested. The facilities are great but the youth coaching and youth recruitment  are poor so it'll take a while to produce decent players. 

Started with San Marino, stayed for 2 years without winning a game! my best result was a 1-1 draw with Northern Ireland. 

I then went to Bilbao for 6 months before being offered the Middlesborough job in March, Kept then in the PL by 2 points.

Summer 2019 I got a budget of 46m, sold a few players to make it up to 80ish.

Bought in:

Lemar (Monaco) 28m

Kiko Casilla (R Madrid) 3m

Marlon (Fluminese) 7.5m 

Emre Mor (Everton) 20m

Coleman ('' '') 6m

Barkley ('' '') 7m

Fierro (Chivas) 3.2m

Toprak (Leverkuen) 10m

Everton went down and all of their squad put in transfer requests.

Fierro has been on fire! 20 Pl games, 23 goals! still one of my favourite players on this game!

20 games in and I'm in 4th, 4 points off first. who knows! i may get champions league football with Middlesborough

Haven't got 17 but got excited when I heard that there was a social media element now in the game. After further investigation though it looks a bit rubbish.

Does anybody think it would be a good idea to have a fans forum implemented on the game where you could go on and see what the fans are talking about? It'd be literally like a AI foxestalk where you'd get fans who knew their stuff, idiots and trolls just like the real world.

They'd have to be careful they didn't program this to be really repetitive but I think it would be fun if done well. 

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Haven't got 17 but got excited when I heard that there was a social media element now in the game. After further investigation though it looks a bit rubbish.

Does anybody think it would be a good idea to have a fans forum implemented on the game where you could go on and see what the fans are talking about? It'd be literally like a AI foxestalk where you'd get fans who knew their stuff, idiots and trolls just like the real world.

They'd have to be careful they didn't program this to be really repetitive but I think it would be fun if done well. 

I like the social media aspect, it's like reading FT

In my game I'm now stealing a living at Celta Vigo. got a payrise too :) They were relegated from La Liga, and have a strong squad for Liga 123, Raheem Sterling has agreed to stay, but he's 30 now, and we are over FFP so if someone bids, he's going. Hopefully I caan get back to winning ways, Have had coaches and scouts follow me over, And I brought in my old ass man from NY Red Bulls.

I don't know why, but i'm really struggling to get into the game this year. I've had all the previous editions, and have been playing various different football management games ever since Premier Manager on the Mega Drive. 

I've played different saves with Leicester, Burton, Hearts & Tenerife - with varying degrees of success, but i haven't been able to enjoy it as much. I used to spend all my spare time playing FM games in the past. Anyone else got this problem?

Got promoted to the Vanarama national by the play offs, 3rd from bottom at christmas after thinking we could get a mid table finish, about to get the sack if I cant get 9 points from 5 games. Tried every formation possible but the players just switch off and stop trying at least 3 times and game which leads to us conceeding. We aren't even being battered, just think our first season back in the prem and that is my save currently.

On 1/9/2017 at 09:38, Beliall said:

I like the social media aspect, it's like reading FT

In my game I'm now stealing a living at Celta Vigo. got a payrise too :) They were relegated from La Liga, and have a strong squad for Liga 123, Raheem Sterling has agreed to stay, but he's 30 now, and we are over FFP so if someone bids, he's going. Hopefully I caan get back to winning ways, Have had coaches and scouts follow me over, And I brought in my old ass man from NY Red Bulls.

I liked the social media thing initially, but I soon realised it get's very repetitive, quickly. It's usually two positive "posts," one negative. E.g. If I sign someone, it's two people saying essentially "great signing" and one saying "don't know what all the fuss is all about" and it's a pattern that the game likes to repeat, A LOT.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I liked the social media thing initially, but I soon realised it get's very repetitive, quickly. It's usually two positive "posts," one negative. E.g. If I sign someone, it's two people saying essentially "great signing" and one saying "don't know what all the fuss is all about" and it's a pattern that the game likes to repeat, A LOT.

Yes I noticed that as well, however it's a good resource to gauge what they think about selling or buying players. I like to keep the fans onside.

10 hours ago, RoboFox said:

my favourite one was this:

Sunil Parmar_  Social Feed.png

Drinkwater recovers from a broken leg. Look at Lacey's comment lollol 

Booted up my Bournemouth save ... Callum Wilson is absolute beast mode. He's on 26 from 19. Josh King and Afobe have joined in adding a respectable amount between them. As per every football manager Ive played I can't defend to save my life I just out score the opposition. Anyone looking for a quick profit should take a look at Rodrigo Betencour (spelling) can be got for a million or three and goes for 25 after 18 months. He's been my go to for every save. 

I I love this game as its not intense like Fifa. I can just sit and chill and have this in the background or Summat. Doesn't need micro management. 

8 hours ago, Firegrande said:

How the **** do you keep a clean sheet on this? Impossible!

On another note, West Ham won the league and Simone Zaza is an absolute beast.

it's your system 

Season was going so well. Top of the league and fewest conceded. 

Now only won 1 in 8 and have slipped to 6th. Can't seem to turn the players around.

Next fixtures aren't looking winnable either.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Season was going so well. Top of the league and fewest conceded. 

Now only won 1 in 8 and have slipped to 6th. Can't seem to turn the players around.

Next fixtures aren't looking winnable either.

Team meeting?

I often find criticising recent form for the worst performers and saying you have faith in a couple of the poor performers sometimes gives them a bit of confidence back.

Archived