Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

Just scored a late equaliser vs Watford (30 seconds of stoppage time still to play) in the league cup semi second leg (won first leg 1-0). Immediately switched tactics to contain and time wasting. No more highlights before FT, so it's not been able to load my tactics and is just stuck waiting for next highlight. Go on holiday greyed out so I can't force the game forward. Had to quit out and start again :dry:

Came 2nd in the aforementioned title race but won the Europa League against Utd. 

Played Real Madrid in the Super Cup just before season begins. Managed to get 4-1 up by HT. Make it 5-1 just after HT. My right back gets sent off. Have to go defensive. Real Madrid pile men forward and by 75th minute they've got it pulled back to 5-4. Went to counter and scored to make it 6-4. Thought I was going to throw away a 4-goal lead lollol 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Bournemouth? Wigan? Barnsley?

I'd consider Rotherham a bigger surprise than any of them to be honest. The former two had investment and Barnsley are a bit bigger I think.

Millwall as well actually is a bit of a turn up. They're a small club.

Got Villa promoted at the first time of asking into the Premier League. Won the title with 103 points; total breeze.

I know what type of players to sign etc.

My question: anyone give me tips for a newly promoted club going into the Premier League? (it will be my first time on this FM). It seems the top PL clubs are miles ahead with their players. I've got £50 million budget ... 

Last season I played Man City away in the League Cup, lost 6v0. Then lost 2v1 away to Leicester in the FA Cup (a very good top 7 Leicester team, I might add!).

15 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Got Villa promoted at the first time of asking into the Premier League. Won the title with 103 points; total breeze.

I know what type of players to sign etc.

My question: anyone give me tips for a newly promoted club going into the Premier League? (it will be my first time on this FM). It seems the top PL clubs are miles ahead with their players. I've got £50 million budget ... 

Last season I played Man City away in the League Cup, lost 6v0. Then lost 2v1 away to Leicester in the FA Cup (a very good top 7 Leicester team, I might add!).

I like to go through the season stats from the previous PL/Championship campaign , look at the players who had a decent season and go from there! 

Also you've just made me think hmm i wouldn't mind doing a villa save ha 

Ive decided to go way down the leagues for a long term save that ill keep running until the new game comes out.

Im managing Wealdstone in the Vanarama South.

Only ever gone as low as this once, when i managed Solihull Moors.

I forgot how silly some of the writing in this game is, tbh, @Ricey.

Don't get me wrong, I've been playing for ten years or more and I just bought the new one and I'm enjoying it, so clearly I like it.

But I'll give you an example: young player plays ten games, has reasonable potential, sure, but nobody actually interested at the moment.

Asks to leave. I say no, there's not even any offers, don't know why we're discussing it.

He seriously responds (and I've had this numerous times in the last version) "that's why I'm talking to you, I thought you could offer me out". lol

Yeah we're top of the league on a promotion charge but I'm going to chuck you in my car myself and take you up to Old Trafford for a try out. **** sakes.

If it was his agent in the social media feeds or something then you'd think, alright, whatever. But cmon. Who on earth dreamt that up?

Spot on with how tedious and repetitive the press conferences are, especially the questions where the journey bring up something you said in the past and then you can reply with the exact same thing you said before lol

Sorry to like jump in after 19 pages, but is FM 17 worth it? I've been an FM addict for 10 years, but nothing has topped FM14/15 so far for me. Played 16 a fair bit but never really got into that real crack habit vibe that I've had in previous years.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I never warn for bad performances, not sure why it's even in the game, stupid feature. Imagine getting fined for scoring an own goal or something.

Just have a private chat with them and tell them they need to improve next time.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh and 6.1 is bad but it's not awful. It's possible to get ratings as low as 3.5-4 if you're getting hammered.

Discipline for a 6.1? I'm with the ai here, that's you being daft not the game.

it's not just scoring an own goal though. I have chats as well when their performances are good and bad. Encouraging them or criticising them depending on their form.

I've never had a rating as low as 3.5 or 4.0ish for any player in my team but have seen it for others. It was only a warning anyway lol. His form had been poor, I'd chat with him previously saying he needs to perform better. Over a period of games, he hasn't improved. I issued a warning for poor performance and being at fault for some goals. Don't think it's that daft or out of the ordinary lol 

Archived