Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

54 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I'd be looking at Keane from Burnley as a long term CB, he's progressed well and I was impressed with him when he was on loan here a few years ago. In terms of CM, I'd probably be looking at Silva, Capoue or N'Zonzi.

Keane might be out of our reach now sadly. Dyche absolutely hates us and bigger clubs will be in the mix. Can't see them letting him go in Jan unless it's close to £30m (yikes).

Nzonzi is smashing it at Sevilla sitting 2nd in La Liga, I can't see him leaving until next Summer. Silva possible if he recovers from surgery OK and SP don't hold us to ransom (again).

Watford will not sell Capoue IMO.

Harry Arter is a possibility, very composed on the ball, excellent work ethic, defensively minded and left footed - which would complement Drinkwater very well (being right footed). 

Paredes I'd still go for again, all the attributes required and a major upgrade on King and Amartey.

Brozovic, we should leave alone now. He's an absolute head case, gambling issues and has agro with authority (again this season with de Boer).

No doubt we'll have new targets with Macia at the helm. 

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I honestly don't think ours is purely a height issue. Our average height has gone up since last season. It's poor organisation that's done it, if you look at a lot of the goals, it's more failure to do the basics that concerns me as opposed to height.

I agree, it's not purely a height issue now that we've got Slimani and Amartey starting games but earlier last season it definitely seemed to be. I'm still unsure if we do zonal or man marking. You look at that first goal vs Chelsea and it's beggars belief what Morgan is up to, I had to double check he wasn't playing Pokémon.

4 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Keane might be out of our reach now sadly. Dyche absolutely hates us and bigger clubs will be in the mix. Can't see them letting him go in Jan unless it's close to £30m (yikes).

Nzonzi is smashing it at Sevilla sitting 2nd in La Liga, I can't see him leaving unil next Summer. Silva possible if he recovers from surgery OK and SP don't hold us to ransom (again).

Harry Arter is a possibility, very composed on the ball, excellent work ethic, defensively minded and left footed - which would complement Drinkwater very well (being right footed). 

Paredes I'd still go for again, all the attributes required and a major upgrade on King and Amartey.

Brozovic, we should leave alone now. He's an absolute head case, gambling issues and has agro with authority (again this season with de Boer).

No doubt we'll have new targets with Marcia at the helm. 

Agree on all those. I think it is becoming near impossible for a Premier League team out of the top 4 or 5 "big clubs" to be able to buy from other Premier League Clubs who don't want to sell. Keane would take a ridiculous amount of money, definitely the £30 million suggested, unless they were relegated and we could maybe cut that by £10million. 

N'zonzi probably won't leave a club riding high as you said and a lot of 'Ifs' surrounding Silva still, the biggest being whether they will ever let him leave. 

Luckily we have the core of a great squad, with many attacking players and many with lots of mileage still on the clock. In midfield we are only short one top CM. Defence certainly needs addressing, but a quality, young RB and CB could certainly fill the void for this season and the next, which is certainly achievable over January and the summer. 

23 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Nzonzi is smashing it at Sevilla sitting 2nd in La Liga, I can't see him leaving until next Summer. Silva possible if he recovers from surgery OK and SP don't hold us to ransom (again).

No doubt we'll have new targets with Macia at the helm. 

:nigel:

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

:nigel:

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Silva, Paredes or Schneiderlin,

but they will be extremely hard and very costly to prise away. Arter is an upgrade, at this moment in time on King & Amartey IMO. Who would you go for in CM, that realistically we could prise away in Jan?

4 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Silva, Paredes or Schneiderlin,

but they will be extremely hard and very costly to prise away. Arter is an upgrade, at this moment in time on King & Amartey IMO. Who would you go for in CM, that realistically we could prise away in Jan?

Harry Arter isn't an upgrade. Bournemouth would rip your arm off if we offered Kingy or Amartey.

I'd personally go and chuck 25/30m at United for Ander Herrera but I strongly doubt that they'd accept that.

Silva is the one that we'll go for and I agree that Schneiderlin would suit us too.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Harry Arter isn't an upgrade. Bournemouth would rip your arm off if we offered Kingy or Amartey.

I'd personally go and chuck 25/30m at United for Ander Herrera but I strongly doubt that they'd accept that.

Silva is the one that we'll go for and I agree that Schneiderlin would suit us too.

I asked for a realistic CM target, not mentioned, that would come here in Jan, and you come up with Ander Herrera?!

I'm done.

3 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I asked for a realistic CM target, not mentioned, that would come here in Jan, and you come up with Ander Herrera?!

I'm done.

Eh?

You asked who I'd go for and I said Herrera but you asked if it was realistic and I said it wasn't.

My last shit would do better in CM than Harry ****ing Arter.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Eh?

You asked who I'd go for and I said Herrera but you asked if it was realistic and I said it wasn't.

My last shit would do better in CM than Harry ****ing Arter.

Let's see what Bournemouth fans think, they've probably seen a bit more of him than you:claudio:

3 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Let's see what Bournemouth fans think, they've probably seen a bit more of him than you:claudio:

They probably think he's a ****ing wizard.

But at the end of the day, he's Bournemouth's wizard.

I bet I'd do well at Bournemouth.

Archived