Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

17 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Thought I'd start it off with us apparently eyeing up a January move for Capoue http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/13/ss-report-leicester-city-interested-in-signing-watford-star-etie/

Can't see them selling one of their best players. Will be a Deeney situation and a waste of our time. English clubs are so rich now, they can ask crazy money for their players. Can see them demanding 30million or something equally ridiculous. Buying from other top European Leagues will be the only option soon. He would be a great addition though but just can't see it happening.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He is already playing in the CL so why would that be the motivation?

On the assumption that Sporting are knocked out, which is quite likely with them being in a group with Real Madrid & Dortmund (for all they did give Real a good game)

We definitely need a Midfielder, But what I can't understand is we bought Mendy to replace Kante alongside DD. We also have Amartey now showing real promise in the position and King. So my question is why do we need another defensive Midfielder in Silva That will be 5 players for 2 places.

I'd prefer if we concentrated our search for an Attacking Midfielder.

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

sporting will drop into the Europa league. will they want him to stay for that.

as far as where he would play for us?  too many are assuming that the way we play now is the way we will continue to play.  I am certain that Claudio wants to change this over the next 18 months.

That's what I reckon. I think eventually he'll want some more creativity and if that's the case Silva would be a fantastic addition. 

On 9/16/2016 at 03:21, surrifox said:

It looks like the Schluppmeister has been left out by the dustbins now 

yes officially - he is injury-listed... could he had a bust-up with the gaffer & is now permanently benched..??

maybe because he wants out with the recent demand for his signature?

16 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

We definitely need a Midfielder, But what I can't understand is we bought Mendy to replace Kante alongside DD. We also have Amartey now showing real promise in the position and King. So my question is why do we need another defensive Midfielder in Silva That will be 5 players for 2 places.

I'd prefer if we concentrated our search for an Attacking Midfielder.

We need to see how Amartey and Mendy develops. Either could become definite starters. Worth exploring options but don't want too many on the bench grumbling.

I would like to see a younger CB, and RB but am otherwise happy.

41 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

We need to see how Amartey and Mendy develops. Either could become definite starters. Worth exploring options but don't want too many on the bench grumbling.

I would like to see a younger CB, and RB but am otherwise happy.

I'd like a younger CB as well. Not right now because Huth and Morgan have more than earned their places, but we'll need one in medium- to long-term. It would be interesting to see how Hernandez fares or if he only really gets his chance at RB.

Van Dijk at Southampton would be a good prospect I think. The English club premium would apply, though.

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Van Dijk at Southampton would be a good prospect I think. The English club premium would apply, though.

He would be a great signing for almost every club in the league but would cost an absolute bomb to prise him away. 

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:19, Dan LCFC said:

I can't get my head around this Silva link. I read someone say the basis of him coming here in January would be CL football... would he not be cup tied?

I have said I have been told we have done a deal he's ours in January providing they are out of the CL. They won't let him leave if they are still in the CL.

Silva 100% for me to add to the creativity in the middle of the park.

Competition at right back for me is poor. I think we definitely need a right back but can't think of anyone who's realstic?

then a young centre back as I think this year will be the last for Was. I was impressed with Michael Keane yesterday especially in that first half, looked more than capable & has years ahead of him.

Did we settle on whether silva can play for us in CL knockout if Sporting get knocked out (or go into Europa League)

It looks to me like there is no way he can play for us having already played for Sporting in CL this season, but it looks bloody confusing and i think people either gave up, or my point is so obvious nobody mentioned it again?, (or it is obvious he can play for us, and i missed it completely)

Can someone confirm please, preferably a few saying the same thing, if people disagree i'll just be even more confused ;o)

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Competition at right back for me is poor. I think we definitely need a right back but can't think of anyone who's realstic?

In the summer transfer window I was hoping we'd go for Karsdorp from Feyenoord, his performance vs United solidified that opinion for me. Corchia from Lille is another RB I think would be a good fit.

Archived