Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Leicester in the race to sign 25 year old striker cafu from ludogorets, don't know if this is a ludicrous idea or not

I would say it is fvcking crazy idea if true. We need a CM possibly. A RB and one or 2 CB's all players good enough to play straight away not young ones for the future. At the rate we are going with wingers an forwards no one else will have any.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would say it is fvcking crazy idea if true. We need a CM possibly. A RB and one or 2 CB's all players good enough to play straight away not young ones for the future. At the rate we are going with wingers an forwards no one else will have any.

I've no problem in bringing in a striker or winger if they are better than what we have or young with great potential.

To do this though we have to make room for them by getting rid of current players rather than stockpiling, the way some people panicked on here because we might sell Ulloa or Schlupp in the summer was pitiful.

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've no problem in bringing in a striker or winger if they are better than what we have or young with great potential.

To do this though we have to make room for them by getting rid of current players rather than stockpiling, the way some people panicked on here because we might sell Ulloa or Schlupp in the summer was pitiful.

My point is more we have other problems to sort first.

Soccer Rumours are reporting that we are "back in" for Bruno Martins Indi in January.  He's obviously been on loan at Stoke from Porto - and done reasonably well.  I'm certain there WAS talk of us going afetr him in the summer, but nothing came of it - and I'm sure I have seen a photo of him (on the Sky Sports Fantasy Football website) in a Blue King Power shirt !  Has anyone else seen it ?  Was it a Photoshop job (most likely - but why are Sky putting such things out ?), or has he played for another club sponsored by KP (I can't think of one) - or did he really come for talks with us and we got a shot of him in our shirt, for the expected Press Release ?!

Anyway we desperately need a good young Centre Back (he's 24 - and an International) - I'd be happy.   

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=28&buying=22&selling=24&player=2&alias=1&bid=14

4 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Soccer Rumours are reporting that we are "back in" for Bruno Martins Indi in January.  He's obviously been on loan at Stoke from Porto - and done reasonably well.  I'm certain there WAS talk of us going afetr him in the summer, but nothing came of it - and I'm sure I have seen a photo of him (on the Sky Sports Fantasy Football website) in a Blue King Power shirt !  Has anyone else seen it ?  Was it a Photoshop job (most likely - but why are Sky putting such things out ?), or has he played for another club sponsored by KP (I can't think of one) - or did he really come for talks with us and we got a shot of him in our shirt, for the expected Press Release ?!

Anyway we desperately need a good young Centre Back (he's 24 - and an International) - I'd be happy.   

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=28&buying=22&selling=24&player=2&alias=1&bid=14

Wouldn't be a bad acquisition. Personally I think we need a few signings as some of the current players we have simply are not good enough. We're desperate for somebody who can link midfield to attack. We are clueless with the ball at times. We just lump it long to vardy every time and then loan he's not in good form. The service he has received recently has been awful.

16 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I have just been on the Sky Fantasy site - and BMI is now shown in a Stoke kit.  I looked a couple of weeks ago and swear I saw him in the Blue King Power shirt.  Has anyone else seen it - or was I dreaming !

The BT Sports Commentator on the Arsenal game last night, repeated the rumour that City were interested in signing the Ludogorets forward, Jonathan Cafu, in January ?  I checked up on him - and he's (another !) winger !  Wikipedia list him as a 25 year old Brazilian right winger - but he has only played half a season in First Division European football, in BULGARIA - and not been capped at any age level for Brazil !  Mind you, he was playing as the lone striker for Ludogorets last night - and has scored 12 goals in his 31 appearances for the club (mostly for their second string, but a few in the CL the last couple of months).  Sounds very unlikely though ?!  

I'd be more excited if we signed another Cafu - Lorient have a young Portugese lad called Carlos Cafu, who is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER - just what we want.  Signed by Lorient this summer, after 60 odd games for Vitoria Guimaraes in the Portugese First Division in the last two seasons (and a Portugese Under 20 International) - he's just 23 and is a big (6'1") lad !  One for the future - if we HAVE to sign a Cafu !  Perhaps it's him we're after and the Press have got the wrong one - we know how much City, scout and like players from the French League !

Short-term - CM a must in January. Silva the obvious choice or N'Zonzi. We have a history of tracking players for long time before finally signing them, so wouldn't be surprised if it is one of these two. 

Long-term - a RB and a CB or two. Keane would be decent but if Burnley stay up, we could have the same battle as in the Summer. Can also see a few teams (Everton of course!) after him now.

As long as no players leave, and players like Mendy, Hernandez and Amartey prove to be decent signings, then 3, maybe 4 signings should be all we need for a while, which is a good position to be in. 

Just now, les-tah said:

tall means nothing, look at kante. agree with rest of the sentence.

There's a train of thought that we need to increase the height of our team in general though to help improve our diabolical defending of set pieces.

Guest CityFan 06

I'd be looking at Keane from Burnley as a long term CB, he's progressed well and I was impressed with him when he was on loan here a few years ago. In terms of CM, I'd probably be looking at Silva, Capoue or N'Zonzi.

Jan Kirchhoff (Sunderland) might be a good buy. Originally signed as a CB but played quite a bit as a defensive midfielder - I seem to remember him having a great game against us up at their place last season. Injured at the moment - hamstring problem and reportedly out for another month which might scupper any potential deal. If fit he'd fit the bill

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a train of thought that we need to increase the height of our team in general though to help improve our diabolical defending of set pieces.

I honestly don't think ours is purely a height issue. Our average height has gone up since last season. It's poor organisation that's done it, if you look at a lot of the goals, it's more failure to do the basics that concerns me as opposed to height.

Archived