Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

19 minutes ago, Donut said:

Smalling would be an excellent signing but no way hes coming surely

I wouldnt mind looking at Fabian Delph tbh. Obviously Silva is the one though

Didn't we make a late move for Phil Jones? I could see us going back in for him. I think he'd be an excellent signing for us. Just needs some game time.

50 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I must be watching a different Smalling...

His performances for Utd over the years have been very good, yes he makes mistakes like many others do. This is the defender who Vardy in the form of his life last season said he's the best he's played against. 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Press in Italy saying Gabriel Barbosa unhappy at lack of opportunities at Inter and that we're on alert.

It begins again. lol

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/711604/Leicester-news-Gabriel-Barbosa-agent-transfer-Inter-Milan-exploited-over-contract

No thanks. We don't want anyone that 'used' us. He's on over 70k a week. And he doesn't want to join us.

Plus he will have the same lack of opportunities here. Don't need yet another young player kicking off about that, we've already got two doing that.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/711604/Leicester-news-Gabriel-Barbosa-agent-transfer-Inter-Milan-exploited-over-contract

No thanks. Don't want anyone that 'uses' us. And he doesn't want to join us.

Plus he will have the same lack of opportunities here. Don't need yet another young player kicking off about that, we've already got 2.

To be honest:

1. You have no idea he used us.

2. You have no idea he's kicking off.

3. You have no idea he'd lack opportunities here.

This story is most likely rubbish just as the stories linking him to us in the summer were rubbish. If he is unhappy at Inter, mind, I totally get why.

Nobody is happy at Inter atm, they're shit and their gaffer is about to be binned.

Are we seriously discussing Smalling as a possible transfer? Maybe towards his twilight years, but come on guys. There are a whole host of clubs ahead of us if he were to ever come available, which I doubt will happen for a while, if ever. On his day, he is Man U's best CB. Even Vardy rates him as the hardest CB he has ever faced.

I know we won the Premier League, but unfortunately, we still have to remain relatively realistic with our transfer targets. 

If we can hang on until the Summer, and we finish strongly (8th or above), then Keane would still be my main target. Young, English, and knows our club well. Would take either 25-30 Million or 18-20 Million if Burnley get relegated. A lot of money, but 25 million was last season's 15 and we have to come to terms with that, if we want to stay competitive in the league. 

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Didn't we make a late move for Phil Jones? I could see us going back in for him. I think he'd be an excellent signing for us. Just needs some game time.

Yep, I can see mileage in signing Phil Jones. Is he ever free from injury though?

Guest CityFan 06

Phil Jones would be a great addition to our defence. I could see it happening as well, quite a likely deal I reckon. 

Shame we didn't get keane, after establishing himself in the Premier League, surely his going to re valued at 30 plus due to him being the next England defender.

"Going back to Old Trafford was always going to be a big game for the former Manchester United kid, who has established himself as one of the best young central defenders in the division.

Helped, of course, by Tom Heaton's brilliant performance behind him, Keane continued his outstanding season by contributing more blocks and clearances than anybody else on the field.

He repeatedly put his body on the line and got the ball away from danger."

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah looking back Keane would've been a good signing for us, his development has been excellent. I still think we might go back in for him but it's just whether a - he wants to come, and b - the competition we may face for his signature, I think the big clubs could be in for him now too.

9 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Yeah looking back Keane would've been a good signing for us, his development has been excellent. I still think we might go back in for him but it's just whether a - he wants to come, and b - the competition we may face for his signature, I think the big clubs could be in for him too.

Had Burnley been doing a Sunderland we could perhaps put a bid in now. But as they look like they could stay up he is going nowhere without a huge fee. Perhaps 30/35m plus in January.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Shame we didn't get keane, after establishing himself in the Premier League, surely his going to re valued at 30 plus due to him being the next England defender.

"Going back to Old Trafford was always going to be a big game for the former Manchester United kid, who has established himself as one of the best young central defenders in the division.

Helped, of course, by Tom Heaton's brilliant performance behind him, Keane continued his outstanding season by contributing more blocks and clearances than anybody else on the field.

He repeatedly put his body on the line and got the ball away from danger."

Didnt man united get something like 37 shots in that game?

:whistle:

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

yes, but only 11 on target

Michael Keane 23, DC 0 3 12 6 0 8.61

12 clearances 

6 blocked shots

Dont get me wrong.. im not saying he is terrible and we shouldn't buy him or anything like that.... I just wouldn't have him down as a world class... yert! haha. It's just 37 shots is quite alot and the 0-0 probably reflects more on their inability to convert their chances than How welcome Burnley played... even though Keane and the Gk played quite well...

AC WANT 'ZAKI 

Leicester transfer news: Shinji Okazaki linked with a move to Serie A giants AC Milan

Japanese striker has featured ten times for Leicester so far this season despite the arrivals of Ahmed Musa and Islam Slimani

SHINJI OKAZAKI has been linked with a move to AC Milan despite featuring for Leicester on numerous occasions.

According to Italian news outlet Premium Sport, the Leicester striker is a target for the Serie A giants.

Okazaki now joins Chelsea stars Cesc Fabregas and Michy Batshuayi to be linked with a move to the San Siro.

Despite the arrival of Ahmed Musa and Islam Slimani, the Japan international has played ten times for Claudio Ranieri’s side out of their opening 15 fixtures this season.

It may take something special to tempt Okazaki away from the Premier League champions as he appears to still be a valuable member of the squad.

But AC Milan don’t seem to be put off by this and are reportedly keen to make a move for the hardworking striker.

On 18/10/2016 at 18:44, bald reynard said:

Soccer Rumours are reporting that we are "back in" for Bruno Martins Indi in January.  He's obviously been on loan at Stoke from Porto - and done reasonably well.  I'm certain there WAS talk of us going afetr him in the summer, but nothing came of it - and I'm sure I have seen a photo of him (on the Sky Sports Fantasy Football website) in a Blue King Power shirt !  Has anyone else seen it ?  Was it a Photoshop job (most likely - but why are Sky putting such things out ?), or has he played for another club sponsored by KP (I can't think of one) - or did he really come for talks with us and we got a shot of him in our shirt, for the expected Press Release ?!

Anyway we desperately need a good young Centre Back (he's 24 - and an International) - I'd be happy.   

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=28&buying=22&selling=24&player=2&alias=1&bid=14

Yep, there it is again tonight - the photo of Martins Indi in the Blue King Power City shirt is on the Sky Sports Team page of the Stoke / Swansea game - very clear.  The link is attached below.  He obviously DID have a photo taken - and it must have been in the summer.  All I can think, it that he was due to sign for us, we had a photoshoot for the Press Release and (for whatever reason) he didn't sign - and went out on loan to Stoke instead. 

As far as I know it is a Season Long Loan from Porto - with an option for Stoke to buy.  Whether we can buy him in January, is an issue - I guess there might be a clause in the Porto Loan agreement, for him to be sold prior to the Stoke loan ending ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/stoke-vs-swansea/teams/356430

Porto is hemorrhaging money and has to make up €116M and the obvious way to do that is player sales. Porto is listed on the Euronext Lisbon so their financials are publicly available.  So it's to be expected that the media are looking to put price tags and links on everyone they own, especially the ones that were linked last window and/or on loan.

Milan's Japanese player had a row with the fans saying they don't support the team during the hard times. Obvious result of that is obvious. So maybe they want a new token Japanese? Or maybe the media thinks they do?  We all know Shinji's the most popular Japanese player right now.

Archived