Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

So much of your recent comments on this subject are, for me, very much off-target. I certainly don't see Diabate making wrong decisions repeatedly - as you infer. In fact he makes fewer wrong decisions than Mahrez - who appears to be the yardstick at City for a creative midfielder. He consistently, by quick movement in restricted space, manages to create time and room for himself - in order to make telling passes to team mates - in particular he seems to be bringing Iheanacho into play where others aren't. Why should he go it alone - isn't this exactly what Gray is being criticised for - trying to make space for himself to take a shot on goal, when a pass would be the better option.

Gray is not as mature as Diabate yet it's still not yet time to think about 'cashing in' on him. What is your insistence on how much City are paying him? Mahrez is probably on 100% more yet wastes so much pitch time. I suspect it's only because he gets it so spectacularly right on occasion that more people aren't calling for him to be 'cashed in'.

It's the management's money to do with as they wish -  the biggest squad they can afford is surely the way most clubs in the Premier want it. Diabate was subbed for Gray on Wednesday and I was critcal of that until I learned that the former had been ill earlier in the week. Gray makes a useful sub. for Diabate at the moment. Given careful mentoring he could still come good. Patience with his potential could reap benefits in a couple of seasons. I don't think this his about his skill as much as his maturity.

Where diabate is concerned, it’s not a criticism of him as a player, I think he’s done well since being brought in, considering the reports stated he was brought for the development squad, and one for the future.

I just think he’s got the lot barring the end product, which your right comes with maturity.

I was using diabate as a comparison to gray, I’m excited to see how diabate progresses next season, just stating that I would keep him and let gray go, as in my opinion gray hasn’t improved in the years here, and the noises gray makes in the press, I don’t think he wants to just be a sub, so for his career it’s probably time to move on

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Webbo said:

This season is make or break for him here now. With Mahrez gone, now's his chance to nail down a starting spot. If he doesn't do it this year he never will.

Hope he understands how lucky he is to have so many games under his belt at a Premier League team like us at his age. This is a crucial season for him but he’s besties with Chilwell and Maddison; hopefully they can all crack on together. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

This season is make or break for him here now. With Mahrez gone, now's his chance to nail down a starting spot. If he doesn't do it this year he never will.

We said that when Mahrez popped off to the AFCON and Gray didn't even play much in those couple of games. Same thing will likely happen when New RW comes in.

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

As sceptical as I have been, I think he actually will kick on this season.

22 hours ago, brucey said:

We said that when Mahrez popped off to the AFCON and Gray didn't even play much in those couple of games. Same thing will likely happen when New RW comes in.

we had a different manager then

I'm fairly bored of Demarai now. He has undoubted ability, but his footballing brain is on a par with Walcott. Has he got the motivation or intelligence to develop and improve. I'm just not sure. He's had opportunities, but aside from the odd 15min hot streak, he inevitably disappoints. Maybe he should move on. Wrong club, wrong player, wrong time??

• Like 1

Gray frustrates me so much!! He had a very good spell when Claude first came in up until mid December where we saw glimpses of what he could become, but fizzled out and lost his place again. With Riyad gone, he needs to step up to the plate and believe himself he can be the man fill that vacant spot, and finally start living up to his ‘potential’ :frusty:

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm fairly bored of Demarai now. He has undoubted ability, but his footballing brain is on a par with Walcott. Has he got the motivation or intelligence to develop and improve. I'm just not sure. He's had opportunities, but aside from the odd 15min hot streak, he inevitably disappoints. Maybe he should move on. Wrong club, wrong player, wrong time??

My thoughts completely. been given chance after chance and not done it

Grey seems to be an out and out winger... and unless you are right at the top of the pile, there seems to be less need of them in the modern game as their effectiveness is being nullified..