Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Looked fairly lively in periods last night and made some positive contributions.

Towards the end of the game though he seemed to start strolling around at times which was a bit infuriating.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/04/2018 at 01:34, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we don't keep Gray after all the time we've invested in him he'll go and blossom with someone else. He played well on Saturday and is getting better.

Him Chillwell Ndidi Maguire Diabate Iheanacho are the future of Leicester City and they're all young and only going to get better.

The future looks bright but we have to be patient.

Agreed, Still think Gray will be good next season

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:08, CarbonVirtine said:

I reckon this is what we'll see next season.

I'll be interested to see if Puel rates Musa sufficiently to consider him an option (for the bench to begin with) We've the makings of a very tricky forward line, a couple of astute signings and we'll be looking more balanced and cohesive for next season. Gray, Diabate and Iheanacho are attacking players for our future.

He never used him, not even as benchwarmer and sent him on loan as soon as he could.

One of the few things he got right.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

None. Its also not true that he doesnt track back, though people trot that out a lot. He tracks back all the time

Would it be highly outrageous of me to suggest that the colour of skin has a bearing on the words "lazy" and "bad attitude" being used disproportionately when describing him?  X

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It does make one go there a bit

Not accusing anyone directly obviously and I do say it with hesitation but I do tend to think it can play a part which is depressing.  Or maybe I am over thinking things.  Either way, Gray is a real conundrum.  He shows flashes of brilliance and sometimes he looks like he could become the real deal, especially when he is subbed on, but often when he starts he struggles to make an impact.  The optimist in me thinks he'll improve but I do understand why people are frustrated with him.  I have no reason to believe he is lazy.  Maybe a little unfocussed and he is inconsistent as 90% of young players are but I see no particular evidence of laziness.  Personally I would like to see him here next season and see if he finally pushes on but we'll see what happens.

X

Edited by RumbleFox

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not accusing anyone directly obviously and I do say it with hesitation but I do tend to think it can play a part which is depressing.  Or maybe I am over thinking things.  Either way, Gray is a real conundrum.  He shows flashes of brilliance and sometimes he looks like he could become the real deal, especially when he is subbed on, but often when he starts he struggles to make an impact.  The optimist in me thinks he'll improve but I do understand why people are frustrated with him.  I have no reason to believe he is lazy.  Maybe a little unfocussed and he is inconsistent as 90% of young players are but I see no particular evidence of laziness.  Personally I would like to see him here next season and see if he finally pushes on but we'll see what happens.

X

His interviews and social media posts from a year ago seem to rankle with people still, maybe its just that

But he has been a little disappointing although from what I see he is working on his game, just not had the run in a side thats ticking. Think our team is a difficult one to play for atm, especially for a youngster trying to get his game together. I'm not sure about Gray, but personally I always like to see him on the pitch because with him there is potential and its a bit more exciting to watch

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Would it be highly outrageous of me to suggest that the colour of skin has a bearing on the words "lazy" and "bad attitude" being used disproportionately when describing him?  X

I don't think it's disproportionate personally. Gray, Mahrez, Slimani and Nacho get described as having a poor attitude, yet Diabate, Simpson, Morgan, Amartey, Ndidi and Choudhury don't. Those with a 'bad attitude' reputation have all previously reacted poorly to being subbed, if I remember correctly.

Edited by brucey

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

“ my favourite actor of all time was Mr Sidney Poitier”...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m not buying the race card as the reason Gray gets criticised overall on foxestalk. For me he is judged on what he brings to the team with regards to creating opportunities, scaring the opposition full back, actual assists and by scoring goals and generally positively influencing the team and the game. This is where Gray currently falls short. He does sometimes track back, he sometimes doesn’t. He does often look less than happy but that doesn’t mean he has an attitude. Does Chilwell get criticised for his occasional slack defending because he is white or could it be that it is justified? Judge him on his football definitely. Currently based on that he rightly does get some criticism at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not buying the race card as the reason Gray gets criticised overall on foxestalk. For me he is judged on what he brings to the team with regards to creating opportunities, scaring the opposition full back, actual assists and by scoring goals and generally positively influencing the team and the game. This is where Gray currently falls short. He does sometimes track back, he sometimes doesn’t. He does often look less than happy but that doesn’t mean he has an attitude. Does Chilwell get criticised for his occasional slack defending because he is white or could it be that it is justified? Judge him on his football definitely. Currently based on that he rightly does get some criticism at the moment. 

I hope you are right, I really do.  X

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

His interviews and social media posts from a year ago seem to rankle with people still, maybe its just that

But he has been a little disappointing although from what I see he is working on his game, just not had the run in a side thats ticking. Think our team is a difficult one to play for atm, especially for a youngster trying to get his game together. I'm not sure about Gray, but personally I always like to see him on the pitch because with him there is potential and its a bit more exciting to watch

Yeah I agree.  The problem is he often plays when we are struggling and usually as a substitute.  I think ideally we would see him replace Riyad for a few games rather than shoehorned in somewhere else because Riyad is undroppable (I love Mahrez and think he is one of our greatest ever players but if he really does want to leave we should be brave enough to drop him and look to the future).  Yeah some of his social media stuff was maybe careless but people forget these are young boys.  I did some complete nobber things in my youth but like to think I would not be judged on them forever.  I wish we could be a little more supportive on our younger players as a fanbase and a little more patient but it doesn't seem to be the case. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We have players of different races who nobody could call lazy (Vardy, Okazaki, N’Didi).

I think most people have the idea of him being lazy due to his attitude when he first arrived. He thought he was the finished article when he clearly wasn’t. His persona probably doesn’t do him any favours either. People have had their minds made up about him for a while and it’ll take something special from him to change that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I agree.  The problem is he often plays when we are struggling and usually as a substitute.  I think ideally we would see him replace Riyad for a few games rather than shoehorned in somewhere else because Riyad is undroppable (I love Mahrez and think he is one of our greatest ever players but if he really does want to leave we should be brave enough to drop him and look to the future).  Yeah some of his social media stuff was maybe careless but people forget these are young boys.  I did some complete nobber things in my youth but like to think I would not be judged on them forever.  I wish we could be a little more supportive on our younger players as a fanbase and a little more patient but it doesn't seem to be the case. X 

Riyad being undroppable is definitely an issue atm imo

And yeah, if I was 20 years old, playing pro football, i'd be a competet tool. More of a tool

Pretty sure i'd be making a fool of myself on social media and generally bothering young women

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think a players background absolutely has an affect on how they are perceived on here, I held that belief for a long time and not mentioned too much for fear of being lynched.

The criticism is often disproportionate to that of other players who seem to have bad performances glossed over or excused. There are many things chucked about, whether it's attitude, or lack of brains, moody etc.

I don't think it's a conscious thing on the part of most people, I hasten to add.

I tend to agree but I do understand why people get defensive when it is mentioned and obviously criticising Demarai does not = racism but I do think it plays a role as you say.  Anyhoo, let's whup Arsenal!  X

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Glad somebodies came out and said this 

• Like 1