Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Thought he played excellent today.

Absolute quality goal, and nearly scored another fantastic one. Very skilful and intelligent as well.

I actually prefer him to Mahrez, more dangerous and direct, and really should play more.

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

What is "current form"? Mahrez was brilliant against Brugge and Burnley and had not the greatest 45 minutes today. Gray has been pretty average (but looked good and lively in fairness) for us this season up until now. Don't wanna sound like one of those Algerian blokes but yet again Mahrez is an easy target and is getting unfair stick.

Mahrez still has to improve, but people can't wait to drop him sometimes. The defending and the system was the problem today, not Mahrez.

I've never had a bad word to say about Mahrez, I love the guy and have stuck up for him when the "He's only good once in every 5 games" comments have been brought out, but he needs a rest, he needs a rocket up his arse.

Take nothing away from the Brugges or Burnley games/results or performances but were we really that good, or were they just shocking? I'd say abit of both, but in reality it's probably more they were shit - That's talking of the team a whole, i'm not singling Mahrez out there.

Edited by Matt

4-0 up and they weren't that bothered which made things easier for us. I wouldnt judge much of the 2nd half in positives or negatives although Grays wonder goal was sensational and he did once again show some nice touches but he didnt show much at Hull on the season opener when the chips were down. 

Before we hail him as the messiah (he will be class in the future for sure) I would just take a bit of heed there before we put too much pressure on him. Also, I dont think we can play two strikers, Mahrez right AND Gray on the left. Its too light weight. Albrighton brings some defensive and positional discipline where Gray is likely to go all over the shop. Gray is also quite a selfish player where Albrighton is likely to check back and cross the ball. 

I would like to see us playing a 451 with Mahrez right and Gray left which turns into a 433 but that means us playing just Vardy up front and three midfielders behind the front three. How we do that when we have 75 strikers I dont know but any team thats tactically astute would kill us in a 442 with the aforementioned pair playing wide.

Id like us to mix up tactics and stop being so predictable. Whether we try a flat back 3 of 433/451 we do have to mix up tactics not just personnel. 

• Like 3

I don't think Mahrez has been all that bad. Yes started the season poorly but no doubt he's picked up his game recently.

It can only bode well for us that a player like Gray can come in and perform like he did to day when the rest of the team (barring Drinkwater) play like they can't give a shit. And it bodes well with the amount of games we'll play this season that rotation will be required.

Cracking goal today though. Can't wait til he plays regularly. 

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah, thought he was great today. His work rate I noticed was excellent both attacking and defensively. He's willing to track back and he's always trying to make something happen. 

I think that goal today, which was outstanding by the way, will be superb for his confidence. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've never had a bad word to say about Mahrez, I love the guy and have stuck up for him when the "He's only good once in every 5 games" comments have been brought out, but he needs a rest, he needs a rocket up his arse.

Take nothing away from the Brugges or Burnley games/results or performances but were we really that good, or were they just shocking? I'd say abit of both, but in reality it's probably more they were shit - That's talking of the team a whole, i'm not singling Mahrez out there.

Yeah that's fair enough, but I don't think Mahrez really needs a rocket up his arse. Granted when he was dropped for the Norwich game last year he came back strongly, but he's playing pretty well right now regardless. Dropping him for Porto after what he did to Brugge would be especially wrong. 

Don't want to take anything away from Gray though anyway, really deserved that goal after the 9 months he's had for us. Love him and he's got to be worth another start soon despite how well Albrighton's played recently too. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Must start on Tuesday. Claudio pulled Mahrez at the half because he was under performing. Gray took his chance and was by far our best player. It sends a terrible message when players can't be ousted even when they're shown up by their substitutes.

Dunno, Rooney got on today.