Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

That's a fair comment but there is frustration all round that Diabate has come in for buttons and jumped ahead of him.

Also three managers have been here and Puel played him in his first game and still he hasn't really developed much in the two years he's been here.

Gray in fairness didn't cost us too much either, all factors considered... I'm more than happy we keep him if he is willing to fight for his place without a sulk.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

if you look at his social media , he thinks he is better than he is, quite simple

Tbh I have no interest in looking at his social media, but getting rid of someone for thinking they are better than they are has got to be one of the worst reasons for getting rid of someone ever. I'm pretty sure most professional footballers think they are better than they are, even great players like Messi and Ronaldo. I'm only interested in how good a player is, and how good he can become. And while Gray has undoubtedly underwhelmed this season, you can see the talent is there, and at 21 he has scope to improve. With Mahrez almost certain to be leaving we'd be mad to get rid.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

if you look at his social media , he thinks he is better than he is, quite simple

Got an assist when he come on in 5mins, Diabaté yet to really do anything in the league yet people seem to cream their pants over a bit of skill.

Not sure Gray will ever be liked by the majority

19 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Got an assist when he come on in 5mins, Diabaté yet to really do anything in the league yet people seem to cream their pants over a bit of skill.

Gray has done well in the last two appearances, but has had loads of pitch time this season and has largely done fvck all. 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

We have bigger probs than gray.

He needs to go about his work and kick on to the next level.....now.

Unless he does he is useless to us

a sustained run in one position would help stop thinking of him as someone that can play 10 or right wing and just say he is a left winger for the rest of the season and let him and Chilwell work like they do for England U21s.

If Gray played like Albrighton has lately he'd be getting death threats 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2018 at 05:14, Jimmy said:

a sustained run in one position would help stop thinking of him as someone that can play 10 or right wing and just say he is a left winger for the rest of the season and let him and Chilwell work like they do for England U21s.

If Gray played like Albrighton has lately he'd be getting death threats 

Agreed, I think he will get a run on the right next season and we might see his best.

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 18:50, HankMarvin said:

He didn't assist.

That's Diabaté's first start.

We write players if far too quickly at this club. He's only 21 FFS he might take another 2-3 years to get more consistent.

He's not that bad as it stands but if we're going to always compare him to player of the year Riyad Mahrez then yeah he's not all that and we should sell him after all he's not as good as Hazard either and we're Leicester and deserve better.

I mean what was mahrez doing at age 21 or kante or Hazard or many other super players?

• Like 2

I think both him and Diabate have a lot of potential and if we have patience (which of course this forum doesn't have), both will/can become very important players for us.

It's inevitable Mahrez goes this Summer so an experienced replacement plus these two will be very handy.

I do think Gray has at times shot himself in the foot by saying too much but I'm not gonna blame him for it cause a lot of footballers say that. I guess it does at least show he has desire to be one of the best.

• Like 3

On 10/04/2018 at 16:53, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Could you please post screen caps where his social media posts explicitly show how he thinks he's better than he is?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Could you please post screen caps where his social media posts explicitly show how he thinks he's better than he is?

It’s not so much from social media that you get the impression that Demarai has a high opinion of himself. It’s from his press activity. He was quoted with saying the below comment in December.  

Demarai Gray believes four members of the current line-up are genuine contenders to go to Russia next summer.

Striker Jamie Vardy and centre-back Harry Maguire are the obvious candidates, and Gray thinks winger Marc Albrighton should be in manager Gareth Southgate's thoughts too, not to mention himself.

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s not so much from social media that you get the impression that Demarai has a high opinion of himself. It’s from his press activity. He was quoted with saying the below comment in December.  

Demarai Gray believes four members of the current line-up are genuine contenders to go to Russia next summer.

Striker Jamie Vardy and centre-back Harry Maguire are the obvious candidates, and Gray thinks winger Marc Albrighton should be in manager Gareth Southgate's thoughts too, not to mention himself.

Is that so bad though?

He has come through all the age groups with England and done well with them.

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

And that's a bad thing? He's probably young and naive like we all were at that age, but he believes in himself and his team mates. Whether he's good enough or not you can't hold that against him.

Taken from Leicester Mercury

Leicester City's Demarai Gray says he has been held back for 18 months

City winger says his development was stifled by previous City managers

'That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of.

Edited by willie-bell-in-rothley
MISSED A HEADING LINE

Whilst I agree there’s still a lot of development needed, theres an underlying tone in this thread which isn’t great but not surprising...

Let’s just say if Jack Grealish was here in place of Gray I don’t think we’d have this thread which questions his character.....?

One thing to remember for everyone, not one person in this thread has spent time with Gray, or can call themselves his friend, so you don’t truly know his character.

Theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and those that are intimidated or jealous of confidence tend to label those with it as arogant. 

• Like 1