Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Whilst I agree there’s still a lot of development needed, theres an underlying tone in this thread which isn’t great but not surprising...

Let’s just say if Jack Grealish was here in place of Gray I don’t think we’d have this thread which questions his character.....?

One thing to remember for everyone, not one person in this thread has spent time with Gray, or can call themselves his friend, so you don’t truly know his character.

Theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and those that are intimidated or jealous of confidence tend to label those with it as arogant. 

I disagree. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I disagree. 

Do you think the rhetoric would be as clearly aimed at the way he spends his time on social media? Music/Clothing etc?

The references in this thread to that remind me of someones Gran explaining her dislike for 'that there violent rap music' 

2 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Taken from Leicester Mercury

Leicester City's Demarai Gray says he has been held back for 18 months

City winger says his development was stifled by previous City managers

'That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of.

That's from November last year....anything new to report?

7 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Does it matter when its from , he still thinks he is better than he is.

No it says he's been held back for 18 months. Which he was.... and he's now getting a chance but is clearly well of the boil because.... wait for it... He'd been held back for 18 months!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Does it matter when its from , he still thinks he is better than he is.

Tense is important here, his on field attitude has changed the last couple of times I've seen him (that assist to Vardy when he could well have shot). I hardly think that article demonstrates that "he thinks he's better than he is" he's just stating that his development was stifled by successive managers, and I think that is the case.

He's probably missed the boat on showing us just how good he is through trying to do too much "solo" work and ignoring his team-mates when a pass would have more likely produced a goal than his "row z" shot, and if (when) Mahrez moves on could be our only play maker. I just hope he does mature into the player a lot of us believe he can be.

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do you think the rhetoric would be as clearly aimed at the way he spends his time on social media? Music/Clothing etc?

The references in this thread to that remind me of someones Gran explaining her dislike for 'that there violent rap music' 

It might be on a different basis but I’m confident Grealish’s character would be called me into question if he were with us

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He will start tomorrow I think.

I'd be surprised considering today is the first day he's trained with the squad. Although Fuchs manages that every week at the minute lol 

8 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

Is that so bad though?

He has come through all the age groups with England and done well with them.

6 hours ago, z-layrex said:

And that's a bad thing? He's probably young and naive like we all were at that age, but he believes in himself and his team mates. Whether he's good enough or not you can't hold that against him.

I was just responding to someone who wanted proof that demarai might think he’s better than he currently is. He felt he had a chance to get in the England World Cup squad when he actually currently struggles to start or make an impact for Leicester. 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Whilst I agree there’s still a lot of development needed, theres an underlying tone in this thread which isn’t great but not surprising...

Let’s just say if Jack Grealish was here in place of Gray I don’t think we’d have this thread which questions his character.....?

One thing to remember for everyone, not one person in this thread has spent time with Gray, or can call themselves his friend, so you don’t truly know his character.

Theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and those that are intimidated or jealous of confidence tend to label those with it as arogant. 

That jack grealish comment simply isn’t true mate. Not sure what agenda you’re trying to push but I think he would’ve got more stick than gray because his attitude affected his fitness and training. That’s never been questioned with demarai. 

7 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Taken from Leicester Mercury

Leicester City's Demarai Gray says he has been held back for 18 months

City winger says his development was stifled by previous City managers

'That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of.

What an entitled little bellend.

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance, one is selfish, whilst the other isn't.

Can we please start Gray on the left wing for the run in.

He’s played (dare I say it?) a little more intelligently the last few outings, at least created more chances than he’s wasted.  Remains infuriating at times.  But extrapolate that upturn, he may be ready to become a player.  A run of five starts, under this manager, could prove him in or out.

We don’t have enough complementary attacking talent even with Mahrez, we don’t recruit it intelligently, and Gray is very talented.  Under contract for three more years.  He is either a key player in the near future, or an excellent transfer asset, but worthless in limbo in between.

We have plenty of time with Diabate.  But with Gray it may be time to go or get off the pot.

I thought he was one of the only players to have a decent game yesterday. He tried to be positive, drove forward a couple of times, did some defensive work and also made some decent decisions for a change. I think let him and diabate have a run of games together and leave out mahrez. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I thought he was one of the only players to have a decent game yesterday. He tried to be positive, drove forward a couple of times, did some defensive work and also made some decent decisions for a change. I think let him and diabate have a run of games together and leave out mahrez. 

Would like to see Gray and Dibate on both wings from the start.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Would like to see Gray and Dibate on both wings from the start.

I reckon this is what we'll see next season.

I'll be interested to see if Puel rates Musa sufficiently to consider him an option (for the bench to begin with) We've the makings of a very tricky forward line, a couple of astute signings and we'll be looking more balanced and cohesive for next season. Gray, Diabate and Iheanacho are attacking players for our future.

6 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

I reckon this is what we'll see next season.

I'll be interested to see if Puel rates Musa sufficiently to consider him an option (for the bench to begin with) We've the makings of a very tricky forward line, a couple of astute signings and we'll be looking more balanced and cohesive for next season. Gray, Diabate and Iheanacho are attacking players for our future.

I agree with Gray, Dibate and Nacho those 3 could become regular starters next season, I wouldn't mind seeing Mendy back here as we haven't really seen what he is capable off not a fan of Musa if I'm honest, but yea a couple of clever signings and an improved defence could see us looking like a better team next season, whether that's under Puel remains to be seen.