Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Often awful when he starts but seems to do well or have an effect when coming on as a sub late in games. Yet I'm sure he does not want to be a sub constantly lol

He needs to do more when in the starting 11.

For the pen he 'won', when he got the ball I said out loud 'he'll hit the first man or run down a blind alley'.

I didn't think he'd manage to do both within seconds of one another.

Thankfully he was needlessly hacked at and we were awarded a penalty. He is genuinely garbage.

By the way, that penalty is everything I don't understand or agree with in football. Not just because it was Gray, but that move was never ever going to result in a goal. But there's contact, down he goes and we have a free shot from 12 yards.

Went our way tonight but I hate that about football. 

For me a penalty should only be awarded in goal stopping situations. For any other foul, indirect free kick.

It's such a flaw in the game and creates needless drama which all too often influences the outcome of otherwise competitive matches.

But yeah back on point, Gray is absolute doggo.

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Genuinely think he's muck. Not a patch on Diabate. 

I was a bit disappointed in Diabate tonight…nothing quite clicked for him (I do like him though)

we looked sharper down that side when Gray came on… 

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Glad somebodies came out and said this 

He gets the reputation because he does have a bad attitude. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Would it be highly outrageous of me to suggest that the colour of skin has a bearing on the words "lazy" and "bad attitude" being used disproportionately when describing him?  X

I’ve been saying this without actually saying it for months lol fair play for coming out with it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I was a bit disappointed in Diabate tonight…nothing quite clicked for him (I do like him though)

Diabate looked short of confidence in front of goal... but That touch in the second half left me nursing a semi

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Gray like Diabate shows his best when coming on a sub. Would be nice to get them doing it from the start of games.

It wasn't working for Diabate tonight, Gray made more out of the positions he found himself in.

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Diabate was great first half, headless chicken second. He set up the first goal, when Arsenal still had 11 players. Real potential. 

Gray went down easily for that penalty. 

15 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Got talent in his feet but lacking a footballing brain for the highest level of competition,  Not something you can coach either.

Another young English prospect, paid too much too soon, without actually proving the are a talent.

There is obviously something there for him to get where he is, but appears to me a player who thinks he’s made it big, gets paid millions, and pretty little or no talent or motivation on the pitch on a regular basis.

The kid needs to pull his socks up, as many a very good player before have thrown their careers down the pan, after living the high life without proving themselves 

13 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Would it be highly outrageous of me to suggest that the colour of skin has a bearing on the words "lazy" and "bad attitude" being used disproportionately when describing him?  X

Very good point. The one that I notice the most is the use of the word 'brainless'. 

11 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Diabate looked short of confidence in front of goal... but That touch in the second half left me nursing a semi

I think he’ll be good when he gets his confidence/ rhythm…. The raw potential is evident @Wolfboy went nuts when he took that ball down…. Lovely!

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

Gray like Diabate shows his best when coming on a sub. Would be nice to get them doing it from the start of games.

It wasn't working for Diabate tonight, Gray made more out of the positions he found himself in.

You have to allow them to have bad/ not good games…. Is the only way they’re going to learn and improve….  It’s called patience!!!

Will be interesting to see how they both develop next year…

10 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Diabate was great first half, headless chicken second. He set up the first goal, when Arsenal still had 11 players. Real potential. 

Gray went down easily for that penalty. 

He was better first half…. Still (other than the assist) he just lacked a bit of cutting edge and buggered it up too often!

Gray brought that penalty!

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I think he’ll be good when he gets his confidence/ rhythm…. The raw potential is evident @Wolfboy went nuts when he took that ball down…. Lovely!

You have to allow them to have bad/ not good games…. Is the only way they’re going to learn and improve….  It’s called patience!!!

He was better first half…. Still (other than the assist) he just lacked a bit of cutting edge and buggered it up too often!

Gray brought that penalty!

If he did buy the penalty (IMO he didnt),  see he does have a footballing brain.

We should be happy we have,Gray and Diabate,they are 2 young players that just

light bring us a bright future. 

I have Been upset with Gray,this season on involvement,effort and attitude,but hes young

our so called experienced players,were worse and should of Been better,there was nobody

or anywhere our young players could turn to because their experiences teammates

were not present..

Posters who just come up with "shit, get rid,move them on". approach explains More the

Lack of forethought from within the forum,than the young players future potential.

I am not against the critic,all have deserved a slagging this last 1/3 of the season,

but one needs to have a wider Perspective when totting up younger players performances,

and potential for the Clubs future. You cant just buy so easy,walk in Talent,but you can

create,develope it from within.

All shouting out for Diabate,he gets in ,! then oomphh, he  had a his moments,but also struggled,suddenly there are Doubts strewn over his credentials.  Sometimes I just wonder if some Fans get Payed just to moan.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Another young English prospect, paid too much too soon, without actually proving the are a talent.

There is obviously something there for him to get where he is, but appears to me a player who thinks he’s made it big, gets paid millions, and pretty little or no talent or motivation on the pitch on a regular basis.

The kid needs to pull his socks up, as many a very good player before have thrown their careers down the pan, after living the high life without proving themselves 

See, this is just absolute nonsense isn't it - what exactly are you basing it off? 

It's fine to criticise Gray's performances this season; I've been miffed by him all year for struggling to take his chances when he's had them. But to reduce it to him being a player who "thinks he's made it big" is just utter drivel. 

There's frustration all around him at the moment: from us fans, because we know there's something there; from management, for the same reasons; from him, because he doesn't get the regular starts he wants but probably knows deep down that his displays haven't warranted them either. He's always been in the unfortunate position of playing for one place - Mahrez is just too good, simple - and he'll never be the reliable 7/10 grafter that Albrighton is. Diabate has come in and more or less done what Gray managed at the start, making for even more competition. 

Honestly, I think we'll probably sell if a good offer comes in this summer. No manager has ever been able to trust him for weeks on end, and he hasn't really improved since those bright sub appearances in 2015/16. But let's not shoot him down with daft sweeping generalisations.  

• Like 1

I still believe we should stick with him 1 more year.

I know people's patience are wearing thin, but he just needs one break through season and he is still only 21! 

Where was Mahrez at 21?! Not saying he will get close to that level, but he has raw ingredients that really suggest he has a good chance, as long as he can improve his decision making and consistency. He is still a regular in the England set up and is still a real handful for defenders, as shown last night.

Another season, and perhaps another Manager to have a look at him and work out how to get the best from him. Diabate has definitely shown him up recently, but players develop and mature at different ages and I think patience could pay off with Gray. Needs to play though, but that is down to him more than anyone else now. 

• Like 4

This is a forum where we give our opinions, at what point did I state it was a fact rather than opinion, my opinions are gray has been given lots of opportunities, and as much as everyone bangs on about how great he could be, he has look far from being anything other than an average player, in an average team, and time and time again, fails to take the chances he’s given, and then is in the press mentioning lack of game time.

Then touching on the Young English player, and throwing his career away.

Gray performs well for England, he gets a £50,000 a week contract, and does little performances wise, to try and force himself into a regular starting place, and my opinion is, we always do it with young English prospects, give them loads of money, the lifestyle of a millionaire footballer, at a young age, before they actually prove they are any good, and in my opinion it spoils them, as they believe the hype around them, by the people who they pay to blow smoke up their arses, and they lose track of the job the are supposed to do, or should I say progress as they should, so therefore generalising my opinion, not singling gray out,  but I can see it in gray, in my opinion.

But now I will single him out, he has been here long enough to prove he has what it takes, for me and in my opinion, he’s not good enough, and for £ 50, 000 a week, we could spend that on a player who could add something more.

I think we were mad to turn down 25 mil last summer, and I think we would be mad to turn down an offer for him this summer, his career has stalled here, he offers nothing we don’t already have, and maybe it’s best for his career to go elsewhere, to see if he can reach the level some suspect he can.

Edited by Monsell1976
Replying to Izzet wicked, but didn’t seem to quote
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

You'd struggle to find many more patient people than me. lol

• Haha 1