Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Leicester clackers

Lets be honest, they make a racket. I'm a fan, and my young lad loves them!

I noticed last night that although we made plenty of noise before kick off, but the crowd seemed a little nervous for the first five minutes, possibly thinking which Leicester are going to turn up? The clappers allowed those fans to slap away and back the hardcore enthusiasts until the opening settled down and they found their voice.

Long may they remain.

I have to concur with what people are saying about them being launched. Absolutely ****ing stupid. When all said and done, they are pretty sharp and could quite easily take someone's eye out if it caught you there. What is the need?

Do you remember the days when the likes of Stoke, Liverpool and Arsenal had decent atmospheres? Thats all finished.

The atmospheres around the country barring maybe Palace are largely shite. Sunderland fans are a joke and their atmosphere is shocking. Id also say Ive never known so many light weight fans leave early as I have watching MOTD at the Stadium of Shite. Man Utd and Arsenal are shocking whilst West Ham are now 2 miles away from the pitch. Then you have usually load clubs who are in the mire and the fans dont turn up like Stoke, Middlesborough, Hull, Swansea etc etc. 

We have gone from being quiet a good few years ago to being one of the loudest. If some of the fans who are too embarrassed to sing or cant be assed start stopping their feet, clapping their cheeks or using clappers, they`ll do for me. Id have a problem if we werent singing and just used these types of things. I also dont see the problem, its not like we are wheeling out vuvuzela`s!! 

18 hours ago, one F in Fox said:

Look, what as fans are we supposed to do?

The club decided to put them out on our seats, we didn't get a say in it

I'm not a massive fan of them but look at our home form since we've had them.

The club put them out and the fans who usually would sit in silence use them.

You've got to say, when you look around the ground and everyone is clacking

away, it's a great sight and sound!

its not just form...the atmosphere, for which we have been lauded, has improved beyond measure since their introduction. As you say, everybody gets involved.

I must admit i don't give two hoots what other fans say about them. The atmosphere in our ground is a s good as anywhere and I think the clackers contribute by allowing everybody to take part in a way they are comfortable with.

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah something needs to be done about the throwing of the clappers if we contiune to use them, maybe a note on each clapper somewhere? 

2 hours ago, crazyleicester said:

Do you remember the days when the likes of Stoke, Liverpool and Arsenal had decent atmospheres? Thats all finished.

The atmospheres around the country barring maybe Palace are largely shite. Sunderland fans are a joke and their atmosphere is shocking. Id also say Ive never known so many light weight fans leave early as I have watching MOTD at the Stadium of Shite. Man Utd and Arsenal are shocking whilst West Ham are now 2 miles away from the pitch. Then you have usually load clubs who are in the mire and the fans dont turn up like Stoke, Middlesborough, Hull, Swansea etc etc. 

We have gone from being quiet a good few years ago to being one of the loudest. If some of the fans who are too embarrassed to sing or cant be assed start stopping their feet, clapping their cheeks or using clappers, they`ll do for me. Id have a problem if we werent singing and just used these types of things. I also dont see the problem, its not like we are wheeling out vuvuzela`s!! 

Arsenal?Wasn't known as Highbury the libary for nothing?Agree with the rest though:thumbup:

I've accidentally launched one into the air when we scored! Seen some being launched last night in frustration but not deliberately. Any scumbag who throws then deliberately at someone is no better than someone throwing coins at players and if caught should be banned. 

I don't use them myself, but anything that can get kids involved and making a racket can only be a good thing.

Besides, if you're annoying people, you're usually doing something right. 

Other clubs' fans make me laugh. The ones complaining about our 'fake' atmosphere are usually the ones from clubs whose fans sit on their hands for 85 minutes then leave to beat the rush. Either that, or Palace fans, who are just a bit bitter that they no longer have the loudest premier league ground. But they invented singing at the football, don't you know.

Archived